Normal Topic Texas Polygraph/Therapist Failure (Read 8970 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ConcernParent
New User

Texas Polygraph/Therapist Failure
Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My son committed a Sex Offender Crime at the age of 15 and plead true. From that point he was put on a Sex Therapy Program until his 18th birthday. This requires him to visit an LSOTP Therapist on a weekly basis. ($20 a week) This therapist that he was assigned is like the worst therapist I have ever come in contact with. 

My son had a job at a local store and he tried to transfer to another store since he was having issues with management. Turns out that he needed a transfer slip so when he tried to move to the other store he didn't follow protocol so he was out of a job. The Judge in his case signed off on him to work as a bagger at the store. 

Since going to this therapist he was on a tier system which requires him to tell all his daily behaviors and problems, good and the bad. Of course they want to know about the parents in the house as well which is none of their business. 

My son took the polygraph test and answered all the question correctly but failed since his failed the unsupervised contact with a person that is 17 and up. He was upstairs with his brother (age 14) watching tv and since his brother is under the age of 17 they penalized him. So he failed the test. 

So my question is that he will be taking another test soon and I would assume that it will be the same round of questions. He will tell the truth again but the only difference is that he has not had any unsupervised contact. By answering that question will there be a concern since he just took the test two weeks prior.

Another question is his job. The therapist is denying him of getting a job since he failed the polygraph. He was on her tier 1 when he had the job but you have to be on tier 2 in order to work. Since he already had the job the therapist let him work. The court documents are stating that his Probation Office can allow him to have the job, but since he and the therapist are working together he will not sign off. Is there a way for my son to work since the judge signed off on him having a job?

Also, the PO is threatening to get a court order for me to come to parent counseling even though my wife is going already.  They seem to think we are not on board with the therapy because I have been going to the parent meetings because I have to work.  

Please if anyone has come across this type of situation or can give me any insight on what to do in this situation , it will be greatly appreciated.  

Since my son is a minor, Can I be in the room with him when he takes the polygraph test again?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Re: Texas Polygraph/Therapist Failure
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:23am
ConcernParent wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 1:51am:
My son took the polygraph test and answered all the question correctly but failed since his failed the unsupervised contact with a person that is 17 and up. He was upstairs with his brother (age 14) watching tv and since his brother is under the age of 17 they penalized him. So he failed the test. 

So my question is that he will be taking another test soon and I would assume that it will be the same round of questions. He will tell the truth again but the only difference is that he has not had any unsupervised contact. By answering that question will there be a concern since he just took the test two weeks prior.

Polygraph outcomes have little to do with whether a person has spoken the truth or not. Polygraphy is a pseudoscientific fraud, and those administering these "tests" to convicted sex offenders have a perverse financial incentive to either flunk them, or to score their polygraph charts as "inconclusive," in order to keep them coming back for more "tests" (for which the polygraph operators are paid).

See our book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for a thorough debunking of polygraphy.

Quote:
Another question is his job. The therapist is denying him of getting a job since he failed the polygraph. He was on her tier 1 when he had the job but you have to be on tier 2 in order to work. Since he already had the job the therapist let him work. The court documents are stating that his Probation Office can allow him to have the job, but since he and the therapist are working together he will not sign off. Is there a way for my son to work since the judge signed off on him having a job?

Also, the PO is threatening to get a court order for me to come to parent counseling even though my wife is going already.  They seem to think we are not on board with the therapy because I have been going to the parent meetings because I have to work.  

Please if anyone has come across this type of situation or can give me any insight on what to do in this situation , it will be greatly appreciated.

I think it would be best to consult a Texas lawyer who specializes in criminal law on these questions. It's unlikely anyone answering your questions here could provide you with advice you can rely on in court.

Quote:
Since my son is a minor, Can I be in the room with him when he takes the polygraph test again?

Thank you.

It's very unlikely the polygraph operator would allow it absent a court order. It's important to bear in mind that polygraph "testing" is actually an interrogation in disguise. It's key purpose is to pump the person being "tested" for information, using fear of the machine as leverage. Polygraph operators don't want someone else in the room who could advise the subject of the interrogation to remain silent.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 7:54pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:23am:
and those administering these "tests" to convicted sex offenders have a perverse financial incentive to either flunk them, or to score their polygraph charts as "inconclusive," in order to keep them coming back for more "tests" (for which the polygraph operators are paid).

I think I have proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the "inconclusive game" exists in Tarrant County, Texas; and I proved it with the examiners own documents, so there can be no denial.

Sadly, it is in my opinion, if it is happening there, logic dictates that it may be going on in other offices as well.  after all, if you see one roach, there are others.  It's even more unfortunate, that Texas is not only filled with roaches, there is no governmental licensing system, in regard to PCSOT, to keep them in check.  Complaining to TAPE is a waste of time too, as one of the culprits of the PROVEN inconclusive game, is the current President of The Texas Association Of Polygraph Examiner.

Sorry clayton, numbers don't lie and the numbers I can prove up came from you lawyers, during discovery.  I still don't knowhow you and your father can justify 45% inconclusive.  other than

1, what GM says is true

or

2, you guys just truly suck

I'd ask which it was, but you never answer.

Having said that, this is not indicative of all examiners.  There are good examiners in texas.  The problem is, good examiners are often ostracized, or silenced with the fear of being ostracized.  Also, leadership in Texas polygraph seems to have one huge prerequisite, you have to be in the right circle, and care more about $ than doing an honest job.   

All in all, your son is required to take a polygraph, in a specialized area, that is not, licensed, regulated, or overseen by any state agency.

In short, there is no one checking behind us in the PCSOT market on the State licensing level, and those who claim they are checking behind us, say they are, but really aren't or aren't doing very well.  I can say this for a fact.

I say this because I still come across reports that are not only violations of JOCOT and APA standards and practices, in a few cases, they VIOLATE state licensing law.   

I would like to say there are protections in place, sadly, the only time there is any teeth in this industry, is to silence whistle blowers.   

two people to call

William Haburn
http://www.paroletexas.com

or 

David O'Neil
http://www.paroletexaslawyer.com

These two guys are the best in the State in regard to these issues, and if they can't help, they can lead you into a direction of who can.   

While George and I have disagreements about polygraph in general, we both have the same mission in polygraph in regard to corruption within the industry.   

Sadly, in Texas, you are in for an uphill battle.  The money and corruption in the Texas industry goes deep, and begins at the top.  Having said that, it is better than it was pre TDLR, but not a lot better.

As long as the PCSOT industry is unregulated by the STATE OF TEXAS, I feel corruption, a lack of transparency, and accountability, will always be absent.   

There is it, THE TRUTH

If there are any examiners who have an issue, call a lawyer and take me to court.... Lets get it all out on the record.

Joe

IP Logged

Texas Polygraph/Therapist Failure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X