Normal Topic How much polygraph information do agencies from different states share with each other? (Read 5657 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box g67hjiokhh

How much polygraph information do agencies from different states share with each other?
Feb 5th, 2016 at 10:45pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took a polygraph 3-4 years ago at a department on the East coast, and am going through the process with a department on the West coast. During my polygraph a few years back, I essentially ended up confessing to things that I didn't do [stupidly] thinking that it would relax me somehow/put me at ease. This polygraph was audio and video recorded. I ended up failing this poly anyways. 

This time around, I'm not mentioning the things that I confessed to at my first polygraph. What I'm wondering is, will my background investigator have access to my audio/tape recordings from my first poly? Will they have access to examiners notes? Or do they just see a pass/fail?

Thank you!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: How much polygraph information do agencies from different states share with each other?
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Quote:
During my polygraph a few years back, I essentially ended up confessing to things that I didn't do [stupidly] thinking that it would relax me somehow/put me at ease.

Yeah, right.  Confessing to something I didn't do always relaxes me too.  Your statement is what is called rationalization.  It's bullshit.  You were deceptive because you were lying and then you weren't totally forthcoming.  It doesn't matter whether the next department knows or doesn't know.  If you are not completely truthful, the results will be the same.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: How much polygraph information do agencies from different states share with each other?
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 5:58pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 2:37pm:
Yeah, right.  Confessing to something I didn't do always relaxes me too.  Your statement is what is called rationalization.  It's bullshit.

You have no way of knowing that anything g67hjiokhh posted is untrue.

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether the next department knows or doesn't know.  If you are not completely truthful, the results will be the same.

Nonsense. Polygraphy has no scientific basis, and polygraph outcomes have little relation to whether one has or has not spoken the truth.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:01pm
Quote:
What I'm wondering is, will my background investigator have access to my audio/tape recordings from my first poly? Will they have access to examiners notes? Or do they just see a pass/fail?

Probably not. Some non-federal law enforcement agencies do have information sharing agreements, but my understanding is that such arrangements tend to be regional, and not nationwide.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 7:10pm
Quote:
I essentially ended up confessing to things that I didn't do [stupidly] thinking that it would relax me somehow/put me at ease.

Honestly, absent some kind of torture, I cannot see myself doing such a thing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 9:45pm
Ex Member wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 7:10pm:
Honestly, absent some kind of torture, I cannot see myself doing such a thing.

It is torture.  Being told you're entire future rides on passing this bull shit test after being falsely accused of doing something you didn't do.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box d6f7g8yhu9jiy8giuyg

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2016 at 1:04am
@ George W. Maschke

"Probably not. Some non-federal law enforcement agencies do have information sharing agreements, but my understanding is that such arrangements tend to be regional, and not nationwide."

And this applies even if someone signs a waiver allowing them to view polygraph results?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ptrckhsu

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2016 at 1:40am
I was accused by the CIA polygraphers and adjudicators have committing major crimes and they basically continued interrogating me until I confessed to those things which I didn't do. Twisted animals.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2016 at 2:10am
Quote:
I was accused by the CIA polygraphers and adjudicators have committing major crimes and they basically continued interrogating me until I confessed to those things which I didn't do. Twisted animals.

You realized you could terminate the interrogation at any time and the CIA polygraphers and adjudicators would have no further recourse, right? Aunty has a bit of difficulty understanding how someone could be idiotic enough to make false confessions to major crimes rather than, oh, I dunno, getting up and walking out of the room.

I honestly cannot decide who to despise more, the malicious polygraphers or their witless victims.

IP Logged

How much polygraph information do agencies from different states share with each other?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X