Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CIA/NRO interview process ... (Read 35550 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymouse1

Re: CIA/NRO interview process ...
Reply #30 - Feb 17th, 2003 at 3:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Torpedo wrote on Feb 17th, 2003 at 12:21am:

Hey anonymouse1....what are YOU talking about......I am sure that Two-Block knew what I was talking about and it certainly wasn't obscene as you make it out to be....at least one thing....you divulged your direction..."LEFT".....was that a Freudian slip?

Hmmm.... the lady doth protest too much, methinks Grin

Seriously torpedo, as far as i'm concerned it's

DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL

Your thecret is thafe with us

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #31 - Feb 19th, 2003 at 5:20pm
Torpedo wrote on Feb 16th, 2003 at 2:44am:
Does this mean I have to list George as a "close" and continuing relationship.....probably not because I am sure he is probably out there marching and holding signs with the war protestors in the Hague.  My kind of friend!....[and also]and you come out on the side of some of the anti-war leftists on this site.....shame, shame, shame.

Torpedo, I knew your attitude reminded me of someone famous in recent history, but I couldn't recall exactly who it was until I read this:

All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

The person who said that was your dear friend Hermann Goering, speaking at the Nuremberg Trials.

Keep your number one tube unflooded,

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #32 - Feb 21st, 2003 at 7:11pm
Back for a couple of days.

Torpedo

Your #1 tube doesn't concern me because my battery of K's are loaded with depth's.

Your assumption that I am on the side of leftists is about as accurate as the wonder woman box. I am about as far right as onyone can get. I just have a big thing against one man/woman controlling the livelyhood and life of a person. It's not right. I believe in hard evidence.

If I had my way, Oldsoma would be Layen and Soddam would be committing sodomy hell. North Korea wouldn't exist. Nuke'em.

BTW, I don't remember any anti-war postings on this site.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box the lurking woman

Reply #33 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 12:07pm

Twoblock wrote on Feb 21st, 2003 at 7:11pm:

If I had my way, Oldsoma would be Layen and Soddam would be committing sodomy hell. North Korea wouldn't exist. Nuke'em.

BTW, I don't remember any anti-war postings on this site.

Here's one for you:

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind... And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."
-- William Shakespeare in The Tragedy of Julius Caesar

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #34 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 12:54pm
Quote:

Here's one for you:

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind... And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."
-- William Shakespeare in The Tragedy of Julius Caesar

That's all very nice but it is urban myth.  Bab's herself got nailed for propagating this very nonsense.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-caesar-quote.htm

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 3:42pm

-- Unknown Author

Thanks for noting the incorrect citation Marty!  Kiss 

According to this article, looks like I'm not the only one cutting and pasting from the web.  

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,890916,00.html

Is this an urban myth too?

"Those who are willing to sacrifice their basic liberties to assure their security deserve neither." 
--Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #36 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 7:12pm
the lurking lady

What does ancient playwrite crap have to do with present day dictators who torture, maim and kill their own citizens who dare disagree with their twisted minded political views? Who, also, cowardly attacks this country causing death, distruction and great economic loss. At least we are warning Sodomy HisHiney that we are going to kick his ass unless he complies with the UN directive. Are you proposing that we ignore his atrocities against ones who cannot defend themselves? Would you like to live in his shadow in Iraq?

Bush and our allies made a big mistake in warning Iraq we are going to attack. This is not militarily sound. It puts undue risk on our military. Forewarned is forearmed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Reply #37 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 7:33pm
Ok, so I admit that I may not be overly bright when it comes to politics and the chess game played by political leaders, but I am just wondering about something.  Sadaam is well aware of our massive build up in the region near him.  Why, why would he even contemplate the destruction of his weapons?  I mean, it would seem to me that if it was my house, and I was told I had to give up all of my weapons or face being forced out of my house, I don't know that I would be willing to dispose of all of my weapontry.  I would, especially if I was under the impression that all of those folks outside my door who were armed to the hilt were determined to evict me regardless of any concessions on my side.
Heck, since our intelligence agencies seem so apt to support the polygraph, why don't we just tell Sadaam to submit to a polygraph exam about his WMD?  If history repeats itself, he will be touted as a professional liar if he passes, and as a proven terrorist if he fails.  Either way, doesn't the US get what they want?   
Showing my naivity:
Seeker

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #38 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 10:31pm
The arts of war are fairly well understood, having been studied for a very long time with un-natural selection culling the losers over the millenia.  Darwin in action one might say.

PBS's Frontline has a very good, current series focusing on the discussions on policy behind this. Agree or not, 9/11 has produced a fundamental change in US foreign policy toward a preemptive approach. It's useful to understand the why's. I'm uneasy with the US playing worldwide cop but there good arguments why this may be right.

TwoBlock,
As for military strategy, you are right about the surprise factor. It provides significant advantage. That's why the Japanese attacked as they did.  It has been reported that strategic surprise was impossible in Iraq due to the required buildup period but that they expected to achieve a degree of "tactical" surprise. My guess is that they are referring to the targets of the initial salvo of cruise missiles.

