Normal Topic A Few TS/SCI + Poly Questions (Read 63 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Juice

A Few TS/SCI + Poly Questions
Aug 12th, 2024 at 12:16pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am posting here because the questions I have always get banned on other sites like Reddit on the /r/securityclearance sub and others, especially when the word "polygraph" comes up.

Several months ago I received a conditional job offer from a big company but I have heard nothing since.  The job requires TS/SCI with a CI poly.  I have a few questions here which I have numbered so if you can answer each that will be great.

1)  I have not heard anything for many months since I submitted the SF86.  Does the polygraph always come first or is there a chance the investigators have already started my background check?   

2) They had me submit the SF86 via postal mail paper copies filled out (via typed on computer) instead of the e-Qip.  The company reiterated that I was to postal mail in the SF86 forms and not send them electronically.  Usually the DOD does eQip but this company said that the "customer" wants the paper forms. What does this mean; could the "customer" be a spy agency? 

3) I am currently abroad but will be back in the U.S. within a few months.  Can anything with a clearance happen while I am outside of the U.S, or must they wait until I am back in the U.S. to start the process?

4) I have foreign travel, once lost a job due to a failed poly, and have a misdemeanor (not related to sex, drugs, or alcohol).  All this happened about 10 years ago and I have had no other issues since. Do you think this is an instant disqualifier?

5) Is there a backlog in clearances or are they just running behind?  I have heard crickets since I submitted my SF86 forms.

I welcome all responses, subjective and objective.

- Juice

IP Logged

A Few TS/SCI + Poly Questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X