Normal Topic Automatically DQ? (Read 4249 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Automatically DQ?
Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I plan on beginning the whole process of becoming a police officer at a later date and  was wondering if I would be either DQ'ed or have a very hard time of being accepted due to the fact that at one time I had to sell marijuna for a short time so that my family members and I would be able to have gas money/food on the table. I couldn't get a normal job because at the time I had a life threatening condition that literally did not allow me too. I was receiving government assistance, it still was not enough though as no one else in my family was working and assistance was pretty much maxed out.

I certainly am not gonna go in to take the polygraph and lie about this but I wanted to know if I stand a chance to get hired?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Automatically DQ?
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:17pm
Unless you sold marijuana in Colorado or Washington state since its recent legalization, then your having sold marijuana will almost certainly disqualify you from being hired by any law enforcement agency in the country.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 1:09am
There's also no way around lying about it either correct?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RetCopInGA
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 8:40pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:17pm:
Unless you sold marijuana in Colorado or Washington state since its recent legalization, then your having sold marijuana will almost certainly disqualify you from being hired by any law enforcement agency in the country.

I can't speak for other agencies at all, but at mine and most of the ones I know in GA, **Any** history of drug sales, no matter how aged it may be, would be an automatic DQ.

IP Logged

Automatically DQ?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X