Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy (Read 64262 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joe mccarthy

Re: Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy
Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 3:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Having a good night being an irishman: smiling, telling jokes, and singing "come out ye black and tans"   

So I'll address this in the morn

Sláinte

Hope all is having a wonderful Saturday night

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 4:03pm
The APA, polygraph manufacturers, most polygraph examiners, and corrupt bureaucrats and politicians are abusing their authority to make careers/money off of "the box" and their greed explains the abuse.  They are people with absolutely no conscience.

Wandersmann

I am, and have always been, a private polygraph examiner, and I agree that no ones employment should be determined by any single test, but I have known and worked with many on the government side of the profession, and I have never found this to be true.  For the US companies that make and market polygraph products domestic sales are a very small fraction of their total profit picture.

Think about who they are.  The government examiners were already well entrenched in their positions with a good federal retirement long before they were trained on polygraph.  They have no financial incentive to create unnecessary work for themselves.  Their check will always be the same, not based on or tied to their production numbers.   If polygraphs vanished tomorrow, they would continue to be employed at the same agency at the same pay grade with the same retirement.   

As a whole they may not be the most politically correct or sensitive bunch, but they are good people who strive to do the best they can within their agencies framework and do not get their jollies from reporting failing results.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2015 at 4:43pm by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan S
Senior User

Reply #47 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 5:34pm
pailryder:

Please investigate the case of the two (former) federal polygraphers from the IC.  Their names are Mark Phillips and Chuck Hinshaw.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/special-reports/article24732610.html

Quote:
"The office began pushing its polygraphers to extract as many confessions as possible. Every four months, supervisors showed them their confession rates. The agency also posted each polygrapher’s numbers internally for everyone to see. It praised polygraphers who had high rates or coaxed out especially shocking confessions."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #48 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:45pm
december, we are anxiously awaiting your promised response to my SWAG comment from last Friday.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #49 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:57pm
I am eagerly waiting to see if she will be honorable and identify herself.  Is she willing to stand by her words?  Is the company she works for willing to stand by her words?  Or are they still "adopting" a policy of handing out bags of crap?  

From what I understand, there are lots of bags of crap.

What are they so afraid of if I am wrong and they are right?  Why would someone hide if they are defending their honor; why not stand proudly and stand up to the bully you insist I am?

You see, they have a habit of doing this even in the lawsuit.  I suspect that December may be the person from Behavioral Measures that engaged, or tried to engage in exparte communications with the judge from the lawsuit in 2008.  She has a history of being willing to carry the Behavioral Measures big bag of Holden crap, and then fall on the sword.

This is the Behavioral Measures MO.  They send out their employees to do their dirty work, bags of crap in hand to fling whatever poo they can.  Then if they get caught like lieguytoo and Ms. Farra Flunky, they fall on the sword and say, "Holden and Parker knew nothing, we acted on our own."  Here is the thing, they work for Behavioral Measures and therefor anything they do while working for BM ultimately makes the company responsible too.  Do you not manage your employees Rick?  How does Parker and Holden not know what is going on in their own office? 

Well I know Parker had to have known about the exparte communications; because that same day, a letter was sent to the Bar with an identical package of information which contained his signature.  Documentation also contained fax headers that identified BM.  The information sent to Judge Evans had the fax readers removed by white out and copy, or so it appeared.

Oh what got BM and their flunky got caught?  Ms. Farah Flunkie got caught because when she put postage of the package sent to the judge, she used the BM postal meter which attached identifying information that led right back to their office.  Just lie lieguytoo's IP addresses traced back to the Offices of Behavioral Measures as well.  Wow, these people are "wicked smaht"

See everyone, these people have no credibility or honor.  They would rather let a woman go out and do their dirty work and then let a woman fall on the sword for them.  In my opinion, they are no better than Al Qaeda when they filled locations with women and children to prevent a location from being bombed.  That is what filthy people like BM and Al Qaeda do, they use women to do their bidding so when they get caught, they can blame it all on them and watch them fall on the sword.  Chivalry is clearly dead in the offices of BM.  They send Hubbard and Ms. Flunky to do their dirty work because neither are man enough to look me in the eye and take me on man to man.  

Cowards

Another thing I don't understand; if I am such a horrible examiner, and I don't affect their bottom line, why I wonder are they trying so hard to push me out?  If I was so horrible, would not the market have done this already?  

Moreover, I give examples as to why a polygraph company sucks, and can back it up with pure hardcore numbers and facts.  45% of the time, Woods and Associates couldn't tell is someone was telling the truth or not.  This lands to one of two conclusions.

1, They are incompetent polygraph examiners and need to go back to school or be removed from the market.  I mean come on, would you go to a doctor that 45% of the time couldn't tell you what was wrong?

or

2, Their inconclusives were intentional because inconclusive means retest, and retest means another fee, and another fee means more money.  During that period that figure added up to be over $50,000.00.  Of course they said they retested everyone at no charge.  Come on, who leaves 50K on the table?  Maybe they are incompetent; either in business or polygraph.

