Normal Topic MCClatchy Polygraph Story (Read 4042 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gravel

MCClatchy Polygraph Story
Dec 7th, 2013 at 1:13am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Any news on the story about the polygraph story that MCClatchy's Marisa Taylor broke last month? Did Senator Coburn's office request a hearing about it? I remember he spoke about it during some kind of senate hearing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: MCClatchy Polygraph Story
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Quote:
Any news on the story about the polygraph story that MCClatchy's Marisa Taylor broke last month? Did Senator Coburn's office request a hearing about it? I remember he spoke about it during some kind of senate hearing.

Sen. Coburn is my senator, and as soon as I saw that article about what he said, I sent him this:

http://www.polygraph.com/index.php?i-don-t-teach-countermeasures

I also pointed out that the feds waste over 150 million dollars annually on "lie detector" testing and since he has a reputation for fighting waste and fraud in the government that the polygraph program exemplifies that waste and fraud more than any other.  I also pointed out that 65% of all applicants are called liars so there is also a terrible waste of human resources.  I reminded him that the American Medical Association has always maintained that the polygraph was not reliable as a "lie detector"
and that he as a trained physician knows that the "fight or flight response" is not indicative of deception, that the polygraph is based on faulty scientific evidence and that it is nothing but a fraud. I also offered to testify if he would hold hearings on this waste fraud and abuse...  etc etc etc.

I followed up with a phone call and talked at length to one of his staff people - I'm still waiting for a response.....  chirp, chirp, chirp........

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gravel

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 1:00am
Thank you for reaching out to the Senator's staff, Mr. Williams. Hopefully they will ask you to brief them or testify at a hearing.

I didn't know he is a doctor. I am impressed with everything I hear about Sen. Coburn. He is one of the best men we have in the Congress.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2013 at 6:34pm
If I recall, Senator Coburn's beef was more concerned with the blanket sharing of personal data than with polygraphy.

IP Logged

MCClatchy Polygraph Story

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X