Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy (Read 64242 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box St.Paul

Re: Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy
Reply #15 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 3:48am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was totally shocked when Joe made the test challenge and they didn't jump at that.  I also thought he was a moron for stepping up like that.   

I guess he knew what he was doing.

I just don't get it.  All these people and they all seem to claim they are the best.  Yet they are all scared of the test and it seems scared of him.   

All this effort they put into trying to discredit and get Joe drummed out, I just don't get it.  He is just one guy. Why the big threat?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #16 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 12:47pm
St. Paul,

Why is Joe such a big threat, you ask?

Watch the videos Joe has made available. He maps out the whole thing.

Joe's polygraph challenge was a gutsy move, but the refusal of his detractors to resolve things that way is what really speaks volumes. 

Daniel Mangan, M.A.
Full Member, American Polygraph Association
Certified PCSOT Examiner
www.polygraphman.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box St. Paul

Reply #17 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Joe has been directly ordered and petrified into silence.  It makes me want to vomit when I see what these people have turned him into.  He’s not the same guy I grew up with that is for sure.   

His life was threatened in 2008 and nothing was done after they found out who that was.  His life was again threatened in a room filled with other lie detector people and the person that threatened him was not disciplined or reprimanded. In fact, it almost seems like they are protecting the person who threatened him.

Joe is scared to death to tell the truth now. Who can fault him for it, every time he puts the truth out there they discipline him for it and when they go through the discipline process he’s either denied a voice totally or he’s silenced when he asks that their own rules be followed in their own process.  Hell the people in texas continue to cover up what they did and how they still deny and back up disgusting and racist emails that was sent to him by a member of the texas board of whatever they are.  One of these guys who’s covering it all up is some sort of state trooper or something like that.  What shocks me the most is the current president of whatever board is down here is also a cop from what I understand.  If this is what cops do with accusations of racism in texas by covering it up, I’d be very worried.  Because who’s to say they aren’t doing it in other cases?

He’s at the point where he feels decisions have already been made that he will be drummed out no matter what he does.   

They turned a man of conviction into a man who is afraid of his own convictions.

He feels he has no voice and no protection under the rules these people have set down.  That even if someone violates those rules, making a complaint will only end in Joe being disciplined and shamed into silence for asking that they be held to those rules.  He’s even afraid of giving me all the details even though he seems dying to talk about it.   

They have totally isolated him and he has expressed that telling the truth or fighting in any way will give these people the chance to hold another kangaroo court where whats right or wrong means nothing. It is mob rule and the people on the top of the pyramid that will ignore or change the rules so they can justify making him guilty of telling the truth. He’s totally lost all faith and expectation in the fair application of rule and law within.   

They may have silenced him and stripped him of his free speech but these people have no power over me.  Maybe in the process, Joe will find his balls and reattach them.  Maybe then he’ll stop letting these people walk all over him.

In the meantime, I will be looking over all the documents and recordings he sent me and will disseminate them at my will and discretion.

Joe always gave people a chance to come to a peace before he put anything out there..... They will get no such quarter from me.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 8:58pm
Here's an interesting question.

Are these people more upset that Joe blew all this open, or are they more upset that it's the truth?

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 4:20am
Yup, a lot of people were not happy about those videos and even Joe goes back and fourth about them.  I think when he was making those it was the first time he felt like he was able to truly stand up for himself.   

From what I understand, there was and is a great deal of angst about them.  It almost seems like they expect him to be the nice guy and take them down like a good whipped dog and take advantage of the kindness by giving nothing in return for the favor.  It's almost like he should be thankful for the privilege of taking down the truth and getting pissed on in return.  The saddest part is if Joe though for a second it meant acceptance, he would drink that cup of hemlock like it was poured by Richie's Slush.   

A lot of interesting facts have come to light from those videos that he's just sitting on because he's scared to death if he uses it to exonerate him he'll be punished for it.  This may change soon the way he's being treated though.  These people are bound to push the wrong button sooner or later. It's only a matter of time given.  Eventually they will push the wrong button and he will be back on track.  It's almost like they can't help themselves.

