Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Accused Spy Peter Rafael Dzibinski Debbins: Yet Another Catastrophic Failure of Polygraph Screening (Read 10441 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box troll_of_truth
User

Re: Accused Spy Peter Rafael Dzibinski Debbins: Yet Another Catastrophic Failure of Polygraph Screening
Reply #30 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 12:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
quickfix wrote on Apr 19th, 2021 at 6:20pm:
I did not ask for proof from the government.  I asked for proof from George, proof that Debbins took and passed a polygraph given by either INSCOM or DIA to substantiate his claim of "another catastrophic failure of polygraph screening".  He already admitted that he has nothing more than "strong circumstantial" evidence, which is not evidence, but speculation/conjecture.

George has given proof.  If a polygraph is required for those jobs, and Debbins worked those jobs, then he took a polygraph.  You still didn't answer my question.  If you do not accept deductive reasoning from news articles and official court documents as proof, and the U.S. government will not release an official statement, then what type of proof will you accept?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Update on Sentencing in the Peter Debbins Espionage Case
Reply #31 - May 8th, 2021 at 10:55am
As of today, Saturday, 8 May 2021, Peter Debbins' sentencing hearing remains scheduled for Friday, 14 May 2021 at 9:00 AM before Judge Claude Hilton in Room 800 of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at Alexandria:

https://www.vaedonline.uscourts.gov/schedules/w-weeklyhilton.html

On Friday, 7 May 2021, the prosecution filed a 30-page sentencing memorandum that at p. 15 briefly mentions a polygraph examination that Debbins underwent in July 2019:

Quote:
D. Procedural History

As of July 2019, Debbins was working for a DIA contractor overseas. See Tomlinson Decl. ¶ 7; Ex. A, ¶ 22. That month, as part of his security clearance reinvestigation, he returned to the United States to take a polygraph examination, which he failed.5 See Ex. A, ¶ 23. After Debbins failed the polygraph, he participated in a series of voluntary interviews with FBI agents from July 2019 to December 2019. See id. ¶ 24. During these interviews, Debbins detailed his cooperation with the Russian intelligence agents from 1996 until 2010. See id. Debbins has claimed that his conspiracy with the Russian intelligence agents did not continue past January 2011. See id. 25; SOF ¶ 1.

5. The government includes the information that Debbins failed his polygraph examination solely to provide the context leading to the FBI interviews—not as a factor to be considered in determining Debbins' sentence.

The referenced Exhibit A was filed under seal.

It seems unusual to me that Debbins would have traveled to the United States for any routine polygraph screening. That's not a cost-effective way of polygraphing personnel assigned to a large overseas facility in a stable and secure allied country (as Debbins was). A more economical approach would be to send a polygraph operator on TDY to polygraph multiple personnel on-site. It is also unusual for a failed polygraph to result in questioning by the FBI.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Confessed Russian Spy Peter Debbins' Comments on His Polygraph Experience
Reply #32 - May 9th, 2021 at 8:55am
Peter Debbins' Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing is now publicly available. It includes a psychiatric assessment by Dr. David L. Charney that has been redacted.

It also includes a 5-page letter dated 2 February 2021 from Debbins to Judge Claude M. Hilton seeking clemency. In it, Debbins mentions that he was polygraphed by the FBI in 2019, writing at pp. 3-4:

Quote:
I didn’t confront the mental pathologies that plagued me and my feelings against the Kremlin, and because of that, I made another great mistake in 2014. I embraced an occult belief system in which I believed I was my own God, and thought I could conform to my will. My recitations and visualization rituals did not transform reality but created delusions. I created an imaginary advisory council of current and historical figures to guide and assist me. Instead of changing Russia. I descended into insanity unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and from 2014 until my arrest, I experienced the following:

