Normal Topic Another CBP failure (Read 4354 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 0311

Another CBP failure
Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My experiences are very similar to 11x Ranger. I also have a military background hold a security clearance, etc. I was a CBP Officer that transitioned to ICE  under a two year term appointment. When the two years was up I was not converted to a permanent employee. I was under the delusion that my federal time carried over and I was not under a new appointment. Oh well...
Anyway after trying to fight it. I was told to just reapply from scratch which I did under a disabled veterans category. The reinstatement was there, I was one polygraph test away from getting my old job back. 

It was ugly experience. I could just copy and paste everyone's experience here as to what I went through. But as bad as the interrogation got, I admitted to nothing. He just kept trying to make me out to be some war criminal. He was convinced that I did something unlawful in combat and kept insisting that he had my back if I told him what I did overseas. 

I kept the actual polygraph experience brief because I need options. I can't wait three years. I need my old job back. I went to the Feds Hire Vets website and they state that I can be appointed as a disabled vet. CBP emailed me stating they do not hire under that program. 

Would writing my congressman help? How can some applicants get up to FOUR retests and I get the too bad you got cut email? I at least want another retest. Would contacting OPM help?
What can I do?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Re: Another CBP failure
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 6:56pm
You might try contacting a security clearance lawyer, of whom there are many, mostly in the DC area. Smiley Roll Eyes

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box outofwork
New User

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 4:50pm
hmmm  Huh .... seems like an issue here, i was very honest in my interview brought papers from a false rape charge that exonerated me (quite common in the army if you sleep with a female solider and they go crazy). well i've passed everything in my process, made a 97 on the test w/o the disabled vet points added, passed the PT tests, medical, everything i am extremely qualified to work the northern or southern border. seved 9yrs been to Iraq Afghanistan and Kuwait, over 350 missions out the wire on foot, mounted and in the Air fighting insurgents, capturing and transporting detainees which should relate to duties as a CBP agent. but i failed the polygraph about major criminal activities and i was trying to manipulate the test, i had a polygraph before and failed but with HARD EVIDENCE that i was no lying i was just really stressed about the subject it kicked a false reading lol. but now my dream of becoming a CBP agent is severely at risk because of this. why is something that has been proven unreliable still used an keeping very well qualified people, people that i would love to work with and we would understand each other, people who have fought an insurgent war and could effectively go toe to toe with the cartels and beat them down are kept from this job because of polygraph results. is there anything that can be done about this or am i going to be black lists from jobs that alot of people who know me the REAL me would say i would be great at, just seems like border patrol would be home after so long in the military. I dont know what else to do about it and im currently a vet out of work because i have to actual certification any one with accept. well there is my rant and i am not an English major i know there is alot of grammar problems but i tried lol

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 5:51pm
outofwork wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
i was very honest in my interview brought papers from a false rape charge that exonerated me (quite common in the army if you sleep with a female solider and they go crazy).

I just wonder if this is what did it? Even with documents that exonerate, some can take the "where there's smoke, there's fire" attitude. From what I know about the CBP, you do not have much recourse. Hang in there, a vet who wants to work is an asset to any employer. Thanks for your service.

IP Logged

Another CBP failure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X