I was just looking over some of the discovery from his lawsuit.  You should see a couple letters about hos many tests were done by each polygraph company in that county.  The numbers were insane and extremely one sided.  Then I did the math on the results and saw the "inconclusive" rates.  How do they get away with that?  The bigger question is, if the other guys knew that business was mainly going in one direction rather than being spread out fairly would they be pissed if they saw these numbers?

Honestly I had a hard time with it until I saw the documents on the opposing sides letterhead.  I shit you not. Joe kept every shred of documentation.  He made copies of everything for safe keeping.  Just in case anything ever happened to him someone has the truth kinda thing.   

You know what I mean.  I am sure he sent some of this to you.  He's mentioned you a few times.

The emails and texts between Maria and Joe really made me sick though.  Watching her be a friend to him while all along she was a rat.  You know how we feel about rats a tiny bit "south" of you.  Knowing that she was a rat and Joe sat on this stuff for as long as he did, I am impressed and disappointed at the same time.  Back in the day, he never would have tolerated that kind of betrayal.  Like I said, I hardly recognize the person I once knew.   

Back to the videos.  I know he put some on unlisted or private so no one can see them unless he gives access.  Others he just left up because he figured he was already in trouble for them so with some encouragement he kept them up.  I do think I have the ones he took down on a thumb drive though. I need to look.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:51am
Wow, how Joe had this stuff and never used it against people is beyond me.  He must be getting soft in his old age.

Anywho

I think I found the exact time this got very personal to Joe.  Of course he can correct me if I am wrong.  I don't know the players in this clip.  Maybe when Joe is ready he'll clue us into some names.   

What I am curious about is the guy that called him a baby, does he still have knee caps?  There is no way he let that slide.   

One thing is clear, the taunting started from the beginning. I also hear two times where Joe offered solutions to these people to stop their lawyers fees.   

When going back to the posts of this time, you can see where Joe makes the first polygraph challenge.  When he says this "whole thing can be solved in two hours" he is clearly restating the challenge to their faces.  Funny how no one jumped at that chance.  Room full of polygraph examiners and not a one brave enough to test him?  Seriously?

The second time is when he said recognition of some list, and the whole thing would stop.   

Two totally free options and one goat banging hick outright says, not going to happen.   

At what point to these people start taking responsibility for their decisions?

And that guy putting him on the spot like that.  I am honestly shocked that didn't end with Joe laying him out.  He must really like that guy or someone was there holding his chain.  WOW I can totally see why the whole family was told to stay out of it.  Wow

Thinking someone needs a trip home to reconnect with his roots and send him back to TCB.   

This video has just pissed me off.  Watching him take their shit was uncomfortable.  The way he was before he left Boston, these people should be counting their blessings.  Wow

But this is just the tip of the iceberg.  The guy in front appears in another video talking about something that even made me uncomfortable.  Need to talk to Joe before I put that one up.  Seriously, it's awkward.  Then there was a birth day surprise for one of them.  Need to talk to Joe about that one too.  What I can say is she must have been from the noon shift and she had to have been seriously stoned and a face that would scatter a leper colony.  Looks like a different place though so it must have been a different convention.

Anyway, if he gives the go ahead, you'll see those soon.

APR_26_2008_10_21PM_01_Title_01.mp4 ( 29543 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:34pm
This is a trailer/teaser for a documentary film that is being produced about my book FROM COP TO CRUSADER: THE STORY OF MY FIGHT AGAINST THE DANGEROUS MYTH OF "LIE DETECTION"

https://vimeo.com/121756877

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box december
New User

Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:24pm
Embarrassed HuhQuote:
Wow, how Joe had this stuff and never used it against people is beyond me.

I don't know this guy personally, but I don't understand his rhetoric.  He never really says what he is upset about other than someone sent him a private message that was derogatory and potentially threatening.  He's the one who publicly posted it.  Obviously, it was from a hideous person (in my opinion) but why post it?  What would it accomplish if the Association made a public statement about a private message that was sent to Joe even if the person who apparently sent it was on the Board of Directors of the Association?  I also understand that this person fled the country when he was fired and an embezzlement investigation was started.  Why would the Association want to have anything to do with that person as well?  I don't believe he is even a member anymore.  If Joe was so upset about it, why didn’t he file a Grievance with the Association instead of just demand that they do something?  He doesn’t seem to understand how to follow procedures.

