Normal Topic Advice for Post Interview (Read 863 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box J Kelly

Advice for Post Interview
Sep 27th, 2021 at 1:25am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just took the Poly for a 3 letter agency. It really sucked especially since I already work for another agency and was trying to jump ship. Anyway I know some of the workings of federal employees and federal contractors like polygraph operators.

All federal agencies are sensitive to complaints. Of course one or two complaints are par for the course but they also believe in the saying of "where there is smoke there is fire" philosophy. 

So if you are an applicant and undergo the polygraph exam, at the end of the interview before you leave, the examiner will tell you if you passed or failed. Then he will ask you a series of questions about your experience such as:
1. Did you think this interview was conducted professionally?
2. Would you choose me again to conduct a polygraph.
and so on. Those are CYA questions that cover him from complaints because when you leave and reflect on the experience, you are going to realize the extent of the abuse he put you through and become angry. That will anger will become even more so when you get the you failed and your application is terminated letter. Unfortunately you already gave him a glowing review before you left in the hopes that being nice will save you.

Don't. give him a good review. 

After the polygraph process, when he tells you that you failed and he tries to tell you that it isnt his decision but the next level after him, he is lying. When he said you failed, you failed. So when he asks the post interview questions, don't be a nice guy because it will not work.

Dont get mad and tell him what a farce this whole experience was. You need to very calmly state how unprofessional his conduct was. Remember every time he raised his voice, got angry, called you a liar, etc and bring that up during the post interview. It won't save you but at least he will have to answer to his supervisor why his conduct was unprofessional. We all know his behavior is part of the act, but no one ever calls them out on it. Be that person that does.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Advice for Post Interview
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2021 at 12:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
J Kelly,

This is an excellent idea, and I'll bring it up at this Saturday's online meetup. Please feel free to join us if it's convenient for you:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?action=eventcal;calshow=1;event...

The next edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector will likely include a section on this topic.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Advice for Post Interview

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X