If Wood was telling the truth on his discovery, there is no third option.  Or did he somehow lie on his discovery and it backfired?  Only he knows the truth, and he is too scared of me to tell the truth.  So which is it Richard, are you incompetent or are you a thief.  It's not an accusation, it is a reasonable question.

Because either you and your company can't tell if someone is telling the truth or a lie almost 50% of the time; or, you were double dipping tests for fees.  Sorry, there is no way I believe that you did over 50K of free work; no reasonable person would.

Hey, I know how to get the answer, maybe the IRS should look into it.

One thing I do know, is Wood, Holden, et al got away with everything. So, who is to say I didn't go back to business as usual?  Maybe the incompetence or test double dipping is still going on.  I guess we will never know.  While no one can deny that this happened, no one will ever release their numbers willingly or even have some sort of inside industry independent audit to make sure this kinda unethical behavior is still ongoing.  people within the industry don't seem very disgusted that this was happening in Texas back in 2008 and took no measures to investigate or assure this never happened again.  I say this because TAPE was aware of these numbers of Wood's as well; because they had the same attorney.

So TAPE knew that Wood and Associates had an incredibly high inconclusive rate that should have raised red flags.  One can only conclude that the 45% inconclusive rate was because of incompetence or an intentional act of double dipping to increase profit margin.   

TAPE did nothing after discovering these numbers and did nothing when I pointed out the implications of these numbers.  One can only conclude that TAPE didn't care because maybe this might be common practice or because people in Wood and Associates are soooooooooo very important in the industry, it was simply overlooked. Because protection of the industry trumps protection of the polygraph consumer and the general welfare of the children of the State of Texas.  Make me so proud that these are Texas' golden boys and "vigilant" protectors.  Da da da daaaaaaaa!

Maybe that is what all this boils down to; all these big bad Texans are scared of one Masshole yankee trying to right the wrongs of the incompetent or charlatans that want to sell the people of the State of Texas snake oil disguised at a way to protect children from child predators.  Bless their hearts.

LMAO
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:34pm by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #50 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:42pm
If I am so insignificant Deni......I mean "December," why not ignore me totally until the market has it's way with me?  Because the truth always rises to the top.  

It all comes down to credibility.

Everything I say, I can prove.  Much of what they say they can't.  

The Texas examiners will also play this game of making me give honest answers to their questions while avoiding giving me honest answers to mine or playing stupid.

Now it's time for them to start answering questions.  My money is, they will pull what Rios and St. John pulled by avoiding any clear answer through ambiguity, double talk and outright lies
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2015 at 2:18am by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #51 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 8:49pm
Also, given that Rick seems to have a problem with possible sexual impropriety; 

https://antipolygraph.org/documents/holden-sexual-harassment.shtml

And then there is the fact that he is, last I checked, currently restrained form having intimate or dating relations with Maria Hubbard in the presence of her children, attached, COURT STAMPED documentation provided.

With these appearances of sexual impropriety, how does the APA reconcile that Mr. Holden is teaching a Sexual issue polygraph class of any kind when these issues are hanging out there?  The man clearly has a history of being, at minimum, accused of sexual impropriety and issues that would normally raise red flags.  In one case it is restrained from being around children.  

Again, I am basing this off the court documentation attached
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2015 at 2:17am by Joe McCarthy »  

_hubbard_tro_001.pdf ( 2342 KB | Downloads )

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #52 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 8:50pm
"Are we having fun yet"

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #53 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 5:09am
pailryder wrote on Jul 19th, 2015 at 4:03pm:
Think about who they are.  The government examiners were already well entrenched in their positions with a good federal retirement long before they were trained on polygraph.  They have no financial incentive to create unnecessary work for themselves.  Their check will always be the same, not based on or tied to their production numbers.   If polygraphs vanished tomorrow, they would continue to be employed at the same agency at the same pay grade with the same retirement.   

As a whole they may not be the most politically correct or sensitive bunch, but they are good people who strive to do the best they can within their agencies framework and do not get their jollies from reporting failing results.

Pailryder -  I disagree completely with your above statement.  I was a Federal investigator for 26 years and most of the polygraphers I knew were screw ups who couldn't solve a case and were generally disliked by their colleagues.  There were, of course, exceptions.  With the polygraph these "screw-ups"  found a niche where they could attain "success" without having to prove anything, unlike the good investigators I was privileged to work with.  You insinuated that polygraph examiners work harder than real investigators.  I think that even most of the polygraph examiners that follow this site are laughing at that statement. Also, I can tell you first hand that many retired investigators are having a hard time in this day and age with post-retirement employment, necessary for many to supplement their pensions, send kids to college, etc.  I know of a highly successful special agent who retired and ended up driving a delivery truck to make ends meet.  Polygraph examiners, on the other hand, can cash in after they retire with lucrative, I've heard of $140,000.00 a year, private polygraph jobs.  When you say they are "good" people who strive to do their best and don't enjoy negative reports, I want to vomit.  That's not what I saw or experienced.  Most of those I've dealt with are whores who would stab their own mother in the back to keep their cash cow.  How could anyone with a soul or a conscience take part in ruining a human being and that human's innocent family solely by the reading of a physiological chart and absent ANY other negative information ?  It may be sanctioned today by our government, but Dachau was also sanctioned by a "civilized" government 70 years ago.  Time for some common sense and common decency to kick in.   

