Normal Topic PD Polygraph Test Went bad, HELP!! (Read 9350 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ben

PD Polygraph Test Went bad, HELP!!
Mar 26th, 2001 at 12:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
???   I am currently employed as a DC Metro cop. I recently took the polygraph for another police department and they told me I showed "reactions" to 6 (a lot) questions during the test.  I know for a fact that some of the things I supposedly showed reactions to were completely wrong, because I did not do the things that I was supossedly lying about.  I was instructed that I may return to hiring department within the next 6 months to retake a seperate polygraph for each topic I showed reactions to (Folks, we are talking about 6 whole seperate polygraphs on 6 seperate topics occurring on 6 seperate days!!!!!) These topics were on things from General truthfulness to drug use (a non-issue) and MY SEX LIFE!  I really do not feel good about disclosing intimate details about my sex life with some guy I never met. Anyway, If I pass the polygraphs, my getting this incredibly great job are like a shoe in, I am only 5th on the list, and I really want this job!
Please help me, let me know how I can get through this....... What can I do to pass this test?  I am already in a position where I have and do carry a firearm 10 feet from the president, so I feel dumb having to rely on a machine to prove trustworthyness to a background detective in order to be hired. I will take any tips anyone can offer, so that I can pass these tests and get on the Job. Also, are there laws I should know about, procedures the Polygraph examiners use to get me, countermeasures, and things I should say?
LAY IT ALL ON ME GUYS!
Thanx
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2001 at 2:01pm by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

PD Polygraph Test Went bad, HE
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2001 at 1:10pm
Ben,

I'm sorry to hear about your polygraph experience. It is indeed disgraceful that governmental agencies are making judgments about citizens' integrity based on the voodoo science of polygraphy.

The key to passing a polygraph "test" is to produce stronger physiological reactions to the so-called "control" questions than to the relevant questions. It's not hard to do, and you'll find it all explained in chapters 3 & 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, which you can download in PDF format from the AntiPolygraph.org publications page:

http://antipolygraph.org/pubs.shtml

Feel free to post any additional questions you may have.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2001 at 2:04pm by Administrator »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Re: PD Polygraph Test Went bad, HELP!!
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2001 at 2:12pm
Ben,

You need to be aware that polygraph examiners read this message board regularly.  If you choose to "re-test" and employ polygraph countermeasures, the last thing you need is to have the new examiner be aware that you have done research on how to produce a "truthful" chart. 

Thus, I have removed the name of the police department that you are applying to from your original message in order to protect your anonymity.

If you disagree with this decision, please e-mail us at info@antipolygraph.org and I will change it back.

Also, you may want to consider registering for the message board.  This will allow you to edit your own posts.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ben

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2001 at 10:26pm
I agree with taking the Dept. Name out of my post, anything that will help me get the job is good in my book at tghis point.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box VPT

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 12:19am
I Need Some Info.  I have been good in the past.  Im kinda freaking out because I have a polygraph test Tuesday and I am wondering if I should say "No" about lying to family or "Yes".  I have of course lied to them as a kid, like everyone else has, just like smoking pot in the past.  But not in many years.  Should I say no when an examiner ask that question??  Help me!   Any Tips that can help me would be appreciated.  I hope to hear from someone soon.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 3:28am
Quote:
I Need Some Info.  I have been good in the past.  Im kinda freaking out because I have a polygraph test Tuesday and I am wondering if I should say "No" about lying to family or "Yes".  I have of course lied to them as a kid, like everyone else has, just like smoking pot in the past.  But not in many years.  Should I say no when an examiner ask that question??  Help me!   Any Tips that can help me would be appreciated.  I hope to hear from someone soon.

Maybe one of the polygraphers who post here can give you a straight answer to your  question.  And it is a good question.

What is the purpose of your upcoming  polygraph interview/interrogation?  If I might ask.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

PD Polygraph Test Went bad, HELP!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X