Normal Topic 5 for 5 (Read 4107 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 8for9

5 for 5
Jul 8th, 2015 at 10:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Thanks AP.org... I've taken 5 polygraph examinations over the last two years and have employed countermeasures on all 5 due to the necessary lies I'd have to tell... passed all 5. People can argue whether the exam can be beat or not and I'm fine with that... but I've done it 5 times now.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: 5 for 5
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:17am
I don't think the intent of AP is to help you get away with "necessary lies", but rather to elucidate and address the abuses that often occur with polygraphy. Forgive me if I am wrong, but the brevity and lack of details in your post arouse some suspicion in me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 4:47am
8for9,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Arkhangelsk,

It is certainly true that AntiPolygraph.org's intent is not to help individuals get away with "necessary lies." We make information about effective polygraph countermeasures available to the public in order to give truthful persons a means of protecting themselves against the high error rate associated with an invalid procedure that is wrongly called a "test." There is no way to make that information available to truthful persons without also making it available to everyone.

I have no way of knowing whether 8for9's post is true, but it certainly seems plausible to me. The frequency of polygraph sessions indicated suggests that 8for9 is in a post conviction polygraph program. I recall the case of Jeffrey K. Warner, a convicted sex offender in Illinois who passed two polygraph "tests" after receiving training from Chad Dixon, who was targeted in Operation Lie Busters.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 8for9

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 4:20am
I realize the intent isn't to help people like me pass. I do understand that. But I posted because I see a whole lot of threads from people who say they got caught using CMs and very few from people saying they passed with them. My guess is that some of the "got caught" threads were actually written by examiners who want to enforce the idea they can catch you if you try to use them and part that people who pass generally have no reason to come back here.

My story though just for clarity - 

I'm a firefighter. Worked for four years and had a stellar career in a state that does not polygraph firefighters for hiring. My spouse wants to move to a particular state that does polygraph. Before we can move I had to get a job. These jobs are very hard to come by, especially in this particular state, so I have gone through a lot of processes that didn't pan out (hence so many polygraph exams). I finally got picked up a while back and all is back to well.

As for the necessary lies. When I was younger my brother was having a tough time quitting smoking. I wanted to help. He didn't have insurance but he had gotten a bottle of Wellbutrin/Zyban that helped for awhile. He needed more but couldn't afford non-prescription prices. So I bought them from a contact I made and sold them to him for what I paid. So there's buying and selling in one shot. Auto DQ's in departments no matter my intention.

Some will say I'm a horrible human being and shouldn't have been hired. You're free to say that and I'm ok with it. But as for me I am proof these techniques work, am happily and productively employed, and my brother is now a non-smoker. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:52am
Thank you 8for9 for the details.

IP Logged

5 for 5

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X