I post anonymously on this site because both I and my family have suffered enough already because of this stupid machine. I know that there are more than a few thugs in the polygraph industry that would resort to less than honorable methods of retaliation against me if they could.  That is another reason why I know the polygraph is a joke and a fraud.  If someone accused fingerprint technology to be a joke and a fraud, fingerprint examiners would not be a bit concerned because they know the entire scientific community would laugh the accuser into obscurity.  When someone attacks the polygraph industry, however, the scientific and medical community are in agreement with the accuser and the polygraph industry can only exist by attacking its enemies, spreading false propaganda and greasing the palms of politicians.  I've read that this government is throwing $150,000,000.00 to the polygraph cartel every year.  I can't confirm that but perhaps Dr. Maschke or someone more qualified on that topic could respond.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #54 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 12:45pm
Wandersmann

Over paid screw ups, thugs, frauds, mother stabbing whores and cheats.  You are not the first to name call and I normally I would not be baited into a reply to such posts.  But the comparison to a Nazi death camp? 

By the way, you forgot insidious Orwellian instrument of torture.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #55 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 2:57pm
It is not the instrument as much as it is some people within the industry Wander.

Many of us are good men/women just trying to do the right thing.  Sadly, there are assclowns in the industry just as there are in any.

I will agree with the statement that there are some overpaid thugs, screw up, and more than a few frauds in this business; most of whom seem to be concentrated in Texas.  Fact is, there are a few within Texas and a lot outside of Texas I would have been happy to sit in their chair and trust my career to with a test.

Really it is just like any industry, you have people that love and believe in what they do; they are proud of their work; lastly they treat people in the level and part having treated people on the square.  There are good people.   

Then there are people who are charlatans. People like this are nothing more than snake oil salesmen.  They are petrified of their own work and the product they sell.  They lie and cheat to keep their market, not because they earn it every day, but because they feel entitled to it because they once earned it.  These people believe that success is based on entitlement, not on earning continued success through fair play, honor, and honesty.   

We all know the people I am talking about on this.   

As far as people being anonymous here.  I believe that it is ok to be anonymous here until any attack becomes specifically directed.  I think people should be confronted for the things they say, including myself.  But that confrontation must be fair, don't say something about someone unless you put your name on it.   

For instance, a lot was said in PP that I can't attach to a name.  I think these people are cowards and without honor.  They talk big so long as they are hidden behind a keyboard.  I feel the same for some individuals here.

So far as I am concerned, when someone makes personal attacks against individuals here or anywhere, without attaching their name to the attack, these people should not be taken seriously and should be treated like dog shit on the bottom of ones shoe.  A person like this is only worthy of being scraped away with a stick and then discarded.

But if the attack is general and nonspecific, anonymity is perfectly appropriate.   

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #56 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 3:08pm
Hey Dan, it seems like December is not willing to play fair and therefore not willing to play at all.

The more things change the more they stay the same.  These people want me to answer questions and explain myself; but when the rubber meets the road, they run and hide when it comes to them answering a few on the record and identified.   

Yea, these people are the ethical people who deserve to be in the polygraph industry.   

You know what they are probably going to do, they will probably slither off and try to make complaints within the industry so they can get a kangaroo court and still remain anonymous and their actions not scrutinized by outsiders.   

That seems to be their MO

Furthermore, they are upset I came back here.  I can prove that I time after time did exactly why people on PP said I should have done in a private message board, just to be marginalized.  So much for what people like pailryder said on PP.   

I guess PP was all talk

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #57 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:38pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 5:09am:
I think that even most of the polygraph examiners that follow this site are laughing at that statement.

The only one who is being laughed at by the polygraph community is YOU.  What ridiculous blather from an ex-fed who is obviously jealous of the salaries earned by federal examiners, or previously failed his own polygraph with his agency.  BTW, many of us already earn well into six-figures as federal employees.  We don't need to "cash in".  The federal government pays us a special salary rate beyond the normal GS schedule because of what we do.  To suggest we enjoy "ruining" someone's career is utter nonsense.  But since you are now retired, you are safe now.  Maybe you can call your buddy and get hired on that delivery truck.

pailryder wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 12:45pm:
By the way, you forgot insidious Orwellian instrument of torture.

pailryder:  no plagiarizing from Doug Williams!

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #58 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:52pm
quickfix wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:38pm:
pailryder:  no plagiarizing from Doug Williams!

ok that made me laugh

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #59 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 1:36am
quickfix wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:38pm:
BTW, many of us already earn well into six-figures as federal employees.

Not bad for 320 hours of barber school.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X