Normal Topic Nicholas Shawn Stark: Another Apparent Failure of Polygraph Screening (Read 4003 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Nicholas Shawn Stark: Another Apparent Failure of Polygraph Screening
Jun 15th, 2020 at 8:55am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Fontana, California Police Officer Nicholas Shawn Stark

Nicholas Shawn Stark, an officer with the Fontana Police Department, was arrested earlier this month and charged with the rape of a drugged 16-year-old girl four years ago, before Stark was hired by the department. The Fontana Police Department requires applicants to pass a polygraph "test" as a condition of hire.

Los Angeles television station KTLA reports:

Quote:
Fontana police officer on paid leave following arrest on suspicion of raping 16-year-old girl

by: Kristina Bravo
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 / 07:55 AM PDT / Updated: Jun 6, 2020 / 11:37 AM PDT      

A Fontana police officer is on paid leave after his arrest for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl four years ago, authorities said Saturday.

Nicholas Shawn Stark, a 28-year-old Fontana resident and police officer, was released on bail Friday morning following his arrest Thursday on suspicion of rape of a drugged victim, inmate records show. His bail was set at $250,000, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said.

An investigation began when a Fontana police captain became aware Tuesday of a social media post from a woman indicating that she had been sexually assaulted by a Fontana police officer, according to a statement from department Chief William Green.

The agency learned the identity of the woman, and the chief called the San Bernardino County sheriff to ask for an independent probe of the allegations, Green said.

Authorities identified Stark, a Fontana police officer, as the suspect.

The crime happened when Stark was 24 years old, before Fontana police employed him, Officer Richard Guerrero told KTLA. Guerrero did not immediately have information on his hire date.

Green said he could not immediately fire Stark due to state laws, and that the officer is on paid leave.

“He is on paid leave and that is disgusting,” the chief said. “However, I will endeavor to terminate him in the most expeditious manner possible.”

While the department’s background process for prospective officers takes about three to five months and includes a psychological evaluation and polygraph test, it “missed the mark and hired someone we should not have,” Green said.

“No attempt to justify or mitigate his predatory deviant behavior will be made,” the chief said. “He has tarnished the badge of the Fontana Police Department and our community deserves answers.”

The San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office did not immediately have information on when Stark will appear in court.

The Sheriff’s Department released his booking photo and urged any additional victims or anyone with further information to call investigators at 909-387-3615. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact the WeTip hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463). 

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Voice of Reason

Re: Nicholas Shawn Stark: Another Apparent Failure of Polygraph Screening
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 3:02pm
Perhaps we should wait until he is convicted before inserting him into the pillory?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 8:51pm
Quote:
Perhaps we should wait until he is convicted before inserting him into the pillory?

Indeed. It is for this reason that in the subject line I characterize this as an "apparent" failure of polygraph screening. I will be paying close attention to this case and will update this thread as warranted.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chad

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 5:01pm
The polygraph aids and abets murderers, traitors, spies, and rapists. Anybody working with the polygraph industry should be treated the same way as any member of a criminal organization.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 7:43am
I contacted the Fontana, California Police Department's press officer, Sergeant Kellen Guthrie, and asked about Officer Stark's current status with the department, the date on which he was hired, and who conducted his pre-employment polygraph examination. Sergeant Guthrie replied:

Quote:
I can confirm that Nicholas Stark is no longer a member of the Fontana Police Department, but I am unable to provide any further information.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 8:26am
According to the Fontana Herald News, former Fontana P.D. officer Nicholas Stark "started with the Fontana P.D. as [a trainee] in September of 2017 and then advanced to police officer on March 12 [2018] after graduating from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Academy."  He was sworn in at a city council meeting held on 10 April 2018.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Nicholas Shawn Stark: Another Apparent Failure of Polygraph Screening

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X