Normal Topic Why are they even used? (Read 2100 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RasberryDonut
New User

Why are they even used?
Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Years ago back in the 90's I took a polygraph to prove m innocence in a series of thefts I was involved in. I was involved and I was young and very stupid then. I didn't know the laws regarding it then, I had no attorney or anything.  I took the test and was just as shocked as the poly test giver when he informed me that I passed. I lied through my teeth. I have no idea what I did to pass it. Other than blind luck. So if a know nothing little thief can pass while lying, and they arent even admissable, then why are they even used?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box forgetthebollocks
New User

Re: Why are they even used?
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Man, good point and I think this is what's been the controversy over it for just that. I did the poly last year in August.  I didn't pass and was accused of "illegal activity at my work place".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: Why are they even used?
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 2:08pm
"Why are they even used?"  Good question since they are such a joke.  Here is a link to a recent show on the Discovery Channel MAN VS EXPERT.  It shows exactly how to beat a "lie detector" test...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEVidxWRVV6LwA0o0nnIlQ;_ylu=X3o...

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Why are they even used?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X