Normal Topic I think I failed but not sure (Read 2299 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Slick Willie
New User

I think I failed but not sure
Apr 13th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recently went through a background investigation and took a polygraph test for my local PD. I have a general discharge(under honorable conditions) and withheld this information from my application. I planned on lying about this when asked during the polygraph. During the test, I was asked if I lied about any of my employment history, drug use, being around drugs, if I was lying about any of the questions, and a few other questions. The only lie I told was concerning my past employment. If anything, I thought that the test would show deception regarding it. I was wrong. To my surprise, after 3 rounds of 8 questions, the polygraphist told me that I had a "strong reaction" when asked about drugs. I have never done drugs, been around drugs, even marijuana. I was raised as a single child and both of my brothers(who were raised by my mother) have done drugs, mostly marijuana. He asked what I was thinking during those questions and I told him that I didn't have much time to think about anything, only time to answer. I told him that if anything, just the mention of drugs makes me think of my brothers. He asked more about my brothers drug use and tried to get me to falsely admit that I was around them when they used drugs, or that I was hiding the fact that my wife did drugs, or that I may have been in a vehicle with people doing drugs and it wasn't my fault, that I could admit to it. I thought it was funny and maybe even smiled a little when I denied all of these accusations. He told me to write a few sentences at the end of my packet regarding my brothers, and said he would forward it to HR. Does anyone consider this a pass, or that they would call me back for a second test, or a fail. Any advice or input would be appreciated, but I don't want to hear any "You should have done ......" or "You should have told him......" What happened has happened. Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box forgetthebollocks
New User

Re: I think I failed but not sure
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was accused of illegal activity during my work hours. I laughed, in my head, and was "you must be crazy" but I didn't say that. I explained when the administer told me I had a reaction when presented with question of illegal activity be it selling drugs, or weapons, of the sort. And  I explained that "I wasn't thinking of anything and answered no". But he/she was very positive that "the machine does not lie". She didn't accuse me of deception but was very sure I was guilty of it, even tested me 3 times with the same question all while berating me and lecturing me on being honest and how life is a foundation of integrity and blah blah blah. I think my mistake, if at all, was that  I explained that as she was asking the question and telling me how I am lying that I was trying to figure out why it was supposedly "reacting" to me, and how when I was in high school I carted shady friends around and to come to think of it now, that most likely they were dealing or selling drugs under my nose but I was too young and naïve to even know. But then she explained it was 20 years ago and that she was "talking about now".  7 hours of interrogation and at the end she said she would forward to AI or quality control. So yeah, it could be a no go or yay.

IP Logged

I think I failed but not sure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X