Normal Topic Tell the trurth?? (Read 2827 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lostchild

Tell the trurth??
Jan 26th, 2001 at 12:50am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Should I just tell the polygrapher that I have read about the poly and know how countermeasure work and I do understand the concept behind this polygraph??

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Re: Tell the trurth??
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2001 at 2:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
This is a decision that ultimately, only you can make.

Gino Scalabrini and I discuss this "complete honesty" approach and the risks involved at pages 66-68 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, and while we consider complete honesty to be, in principle, the ethically preferable choice, we do not subscribe to philosopher Immanuel Kant's view of the "moral imperative" to tell the truth in all situations, either.

In what context do you face polygraph "testing?"

Last modification: George Maschke - 01/26/01 at 06:04:35

IP Logged

Tell the trurth??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X