Normal Topic Sons polygraph experience (Read 1996 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box efos67
New User

Sons polygraph experience
Jul 25th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My son had a polygraph yesterday for a law enforcement position. he was truthful throughout but it didn't go well. First he and the examiner had about an hour chat that was very casual and the examiner was very friendly. Then  the examiner said that he had to step out and that my son should go to the bathroom or get a drink of water. When they went back into the room the examiner had him sit in a different chair which my son told me was a big chair and extremely uncomfortable. They talked about the test then went into the questions. After the first round the examiner got extremely agitated and confrontational and said something along the lines of "I've had about enough of this. Did you watch a video or read an article of beating a polygraph because I know what you're doing and you know what you're doing - what is it! Tell me right now because I know what it is and so do you!" My son had no idea what he was in for and just said, "I don't know what youre talking about, Im just answering the questions and I'm answering them honestly". Then he got the, "you're lying, you're being deceitful, you're trying to cheat and if it doesn't stop right now and if you don't tell me what you're doing I'm going to pack up and leave". The rest went very similar to what I've read in many other accounts over the last 24 hours on this site. Accusing my son of human trafficking, arson, serious crimes - none of which has my son engaged in. My son is as straight arrow as they come - doesn't even curse (he's 22 just for context). After being accused, barked at, humiliated, etc the examiner said, "lets try this another way - don't answer the questions just nod yes or no". After each answer (by nodding yes or shaking his head no) the examiner would shake his head like he was disgusted. At the end, the examiner asked "how'd it go for you". My son said that it was not at all what I expected but I think it I did well. I answered all the questions truthfully. How did it go for you? The examiner replied, not as well as I'd hoped but I'll look at the tapes to check your body language and give my report to the lieutenant. My son reiterated that he doesn't get it because he told the truth throughout and that he didn't do anything to be deceptive. The examiner said, "it's not that I don't believe you but I believe the machine". This is all nuts to me because I know my son and he's very honest. I've told my son to not go onto any polygraph websites or forums and to let me dig into what may have happened and find out if this is just a tactic used as part of the test. My question is, did he very likely fail or could he have still passed even with the interrogating and accusing and all the antics by the examiner. My son is freaking out because he doesn't yet know (test was only yesterday) and this is something he has worked extremely hard for.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Finally Passed

Re: Sons polygraph experience
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 12:45am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
From experience....my father doesn't know everything I have done. I have not done well on exams in the past but finally told everything prior to my exam expecting to get kicked out of the hiring process. But surprisingly I passed and was hired. Not saying this is the case with your son but I wish him the best of luck.

IP Logged

Sons polygraph experience

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X