Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread (Read 134227 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread
Nov 14th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I regret to report that Doug Williams has been indicted. The U.S. Department of Justice announced the news this afternoon:

Quote:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/owner-polygraph-indicted-allegedly-training-custom...

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, November 14, 2014

Owner of 'Polygraph.com' Indicted for Allegedly Training Customers to Lie During Federally Administered Polygraph Examinations

A former Oklahoma City law enforcement officer and owner of “Polygraph.com” has been indicted on obstruction of justice and mail fraud charges for allegedly training customers to lie and conceal crimes during polygraph examinations. 

Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Acting Assistant Commissioner Mark Morgan of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and Special Agent in Charge James E. Finch of the FBI’s Oklahoma City Field Office made the announcement.

Douglas Williams, 69, of Norman, Oklahoma, was charged in a five-count indictment in the Western District of Oklahoma with mail fraud and obstruction.  According to allegations in the indictment, Williams, the owner and operator of “Polygraph.com,” marketed his training services to people appearing for polygraph examinations before federal law enforcement agencies, federal intelligence agencies, and state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as people required to take polygraph examinations under the terms of their parole or probation.

The indictment further alleges that Williams trained an individual posing as a federal law enforcement officer to lie and conceal involvement in criminal activity from an internal agency investigation.  Williams is also alleged to have trained a second individual posing as an applicant seeking federal employment to lie and conceal crimes in a pre-employment polygraph examination.  Williams, who was paid for both training sessions, is alleged to have instructed the individuals to deny having received his polygraph training. 

The charges contained in an indictment are merely accusations, and a defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

The investigation is being investigated by U.S. Custom and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and the FBI’s Oklahoma City Field Office.  The case is being prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Mark Angehr and Brian K. Kidd of the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Section. 

14-1272

I believe this case has serious First Amendment implications. A silver lining to this dark cloud is that it cannot help but to bring much-needed scrutiny to polygraph policy.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 7:57am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: Doug Williams of Polygraph.com Indicted
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 10:30pm
I have a feeling this is not going to be a Chad Dixon-like slam dunk. The trial should bring many things to light. My guess is Doug will win.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 10:48pm
What wonderful news.  A conviction and some serious prison time would be even better news!

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 10:55pm
The indictment of Doug Williams is a de facto admission by the U.S. government that polygraph countermeasures work.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 10:59pm
As Doug would say:  BULLSHIT.  It's a de facto statement that what he does is a crime, just like Chad Dixon committed the same crime!

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:03pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 10:48pm:
A conviction and some serious prison time would be even better news! 

That is the key word "conviction"--it hasn't happened yet, and my guess is it won't. There will be more than Doug Williams on trial this time--it will be interesting indeed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The Watcher

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:04pm
What a shame.  I have a feeling that George Maschke is next.  Once the case gets prepared, the feds will flag George with TSA and just wait until George's next return to the U.S., then arrest him as soon as he arrives at some U.S. airport.
Sad

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:09pm
Quote:
What a shame.  I have a feeling that George Maschke is next.  Once the case gets prepared, the feds will flag George with TSA and just wait until George's next return to the U.S., then arrest him as soon as he arrives at some U.S. airport.
Sad

My next return to the U.S. is a week from today, on Friday 21 November at 5:13 EST, when I'll be landing at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:09pm
Ex Member wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:03pm:

That is the key word "conviction"--it hasn't happened yet, and my guess is it won't. There will be more than Doug Williams on trial this time--it will be interesting indeed.

Wasn't it you who said the same thing about Chad Dixon?  Or was it George?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:11pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Quote:
Sad

My next return to the U.S. is a week from today, on Friday 21 November at 5:13 EST, when I'll be landing at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

We'll be waiting for you!

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:13pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Wasn't it you who said the same thing about Chad Dixon?Or was it George? 

Dixon made a plea deal. I think he would have won had he went to trial.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:13pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Ex Member wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:03pm:

Wasn't it you who said the same thing about Chad Dixon?  Or was it George?

quickfix,

You'll recall that Chad Dixon didn't stand trial. He entered a plea agreement with prosecutors. It's interesting that proceedings against Doug Williams are going forward in Oklahoma rather than the Eastern District of Virginia, which was the venue for proceedings in the Dixon case.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:14pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:11pm:
We'll be waiting for you! 

So you are now on the record for making threats against George.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:17pm
Quote:
Once the case gets prepared, the feds will flag George with TSA and just wait until George's next return to the U.S., then arrest him as soon as he arrives at some U.S. airport.

Your gloating may be premature. The outcome of Doug's conviction and punishment may be your desire, but you should ponder the flip side: a full public hearing on polygraphy and its abuses and an acquittal followed up by malicious prosecution lawsuits. As I said, it will be interesting.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:18pm
No threats, just want to be there to greet him!  And Chad Dixon copped a plea because he knew he was going to be convicted and wanted a shorter sentence.  I'm not sure what your point is, Oklahoma or Virginia, it was still a federal case.

We'll try to arrange your cell to be next to Doug's.

IP Logged

Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X