Normal Topic Would this DQ me? (Read 3845 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Timmyturner
New User

Would this DQ me?
May 17th, 2016 at 2:49am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am currently 22 ears old and when I was 16 I used marijuana 4 times. I also had one prescription drug (hydro) that wasn't prescribed to me. About 2 times a month since I was 16 I have been getting drunk. Will any of these things disqualify me?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rome
User

Re: Would this DQ me?
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2016 at 1:21pm
I guess it could depend on the position you are seeking and the agency,  but...

I haven't really looked into federal agencies but on the county,  state,  and local level, I've yet to run into an agency that cares about undetected underage drinking. So you should be ok there, but I wouldn't frame it as "getting drunk twice a month". The marijuana probably won't trip you up either.  You were young and never made a habit of it. 

The prescription drugs would be your biggest obstacle.  It may or may not be a DQ. I would think twice about disclosing that. But that's me. Maybe you can email the agency anonymously and ask about the prescription drug use. 

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2016 at 4:51pm
Thanks for the feedback! Anybody else want to give some advice?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2016 at 4:15pm
Timmyturner wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Thanks for the feedback! Anybody else want to give some advice?

I would concur with the previous response - it all depends on the specific agency involved.  Also, you didn't specify whether the agency was federal, state, or local.  In the case of the CIA, NSA, or FBI, I would say "SOL"! Smiley

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2016 at 5:08pm
It would be a local police department or local sheriffs office. Will they ask questions about prescription drugs? And if they do, should I even disclose my past experience?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rome
User

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2016 at 7:53pm
They'll almost certainly ask you about your entire drug use history, including use of prescription drugs that weren't prescribed to you.

Many times, there are two standards of illegal drug use: marijuana and everything else. So the hydro use will be looked at with a discriminating eye.  How long ago was the use and what was your age at the time?  These factors may also be taken into consideration. 

Should you disclose it? It's your call. It doesn't look good,  that's for sure.  If you get the picture that it's an auto DQ, or something that will seriously damage your chances, I wouldn't disclose and I'd take my chances against the poly.  One thing that is an absolute in my book: stick to your story throughout the process.  If you don't disclose it on the application, don't change your story in the face of the pre poly process.  Typically local agencies and ones with more serious manpower issues will be more likely to overlook an issue and evaluate you as a candidate as a whole.

IP Logged

Would this DQ me?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X