Normal Topic (Mis)Use of this site (Read 3786 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

(Mis)Use of this site
Jan 2nd, 2017 at 7:35pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I always find it disconcerting whenever I see this forum being (mis)used as an "advice column" for IC hopefuls.  Such individuals, who almost always login as "Guests", are seeking ways to get around their checkered backgrounds or on how to apply polygraph countermeasures in their specific cases.  As I see it, the IC and the polygraph are inextricably intertwined, and it concerns me when people come to this forum merely to advance their own personal interest in IC employment.

I don't know if there is anything that need be done about this unfortunate practice, but I do find it worthy of remarking upon.

I'm less concerned about individuals who come here because they are interested in potential employment as LEO's, because I consider LE as being far less pernicious than the IC. Undecided

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fiddle
New User

Re: (Mis)Use of this site
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:21pm
curious why you think IC is more important than LEO? Is it because the IC spies on US Citizens?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29pm
fiddle wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
curious why you think IC is more important than LEO? Is it because the IC spies on US Citizens?

No, you've missed my point completely!   I think that LE is far, far more valuable than the IC, which does nothing, has no viable purpose,  and serves as a refuge for college grads with useless majors, but who are able to luck their way through the application process and/or continue to have childish spy game fantasies, but are smart enough to not want to have to actually risk their lives (as they might in the Armed Forces).    Smiley

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fiddle
New User

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:36pm
xenonman wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29pm:
fiddle wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:21pm:

No, you've missed my point completely!   I think that LE is far, far more valuable than the IC, which does nothing, has no viable purpose,  and serves as a refuge for college grads with useless majors, but who are able to luck their way through the application process and/or continue to have childish spy game fantasies, but are smart enough to not want to have to actually risk their lives (as they might in the Armed Forces).    Smiley

ahhh. right, totally misread your statement.

IP Logged

(Mis)Use of this site

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X