-Marty

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Feb 23rd, 2003 at 2:17am

Marty,

After 9-11, why was there not a thorough, vigorous, comprehensive investigation of what went wrong? 
Why didn’t they find those who failed America in the FBI and CIA, get rid of them, and replace them with those who sounded alarm bells but weren't heard?  Instead, they  set out to destroy the courageous whistle-blowers, and leave the incompetents right where they are, or even promote them.  Why wasn’t the polygraph put to use for this purpose, if the pentagon is so convinced that it works?

Why not make the capture of Osama bin Laden and his al-qaeda operatives the number one priority, rather than quietly give up on this search, and direct attentions elsewhere, like Saddam Hussein (read oil interests.)   

Even if things go perfectly, hundreds of Americans will die in America's invasion of Iraq. If things DON'T go well, tens of thousands of Americans will die because...why, exactly? The inspectors haven't found nuclear bombs over there. They haven't found a convincing al-qaeda connection. There's virtually NO EVIDENCE that we have to go to war at this time.

Seeker,

I agree, just polygraph Saddam, if they are worried about the weapons that were given to him by America.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #40 - Feb 23rd, 2003 at 2:37am
Lurking woman,

To engage in debate there must be some agreement on the facts. Both sides of this have obfuscated them where convenient to bolster their positions and lock in their supporters.

You might reflect on the fact that after innumerable warnings and dire expectations there have been no successful attacks by Al Qaeda on the US since 9/11.

As for investigations, while it's America's favorite pastime to play blame games, I don't really see what could have predicted the specific coordinated, suicidal attack that was done, aside from HUMINT inside the heart of OBL's operations. As for the general case of terrorist attacks, they have long been predicited since Al Qaeda and other's war against the US has been long been understood.

-Marty

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #41 - Feb 23rd, 2003 at 10:35pm
Dear Lurking Woman,

[You write]
“The inspectors haven't found nuclear bombs over there.”

Just because the inspectors have not found any nuclear bombs in Iraq as of yet, does not mean that they are not there.

[Lurking woman also writes]
“Why didn’t they find those who failed America in the FBI and CIA, get rid of them, and replace them with those who sounded alarm bells but weren't heard?  Instead, they  set out to destroy the courageous whistle-blowers, and leave the incompetents right where they are, or even promote them.  Why wasn’t the polygraph put to use for this purpose, if the pentagon is so convinced that it works?”

You raise an excellent point here. You “hit the nail on the head” when you remarked, “why wasn’t the polygraph put to use for this purpose”, that is because the Pentagon knows that the polygraph is unreliable, and susceptible to countermeasures. It might “bluff” a confession from a naive and gullible suspect from time to time; however, the government knows that polygraph testing is not reliable at all. 

Consider this: if polygraph testing was remotely reliable, as is DNA testing, or finger print evidence directly linking a suspect to a specific crime, then polygraph results would be admissible in the court of law. Personally, I think that’s a hard argument to influence otherwise. 

What makes the United States so great and unique is not a pledge, a flag, or a song, all of which are more properly labeled culturally transitory trappings of patriotism. The USA is great because of a body of law and the people who have chosen to live under that law. That's why, in the United States when an immigrant takes the oath of citizenship, or when a citizen takes an oath of public office, they swear to uphold, not a flag, not the President, not a god, not an ideology, but the Constitution of the United States of America.

Likewise, terrorism as demonstrated by the suicidal murders of 9/11, and the present day fear of an ever-looming potential biological or nuclear attack somewhere within the USA should be stopped, fast and efficiently. However, there is no rapid response blueprint for accomplishing this goal. Things will be missed, suggestions overlooked, from various agents consisting of both the FBI and CIA. Hindsight is always 20/20, and laying blame comes easy from those on the outside looking in. As a free self-ruling democratic society, it is not only our right, but our responsibility to vigorously and openly debate the issues, the use of military force, our foreign policy, civil rights and privacy in a time of war, and so on. America Unites sounds great as a news logo; but unity is no simple concept. We all want our families, our soldiers, and our unions, to be united toward clear, common goals. But is it not dangerous for a democratic population weighing if and how to wage war to value unity above all else? It's all too easy to mandate patriotism, as the New York Board of Education brought back the pledge of allegiance to classrooms, as if that will stop the Osama bin Ladens of the world. 

Respectfully
Triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box iwishiknew
New User

Reply #42 - Jan 3rd, 2005 at 6:10am
i am curious to hear if anyone knows of discrimination against gays in the clearance process. i am gay and was accused of molesting boys because i revealed an incident that has haunted me since i was 13. i spoke of this only because i knew it bothered me still and i always considered it a "crime".  i disclosed this in my initial polygraphs at both cia and nsa. i had a second polygraph the very next day at cia and second one at nsa about three months after my first nsa poly. in both of the second polys i felt "fine" enough and was almost confident that i had "resolved" the issues. i still came away feeling as though judgements were made based on my sexual orientation and not fact. 

despite all the bullshit, i would like to pursue the job i was offered. has anyone heard of someone being "removed from processing" to be allowed to re-apply and succeed? i do not want to waste any more time thinking about this if it is truly not possible. i am waiting for my FOIA request to be processed. judging from past communications, i expect the response to be just as useless as previous responses. i look to you all for your experience. 

interesting of note - the nsa knows from testing i know three of the languages most desperately needed right now. i learned them from scratch as a non-native and have achieved high levels of proficiency. i think it curious that someone who has such abilities and who wants to help is treated so poorly. 

thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
CIA/NRO interview process ...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X