I am not a polygraph examiner and I was not a party in the lawsuit, but I've followed the lawsuit and I didn't understand why he brought all of the polygraph examiners into a lawsuit.  And isn't that barratry for his wife, who was an owner of the polygraph company with Joe, to file a lawsuit (litigation for the purpose of harassment or profit).  Since she is now disbarred due to the multiple grievances filed against her, I guess she wasn't really a very good lawyer (in my opinion).  She also had a felony theft case filed against her.  It is public record, you can look it up.  To be fair, it was dismissed after she made restitution and served a deferred adjudication probation.  Now if I was Joe, I would have left that last sentence off.

Obviously I haven't seen the paperwork that Joe sent to you, but you have only heard one side of the story.  I know that the Association that he sued probably doesn't want him to be a part of their organization -- who could blame them?  I know that the polygraph examiners and therapists that he sued don't want to have anything to do with him – who could blame them?  He had “free legal” and they had to pay out the nose for attorneys to represent them.  From what I understand many of the polygraph examiners he sued didn’t even know who he was before the lawsuit was filed.  Even though he would have you believe that everyone knew exactly who he was and they were afraid of his polygraph prowess (in my opinion).

Anyone who has a business understands that there are many hard hours put in and no one hands you work, you have to earn it.  At the time he filed the lawsuit, he had been an examiner for just a few years.  Many of the examiners he sued had ten times as much experience as he had, not to mention experience as police officers, etc.  Ask him what he expected to get out of the lawsuit?  He really never has said what he expected to gain by filing a lawsuit against a bunch of therapists and polygraph examiners.  No doubt they were very angry at him and filed countersuits for harassment.  I’d be a little bit angry too if someone filed a lawsuit on me out of the blue.  I think most people would probably agree with me (in my opinion).  I noted one place where he blamed his attorney for not filing timely paperwork and said she wasn’t a very good lawyer.  Of course, remember that this same attorney was his wife and a co-owner of the business.   

As far as the numbers and percentages he likes to quote from 2008, that’s old news, and who really cares?  I’m not saying that sex offenders or anyone else required to take a polygraph doesn’t deserve a fair shake.  They most certainly do.  But who appointed Joe as the spokesman for them?  If they don’t feel like they got a fair shake, then maybe they should file a lawsuit – Oh, yeah, they don’t all have “free legal” do they?  

What about his current attorney wife?  Oh yeah, did he mention that he is divorced from the 2008 attorney and is married to another one?  I’m sure someone will provide him with a link to this post and he will start spouting all sorts of nonsense, which I certainly won’t respond to because what purpose would it serve for me to respond?  I haven’t said anything that isn’t the truth, right?  You can check my facts.  I assure you that I have fact checked everything I’ve written.

IN MY OPINION, Joe probably doesn’t really have what it takes to be a good polygraph examiner and that’s why he doesn’t have a lot of business.  That’s why he likes to get on this site and make all sorts of wild accusations that he claims to have evidence of, but never really lays out what his grievance is exactly, except one person sent him derogatory and threatening private messages and the association that he sued doesn’t want him to come to any of their meetings or seminars – because sex offenders might just believe what he spouts and call him up for a polygraph.  That is unless I have missed something ...

And this business about everyone taking polygraphs -- that's just ridiculous!  Polygraph examiners taking polygraphs?  Really, and what are they supposed to take polygraph about?  He never really says, does he?  You can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you believe what you are saying, then you would pass a polygraph right?  What if I truly believed I was abducted by aliens, could I pass a polygraph on that?  Well, I have no doubt that Joe believes what he is saying, even if I don't understand what it is he's trying to say.  Does anyone not believe that a hideous person sent him a derogatory and threatening email?  Nope, I believe that.  Does anyone not believe that an association that he sued doesn't want him to be a part of the association or get any benefit from the association?  Nope, I believe that too.  Does anyone believe that the polygraph examiners and therapists he sued don't like him?  Nope, I believe that too.  So what exactly would he take a polygraph over that would cause him to give up his license if he failed?    And what exactly would he expect the polygraph examiners that he has challenged to take a polygraph over that they might fail?  I don't see how a polygraph examination would benefit anyone in this scenario, so why would anyone in their right mind take him seriously?
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2015 at 2:54am by december »  

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #23 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 12:09am
december, we're morbidly curious... Have you been hired -- in one fashion or another -- to help do a little damage control for the good ol' boy Texas PCSOT bidness?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #24 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 2:36am
Nope.  Just an observer.  I will not post on a string where Joe has posted.  St Paul was kind enough to post on this string.   I have no desire to debate someone who so clearly has no clue (in my opinion).  I don't believe there was one word in my post defending the Texans.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #25 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 12:44pm
december, one would not have to vocally defend the Texans to aid them.

Merely tossing a red herring here and there could be of significant aid to the embattled Lone Star crew.

That goes double if said herrings are designed to impugn one's character or proficiency.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #26 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 3:39pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Jul 15th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
december, one would not have to vocally defend the Texans to aid them.

Merely tossing a red herring here and there could be of significant aid to the embattled Lone Star crew.

That goes double if said herrings are designed to impugn one's character or proficiency.

Mr. Mangan --

I am a researcher and writer.  I researched each and every one of my statements.  They were not written to impugn anyone's character -- unlike the numerous posts by Joe.  So I can only assume that you were referring to his impugning rather than mine.  If you (or anyone of you) have the knowledge and ability, you could easily find the corroboration for them.   

I am "morbidly curious" as well as to what made you think that posting on an ANTIpolygraph website would aid in your election as an officer of an association whose purpose is "providing a valid and reliable means to verify the truth and establish the highest standards of moral, ethical, and professional conduct in the polygraph field" and which includes among its goals -- "Encouraging and supporting research, training and education to benefit members of the Association as well as those who support its purpose and by providing a forum for the presentation and exchange of information derived from such research, training and education."   

I assure you that there were no red herrings in my post.  It contained either verifiable fact or my opinion.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #27 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 6:36pm
december wrote on Jul 15th, 2015 at 3:39pm:

I am "morbidly curious" as well as to what made you think that posting on an ANTIpolygraph website would aid in your election as an officer of [APA]

Because, december, in all of polygraph, www.antipolygraph.org is where the real action is.

Nothing else in cyberspace even comes close.

Ask any examiner who takes pride in his tradecraft. 

In any event, my exposure on A-P paid off.

The numbers don't lie.

My 28% share of all ballots cast for president-elect of the American Polygraph Association is real -- and it's a real headache for the APA.

In just one full election cycle, I nearly doubled the percentage of my supporters.

Last year I received 15% of the votes for president-elect; this year my support jumped to 28%.

Next year, I predict the APA electorate's support for me will be around 40%, maybe higher.

In 2017, it's gonna be a real horse race -- if I'm permitted to run, that is.

Clearly, there's a widening schism within the APA.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #28 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 7:17pm
Well good luck to you.  I'm not a polygraph examiner nor obviously a member of APA.  I've been watching this site since 2008 and I don't have the same perception of it as apparently you and 28% of voting APA members.  I've said my piece and will probably go silent for another seven years or so unless something causes me to feel the need to comment further.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #29 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 8:16pm
Before you go on another lengthy hiatus, december, I'd like your comments on something...

I ran for president-elect of the American Polygraph Association on this simple three-point platform:

1. A bill of rights for polygraph test subjects, designed to  elevate informed consent to a higher level and help prevent victimization from false results

2. An ongoing countermeasure challenge series, integral to APA seminars, designed to better reveal polygraph's real-world accuracy and expose the troubling variations in examiner competence

3. Equality for all APA members regarding their participation in APA politics (as office seekers), and access to educational materials presented at APA events

What, if anything, do you find objectionable about my election platform?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Daily Beast Article on Polygraphy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X