Normal Topic Practice Tests (Read 10035 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Shane Code

Practice Tests
Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello, I just found out that I will be facing a pre-employment polygraph test very soon. In order to prepare myself I plan on giving myself practice tests by recording (audibly) questions on my phone and having them played while I sit in a chair and answer them. 
My questions are: 
What would be some good questions for me to practice with?

How much time should be in between each question? (I thought I had read in the book that the examiner asks questions 20-30 seconds apart)

How many questions should I include in my practice test (I have no clue how many questions the examiner will ask me during the test.)
Thank you!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: Practice Tests
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 1:32am
I have to ask

How do you think this will help you?

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:51am
Quote:
Hello, I just found out that I will be facing a pre-employment polygraph test very soon. In order to prepare myself I plan on giving myself practice tests by recording (audibly) questions on my phone and having them played while I sit in a chair and answer them. 
My questions are: 
What would be some good questions for me to practice with?

How much time should be in between each question? (I thought I had read in the book that the examiner asks questions 20-30 seconds apart)

How many questions should I include in my practice test (I have no clue how many questions the examiner will ask me during the test.)
Thank you!

The format is likely to be similar to that of the federal "Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test" (LEPET). You'll find examples of the questions asked in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection polygraph handbook, which you can download here:

https://antipolygraph.org/documents/cbp-polygraph-handbook-2010-01-07.pdf

For details on the deceptions on which polygraphy relies, and on strategies for mitigating the risk of a false positive outcome, see The Lie Behind the Lie Detector (especially chapters 3 & 4):

https://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-the-lie-detector.pdf

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Linda Helga

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2017 at 8:05pm
how can I take a practice polygraph test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2017 at 1:49am
Need a practice test? That's easy!

Start by calling private examiners in your area.

For a geographical reference, I recommend that you consult  http://www.polygraphplace.com/docs/c-15.html

FYI, polygraph "testing" is all about money, so be prepared to shell out some serious cash for a practice test.

If you have any questions, please email me at polygraphexam@gmail.com, or call me at 603-801-5179 from 9AM to 9PM Eastern Time in the USA.

I have the answers you are looking for.

IP Logged

Practice Tests

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X