Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy (Read 64258 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Re: Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy
Reply #60 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:34am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
quickfix wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:38pm:
To suggest we enjoy "ruining" someone's career is utter nonsense

Lots of Ad Hominem attacks to my post, but no real comprehension or substantive refuting of anything I said.  Whether you enjoy "ruining" a person's career or not is irrelevant.  I might be mistaken, but haven't you joked about ruining people in the past on this forum Quickfix ?   I had the impression you enjoyed it.  Whether you enjoy it or not, I'm glad you tacitly admitted you are, in fact, ruining people.  Thank you.  I rest my case.   

Pailryder, regarding your Ad Hominem response,  I'm glad you think Orwellian torture is funny.   Do you think that someone losing their livelihood and having a nervous breakdown due to the polygraph is not Orwellian torture ?  Do you know what the term Orwellian torture means ?   I'll tell you where I came up with the Dachau statement.  It just popped into my head when you said polygraph examiners were "good" people.  I recall reading a speech that Heinrich Himmler once gave when he said, and I paraphrase after translation , something to the effect of, "it is impressive that we can do such terrible things and still remain such good people."   

I don't need to join my friend on the delivery truck and my 8 times on the polygraph over a 20 year period (obviously I must have passed) are behind me.  I have several friends, however, who are going through hell and I feel for them.  My motivation for continuing an interest in this topic involves following my oath of office and duty to my country.  I am also proud of my service and my agency and believe that the current polygraph abuse is a stain on the honor of our sacred law enforcement and military institutions.  I don't blame polygraph examiners as much as I blame our poor leadership for allowing the polygraph to be a panacea of truth.  I know a Vietnam Silver Star recipient who became a polygraph examiner and then quit when he realized that he was hurting innocent people.  He had honor.  He would have continued as a polygraph examiner if he was allowed to just use it as a tool.   

Lastly, to those of you in the polygraph community who are laughing at me, as Quickfix suggests, I would be happy to share notes about the difference between a complicated month/year long investigation conducted in accordance with due process and culminating in a trial versus a several hour interview followed by an "interpretation" of a biological reading with final innocence or guilt determined by a kangaroo court staffed by members of the same "private club".

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #61 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 5:05am
pailryder wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 12:45pm:
Over paid screw ups, thugs, frauds, mother stabbing whores and cheats.  You are not the first to name call and I normally I would not be baited into a reply to such posts.  But the comparison to a Nazi death camp?

Pailryder, I will apologize for my over-animated description of polygraphers.  I know several polygraphers who easily fit the  description I gave.  In fact calling them screw ups, thugs, frauds, mother stabbing whores and cheats would be sugar-coating it, but I don't mean to paint everyone with the same brush.  I reacted because you were painting polygraphers with the same brush in a different color and what you described is not even close to what I experienced.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #62 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Did December go and run away?  Wow, they are resorting to the ole hit and run tactic.  A tactic embraced by frauds, shysters, drunks, and carnies.

Typical of Holden and his crew, send in the clowns and then run when the going gets tough.  It's their go to.

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #63 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:12pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:34am:
I recall reading a speech that Heinrich Himmler once gave when he said, and I paraphrase after translation , something to the effect of, "it is impressive that we can do such terrible things and still remain such good people." 

Wandersmann, in my personal opinion, this is a most profound observation that strikes at the dark underbelly of the polygraph indu$try.

But for many stalwart polygraph apologists, the end justifies the means.

It's no wonder that my proposed bill of rights for polygraph test-takers has been roundly condemned by indu$try beneficiaries.

At least the American Polygraph Association has a growing number of progressive realists within its rank-and-file membership who do not fear the concept of legitimate informed consent. Sadly, none of the APA's elected officers -- not a single one, as far as I know -- supports a bill of rights for test subjects.

If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will chime in very soon to correct me, given that this forum is by far the one most monitored by polygraph professionals.

[cue crickets]

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:58pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #64 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:36pm
It's one thing to claim to be a good person, it's another thing to BE a good person.   

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #65 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:26pm
hey Rick

Are you having fun yet?

Cool

Loses some effect when you're not yelling it in person right?

Joe

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #66 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Joe McCarthy wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:26pm:
Are you having fun yet?

Joe -

Let's lighten it up a bit.  Do you prefer Smithwicks or Guiness ?

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #67 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:11pm
sorry man, it's just that I am the kinda person that when I fight, either I am all in or I am not.  I am so sick of clowns like December, and the only way to silence them is to beat them into the ground with their own shit.

You're right though, need to rest between rounds.

Frankly, I wish I didn't have to do this at all.  Things were so quiet between 2009 and last year.  

Ya know, if a few of them would do what you just did and talk to me, a lot of this fight would not be necessary   

I firmly believe a lot of this can be worked out over a few beers and honest conversation.  It almost worked once in October of last year.  A couple people talked and the war was almost over forever.   

Amazing what can happen when ALL sides sit down and be reasonable.   

Of course they will deny it and I hope they do.  I love catching them in lies
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:57pm by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #68 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 12:52am
Joe, why don't you just get this gal that is giving you hard time and give her some of that old Irish charm? Get her into the polygraph suite, turn on the activity sensors and do her to a tender turn.. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #69 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 1:44am
Ark, if I may interject...

I dare say that none -- and I repeat, NONE -- of Joe McCarthy's TAPE detractors would ever submit to the dreaded liebox -- the very same instrument they cling to so adamantly as being so highly accurate.

Why the resistance?

That's a good question.

Either the liebox is bogus, or Joe's detractors are....well, you get the drift.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #70 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 3:51am
Dan Mangan wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 1:44am:
Ark, if I may interject...

I dare say that none -- and I repeat, NONE -- of Joe McCarthy's TAPE detractors would ever submit to the dreaded liebox -- the very same instrument they cling to so adamantly as being so highly accurate.

Why the resistance?

That's a good question.

Either the liebox is bogus, or Joe's detractors are....well, you get the drift.

Personally, I think it is both possibilities.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #71 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 4:42am
All I can say ARK, before charm can work, we have to assume the people I am using the charm on is a lady.  If it is one of the two people I suspect, while they may be female, a lady they are not.

Joe

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #72 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Joe McCarthy wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:11pm:
sorry man, it's just that I am the kinda person that when I fight, either I am all in or I am not.

Joe -  I understand completely.  But back to the question -  Smithwicks or Guinness.  I'd like an Irishman's opinion.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #73 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 9:20pm
18 year old Jameson and Guinness   

Anything less is uncivilized

Joe

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #74 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 3:06am
Joe McCarthy wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 9:20pm:
18 year old Jameson and Guinness 

Thank you -  Sounds good to me.  I normally like single malt, but a good 18-year old blend distilled in cork sounds good.  I've already got the Guinness, next time I'm at the liquor store I'll get the Jameson.   

Shláinte

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X