Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic APA Members: Preserve Your Freedom of Choice -- REJECT the proposed bylaws changes! (Read 1535 times)
Dan Mangan
God Member

APA Members: Preserve Your Freedom of Choice -- REJECT the proposed bylaws changes!
Jul 20th, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Dear APA Member,

The Board of Directors of the American Polygraph Association seeks to change the organization's bylaws.

Proposed changes include a requirement that candidates for president-elect must have previously served as a director. That is like requiring candidates for the presidency of the United States to have served as a senator or congressperson.

Such a change is discriminatory, in my view, and eliminates the freedom of choice the APA electorate has enjoyed for decades.

Last week I received 28% of the votes for APA president-elect. Clearly, my message resonated with more than one in four voting members of the APA.

This new rule, if adopted, would prohibit me from running for president-elect again next year, and also quash challenges from other political "outsiders" like me.

Don't let that happen. It will lead to a very slippery slope.

Whether or not you agree with my platform is immaterial. Don't let the APA Board of Directors disenfranchise your freedom of choice. Vote to REJECT the proposed bylaws changes.

If you cannot attend the APA national seminar in Chicago, where the vote to adopt the proposed changes will occur on September 1st, let your sentiments be known to the board members.

Preserve your freedom of choice. Vote to reject the proposed bylaws changes.

Please pass the word.

Sincerely,
Dan Mangan

IP Logged

Ex Member
God Member

Re: APA Members: Preserve Your Freedom of Choice -- REJECT the proposed bylaws changes!
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Dan,
Have you ever pondered forming your own "break away" version of the APA?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo