Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Attention: APA-Certified PCSOT Forensic Psycho-Physiologists -- Rate This PLCQ Maintenance "Test" (Read 15446 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: Attention: APA-Certified PCSOT Forensic Psycho-Physiologists -- Rate This PLCQ Maintenance "Test"
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:35am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
sorry Ark, known control=directed lie.  If you're not familiar with what a directed lie is, you are not up to date on your studies.  Anyway 

Dan, lying to therapist and probation are fair control questions.  I have a problem with the time line of the questions obviously, and I TOTALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH C5 AS A CONTROL.

Having said that, I also have a problem if the examiner included the controls on his or her report.  However it is still unclear as to if the examiner included the controls on the report.   

In regard to ATSM, the industry will argue that, "they are a toothless organization, with no enforcement capabilities."  the same way they do when I asked the industry to help me with the Unethical Behavior of TAPE, Maria Hubbard, Clayton Wood, Andy Shepherd, Richard Wood and Associates (for running shitty tests and running tests outside standards) etc etc etc.   

You don't really think there is any real enforcement in the industry at all do you?  At least not when it comes to enforcing actual issues, filed or brought up against member of their establishment.  Having said that, the industry is more than happy to look into any complaints about made up and fictional issues, dreamed up to silence a truth telling whistle blower.

Naaaaaaaaa people who break standards and bend the rules are rewarded with "fiefdoms," where they will be entitled to work, rather than..... I don't know........ EARN IT.

You know who I'm talking about.

As far as juveniles go, that is a careful line I avoid more than I avoid infidelity testing.

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: Attention: APA-Certified PCSOT Forensic Psycho-Physiologists -- Rate This PLCQ Maintenance "Test"
Reply #16 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:39am
Dan Mangan wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 1:05am:
5C. Since being at [treatment center name], have you had any deviant sexual thoughts that you haven't reported? (NO)

Just a random stab from someone who has never been to any kind of PCSOT training:

For those whose minds are very disturbed and inundated with a flood of deviant thoughts, this CQ may be meagerly effective. But for "the honest client who is responding favorably to treatment", it is quite possible that he has been completely forthcoming with any and all deviant thoughts, even keeping a log to be certain. In this scenario, the CQ is weak and at risk of being overpowered by the adjacent RQ. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:41am
Thanks Joe, I am only familiar with the term "Directed Lie", in all the documentation I've perused, I've never seen the term "Known Control". I hope you will be patient as you nursemaid me through my studies.

And by the way, none of those are Direct Lie Comparison Questions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #18 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:05am
Ex Member wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 1:39am:
Dan Mangan wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 1:05am:
5C. Since being at [treatment center name], have you had any deviant sexual thoughts that you haven't reported? (NO)

Just a random stab from someone who has never been to any kind of PCSOT training:

For those whose minds are very disturbed and inundated with a flood of deviant thoughts, this CQ may be meagerly effective. But for "the honest client who is responding favorably to treatment", it is quite possible that he has been completely forthcoming with any and all deviant thoughts, even keeping a log to be certain. In this scenario, the CQ is weak and at risk of being overpowered by the adjacent RQ. 

BINGO!

Thanks for noticing.

The ostensibly honest kid in SOTx -- who is now, BTW, a convicted FELON in "treatment" because of a sexting thing with  another high-school student who's within a few weeks of the SO's age -- could never pass his requisite polygraph "test", due to the way the "test" was constructed.

Look again at the CQs, then put yourself in the shoes of that 15-year-old kid who's doing everything he can to cooperate, but who is jammed up in the SOTx "system."

The 15-year-old kid's mother asked the DOC authorities about the accuracy of the "test".

Their reply, in essence, is this: "We will not debate or discuss the polygraph. We've been using it for over 20 years. Your son is a liar."

Clearly, the system is broken.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:13am
As far as the behavior that is covered up in this industry catching up with them...

Oh look around.  It's already happening.  Go onto google and take a look, you'll find a few stories that haven't hit here yet.   

Whats funny to me, I WARNED EVERYONE, that people were going to get smart to the PCSOT game, if they didn't knock it off.  I warned everyone years ago, and now it is happening.  The industry had 8 years to right itself, but noooooooooooooooo....

They thought that all they had to do was ignore me, and my warnings, and now the money game is catching up. People are getting smart, and examiners are running for cover when the tough questions are being asked.   

Go ahead, hit google

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:16am
I was teasing ya about the studies thing.  Sarcasm doesn't come across well in the written word.

Yes I know they were not used as DL's.  That is one of the things I am being critical about.   

BUT C5 WAS JUST crappity smackING STUPID

That examiner needs to be smacked upside the head with  a tac hammer

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:17am
And yes dan, the system is broken. but who has been ringing that bell for years?

Now the tolls

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:27am
Yet, the PCSOT gravy train keeps on highballin' down the track -- all the way to the bank.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #23 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:55am
well the train has just run into engine problems

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #24 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:57am
for the record, the program was started with good intentions, and I believe, when administered correctly, it works as it should.   

But once it became big money, good intentions went out the window

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:19am
After much resistance, stonewalling and legal wrangling, I have, through a court order, managed to get the video of the aforementioned polygraph "test". 

It's ugly.

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:21am by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box skingalvanics
New User

Reply #26 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:20pm
Ex Member wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Dan, you remind me of Billy Hayes walking the circle counter-clockwise, upsetting all the Turkish mental patients.

Well, he was ultimately able to escape Turkey via that ruse.   
I don't think that he was ever polygraphed by the Turks at least!

"When polygraphs are outlawed, only outlaws will use polygraphs"

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #27 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 12:42am
The aforementioned PCSOT Maintenance "test" that I have reviewed contains -- in my professional opinion -- multiple violations of the APA's model policy for such "testing."

Since spending some 13+ years in the polygraph "profession," my impression is that PCSOT "testing" is mainly about one thing: MONEY.

The "test" to which I refer strikes me as being emblematic of that sad condition.

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:28am by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

Attention: APA-Certified PCSOT Forensic Psycho-Physiologists -- Rate This PLCQ Maintenance "Test"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X