Normal Topic Two different polygraph experiences (Read 4630 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box johntucker

Two different polygraph experiences
May 13th, 2016 at 7:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi
Recently, I took two polygraph tests with two different Law enforcement agencies. In the first one, I made admissions and then I wasn't qualified. 
In the second one I didn't make any admissions and I passed the polygraph, and now I'm in the background process. Since I made admissions in the first one, Would the second agency find out about those admissions and disqualify me even though I passed their polygraph with no problems and no admissions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rome
User

Re: Two different polygraph experiences
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2016 at 11:04pm
I'm a new member here and will soon write about my experience, but some of my experience overlaps with yours.   

My opinion: I am betting that your application or pre-poly booklet for the agency that you passed asked about other agencies that you've applied to.  If you put down the agency that DQ'd you, they may find out if your background investigator looks into it and contacts that agency... which my guess is that he will (I know I would if I was a BI).   

If you didn't disclose that, or they didn't ask about other agencies for some reason, you'll probably be good to go.  Unless the other agency ran your criminal record as a precautionary thing, and that check is recorded.  In which case a good BI may put two and two together and go ahead and contact that agency anyway.  It depends on your BI and how proactive he is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Johntucker

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:13am
What happens when  a good BI puts two and two together and compares both?
can they take other agencies' polygraph results into consideration and disqualify someone based on other agencies' results?

IP Logged

User

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Quote:
What happens when  a good BI puts two and two together and compares both?
can they take other agencies' polygraph results into consideration and disqualify someone based on other agencies' results?

They probably wouldn't DQ you based on another agency's results,  but it may raise a red flag which could prompt more digging.   

It's not necessarily that you failed the first poly.  It's that you made admissions in your first agency exam... then in your second,  you didn't admit to these things.  So the BI may dig,  talk to the other agency about what you admitted, and discover these discrepancies, which may be looked at as you being deceptive. If the second agency thinks you're lying to them or covering something up,  you're probably done.  You may not get an official DQ but chances of selection are slim. 

IP Logged

User

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:58pm
But I'm also thinking that it does depend on what the admissions are,  the extent of them,  and if it can be spun that they were just left off in good faith and not in an effort to be deceptive. 

You did pass the second place's poly so you have that going for you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dysFUNCTIONALvet
New User

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2016 at 5:39pm
From my experience, they do not care enough to look at BIs or polys you took from other organizations.  I passed three for other orgs and the CBP polygrapher still decided that he was right and I was lying.

IP Logged

User

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2016 at 8:08pm
dysFUNCTIONALvet wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 5:39pm:
From my experience, they do not care enough to look at BIs or polys you took from other organizations.  I passed three for other orgs and the CBP polygrapher still decided that he was right and I was lying. 

Using CBP as the example, CBP won't care what you did in the poly with another agency if you failed theirs.  CBP just believes you are lying to them.  That is all they "know" and all they are using to evaluate your situation.  They probably never even looked at other agencies you applied to.  Why would they if they think you are being deceptive?  (By the way, I'm not saying I'm necessarily agreeing with that line of thinking.)

The really interesting question posed by the OP is what happens when you move to the background phase and there are discrepancies in the pre-poly work of two different agencies.

IP Logged

Two different polygraph experiences

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X