• Suffered from insomnia which gave me 3 hours of sleep a night
• Had bizarre dreams, night terrors, and hallucinations of meeting with the GRU. I even thought they were in my house and I removed the smoke detectors believing they were surveillance devices.
• Crossed moral boundaries
• Was always in a manic state of high energy
• My mind would race constantly
• Conducted trances to enter into the “subconscious universe”
• Believed I could communicate via telepathy and dreams
• Excessively used caffeine, alcohol, and sleeping medication
• Believed in signs and omens
• Was paranoid of the GRU and loved ones. I thought my wife and daughter were working for the GRU, which may explain why I didn’t pass the 2019 FBI polygraph. The FBI didn’t believe me when I told them that I had no post-2010 contacts
• Believed the souls of my aunts and uncles who perished from Stalin’s famines were living through me
• Created fantasies of past misdeeds needing atonement
• Had delusions of becoming a double agent
• As a CI professional, I was becoming that what I gazed upon and demonized myself as having affinity to Russia.

With all of this psychological and physiological torture, I simply wanted to unload these racing thoughts to pass my polygraph, without considering the legal ramifications. I made self-destructive and self-incriminating statements as a subconscious suicide attempt of a tormented soul, whose life was ruined by this de-humanizing Kremlin regime.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Re: Accused Spy Peter Rafael Dzibinski Debbins: Yet Another Catastrophic Failure of Polygraph Screening
Reply #33 - May 11th, 2021 at 6:35am
just_me_again wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 12:51am:
Does this statement by Debbins prove that his admissions during the polygraph are what led to him being caught?

No, it doesn't prove that such is the case. But it suggests it.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

New Details on the FBI's Polygraph Examination of Peter Debbins
Reply #34 - May 12th, 2021 at 12:27pm
Yesterday, Tuesday, 11 May 2021, the government filed a Response to Debbins' Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing. The government's Response includes as Exhibit A an "Unclassified Declaration of FBI Special Agent Jeffrey B. Parsons." Parsons was present for all of the FBI's interviews of Debbins, and among other things, he discusses the polygraph examination that the FBI conducted on Debbins:

Quote:
C. The Polygraph Administered by the FBI in October 2019

14. In Debbins's letter to the court dated February 2, 2021, he states that, in the period between 2014 and his arrest, he "[w]as paranoid of the GRU and loved ones." Debbins explains, "I thought my wife and daughter were working for the GRU, which may explain why I didn't pass the 2019 FBI polygraph. The FBI didn't believe me when I told them that I had no post-2010 contacts."

15. For the background of the Court, the FBI began investigating Debbins after he failed a polygraph as part of his security clearance reinvestigation in early July 2019. Between July 2019 and December 2019, the FBI interviewed Debbins on multiple occasions about his cooperation and contacts with Russian intelligence agents. During these interviews, Debbins claimed that he stopped cooperating with the Russian intelligence agents after 2010. At the FBI's request, Debbins agreed to take a polygraph examination regarding whether he had any communication with the GRU or any other branch of Russian intelligence after 2010.

16. The FBI administered the polygraph to Debbins on October 23, 2019. Before the polygraph, Debbins signed two forms—a "Consent to Interview with Polygraph" and an "Advice of Rights." During the examination, the polygrapher asked Debbins whether he had any contact with Russian intelligence or the GRU since 2011. Debbins failed the polygraph.

17. During the interview immediately following the failed polygraph, Debbins continued denying any contact with the GRU since 2011. He offered a number of explanations as to his inability to pass. However, Debbins did not mention any paranoia that his wife and daughter were working for the GRU as a possible explanation. In fact, Debbins explicitly told the FBI that his wife was not involved with the Russian intelligence service during a separate interview.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Confessed Russian Spy Peter Debbins Sentenced to 188 Months' Imprisonment
Reply #35 - May 14th, 2021 at 2:45pm
At today's sentencing hearing, Judge Claude M. Hilton sentenced Peter Debbins to 188 months (15 years and 8 months) in prison to be followed by five years of supervised release. 188 months is the low end of the 188-235 months indicated by the Sentencing Guidelines, and is less than the 17 years sought by the prosecution.

Polygraphy was not mentioned during the hearing.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Accused Spy Peter Rafael Dzibinski Debbins: Yet Another Catastrophic Failure of Polygraph Screening

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X