Normal Topic How I passed my polygraph! (Read 15940 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SloopJohnB
New User

How I passed my polygraph!
Dec 12th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
50 mg of Lopressor and 1 mg of Xanax to cool the nerves and allow ME to be in control of how I felt, not them.  I read "The Lie Behind the Lie Detector" so I knew what to expect.  When I went in there they tried the same old shenanigans to try to get me worked up about the polygraph.  I acted like I was new to it all and I pretended to eat it all up like "gee golly, it can do all that?"  I almost felt bad for the investigator because I knew how full of crap they were but they were really trying to get me to believe them.  I tightened my butthole during the control questions and said "no" during the the relevant ones.   

They even tried some other tricks like saying their readings were off and they needed me to do one thing or another.  The investigator said I needed to let my body do what it was doing naturally and quit trying to "beat the test".  Of course I didn't believe that the squiggles on the sheet led them to believe that, but it was a ruse to make me even more nervous.  I just acted like I was so scared I'd fail and I was doing the best I could.  "I'm sorry!  This means so much to me, I'm trying!  I really am!"  In my mind, "a hyuck-hyuck-hyuck!"   Roll Eyes 

They must have been frustrated or thought I was an unshakeable stone-cold bad ass because my heart beat didn't change tempo one bit, and it took everything I had not to smirk.

The only thing I really needed to lie on was the drug usage.  I did just about everything under the sun once just to experiment, and I smoked weed casually on the weekends for about 3 years, all over ten years ago.  Whoopty crappity smacking doo.  I'm in better shape than every other applicant that was there, regularly go to the gun range and participate in shooting competitions and have a solid work ethic and 135 IQ.  I think I'll make a fine LEO, as all that bullshit is behind me.  I understand the police department does what it can to limit its exposure to shitty applicants, so they try to accept only the cream of the crop, but it's still some goddam bullshit that I'd be DQ'd for that.

Thanks, antipolygraph.org!

Laughing_Horse.jpg ( 5 KB | Downloads )
Laughing_Horse.jpg

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: How I passed my polygraph!
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brian

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 1:46pm
You’re so full of crap! Nothing will help you pass. How about just telling the truth!!!

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 3:03pm
Quote:
You’re so full of crap! Nothing will help you pass.

Why do you believe that is so?

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brian R

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:56pm
Drugs such as xanax, ritalin, etc, will not trick the machine.  During the pre test process, the examiner will notice skewed results and can determine whether or not the polygraph can be accurately given while you are on the drugs. Most cases where drugs are used illegally in a manner to BEAT the test, results came back inconclusive, and the examinerest may recommend a drug test be given before you are tested again! So you do not PASS OR FAIL. So you are just a deceptive person. 
Deceptive -tending or having power to cause someone to accept as true or valid what is false and invalid  watch Steve Wilkes even a dumbass can figure it out!

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:52am
Could you point me to any articles or book chapters in the polygraph literature that explain precisely how a polygraph operator can determine from the polygraph charts that an examinee has taken 50 mg of Lopressor and 1 mg of Xanax (or some similar medication)?

Also, how do you know that in “Most cases where drugs are used illegally in a manner to BEAT the test, results came back inconclusive?” What is your evidence for that?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Could you point out to me any articles or book chapters from the anti lit that explains precisely how such drugs defeat the examiners determination?

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 4:36am
pailryder wrote on Aug 8th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
Could you point out to me any articles or book chapters from the anti lit that explains precisely how such drugs defeat the examiners determination?

No. It is for this reason that we don't address pharmaceutical countermeasures in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

How I passed my polygraph!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X