Normal Topic OPM leak and implications for those that have taken the polygraph (Read 7702 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ap1011
New User

OPM leak and implications for those that have taken the polygraph
Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm sure some of you may have heard about the leak that happened where all federal employees information was compromised.  What I'm wondering is if information that comes up during polygraph could have been included?  Scattered castles is a different program, but if OPM conducted any investigation regarding past polygrphy results, those results could now be in the open internet tied to your name, SS number, and address.   

I failed the polygraph years ago for a 3 letter agency, similar story to some that you see on here.  I don't want to go into specifics, but things I said were taken out of contest, twisted, and blown out of proportion.  I got a job requiring a secret clearance a few years later, but there were issues with my clearance, and OPM conducted SPIN interviews regarding things said during my polygraph.   

It's bad enough having your career ruined with this bullshit, but to have the results and personal details that came up during the lifestyle polygraph posted on the internet for anyone to look up is horrible.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: OPM leak and implications for those that have taken the polygraph
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 6:15am
ap1011 wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:02am:
I'm sure some of you may have heard about the leak that happened where all federal employees information was compromised.  What I'm wondering is if information that comes up during polygraph could have been included?

Yes, it could have. See "OPM Hack May Have Exposed Polygraph Information." 

Quote:
Scattered castles is a different program, but if OPM conducted any investigation regarding past polygrphy results, those results could now be in the open internet tied to your name, SS number, and address.  

I failed the polygraph years ago for a 3 letter agency, similar story to some that you see on here.  I don't want to go into specifics, but things I said were taken out of contest, twisted, and blown out of proportion.  I got a job requiring a secret clearance a few years later, but there were issues with my clearance, and OPM conducted SPIN interviews regarding things said during my polygraph.   

It's bad enough having your career ruined with this bullshit, but to have the results and personal details that came up during the lifestyle polygraph posted on the internet for anyone to look up is horrible.

I've seen no indication that any of the exfiltrated OPM data has been posted to the Internet for anyone to look up. Have you?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ap1011
New User

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:16pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 6:15am:

Thanks I didn't see that other thread.  

Quote:

I've seen no indication that any of the exfiltrated OPM data has been posted to the Internet for anyone to look up. Have you?

I've heard rumors that I could be on the darknet (onions).  I haven't looked around for it as I avoid going into any of those gray areas of the internet.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:27pm
ap1011 wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:16pm:
I've heard rumors that I could be on the darknet (onions).  I haven't looked around for it as I avoid going into any of those gray areas of the internet.

I've seen no reporting that any of the OPM data is available on any Tor hidden service.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 6:10pm
If actual identities of intelligence community "employees" have in fact been now compromised (by the Chinese or whoever), then I'd consider that a very positive development indeed! 

That's the only way in which outrages like "extraordinary rendition" will ever be stopped.  Certainly neither Congress, nor the President, nor the courts will ever act to stop the practice!

Smiley

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box phrend
New User

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 7:19pm
The stolen information will likely never be found on the Net or even
darknet. The likely culprits are China's intelligence and security
services. They're probably storing this info more competently than OPM.

IMHO, the counterintel value of the stolen SF-86's dwarfs the value
of info from poly admissions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:05pm
xenonman wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 6:10pm:
That's the only way in which outrages like "extraordinary rendition" will ever be stopped.  Certainly neither Congress, nor the President, nor the courts will ever act to stop the practice!

Xenonman -  What is "Extraordinary Rendition"?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 5:40pm
If actual identities of intelligence community "employees" have in fact been now compromised (by the Chinese or whoever), then I'd consider that a very positive development indeed!

I have a question for anyone that can answer.  Are there any statistics involving executive level officials, in any civilian or military agency, who lost a clearance or job due to failing a polygraph?  I am wondering if statistical data would show adverse personnel actions due to polygraph ending at GS-15 level ?  I know the new reality is that SES/Flag rank personnel are now royalty and everyone beneath them are commoners, but would statistical data support that as well ?

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:48am
Wandersmann wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:05pm:

Xenonman -  What is "Extraordinary Rendition"?

The  practice of the kidnapping and/or abduction of individuals (often completely innocent persons) who are then flown in secrecy to clandestine locations in third countries (believed to be Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Poland and Romania, among others) to be subjected to torture to a degree not permitted by US law.  Not surprisingly, the "fearless warriors" of the CIA are the principal personnel involved in the odious process. Sad
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2015 at 2:56pm by xenonman »  

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:51am
Wandersmann wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 5:40pm:

I have a question for anyone that can answer.  Are there any statistics involving executive level officials, in any civilian or military agency, who lost a clearance or job due to failing a polygraph?  I am wondering if statistical data would show adverse personnel actions due to polygraph ending at GS-15 level ?  I know the new reality is that SES/Flag rank personnel are now royalty and everyone beneath them are commoners, but would statistical data support that as well ?

Well I know one fact for certain: Neither the DCI nor the DDCI are required to undergo the polygraph agony! Shocked

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:55am
I doubt very much that the Chinese security services would ever want to post that type of information on the Internet!
I'm sure that they'd much more likely want to keep it secret for their own uses. Wink

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:58am
I read recently that the Agency pulled numerous employees from its Beijing station recently, because of fear of what the Chinese hackers may have learned.
Wink

YouTube  
IP Logged

OPM leak and implications for those that have taken the polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X