Normal Topic CM use question (Read 2331 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box boxedout

CM use question
Aug 16th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
For those whom have successfully used CM, did you do the CM on every question, or just specific classes of question (e.g. CM on all relevant, and not sacrifice relevant/irrelevant/control)?

I was thinking to avoid being accused of CM, that it would be important to employ the CM consistently across all questions.  Mental CM is what I am thinking, probably adding up Fibonacci sequence in my head, starting before they ask the question, focusing on the numbers in my head, and just waiting for them to stop talking to say No.   

Any recommendations/feedback?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Re: CM use question
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 3:20am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
You have irrelevant questions (i.e. 'are the lights on in the room?'). Forget those.  You have control questions (i.e. 'have you ever told a serious lie?).  Those are the ones you want to increase your physiological response.  Shit, anything will do.  I gave a light gasp and flexed my anus on those.

The point is you're SUPPOSED to lie on those.  They give you some bullshit spiel about how they need someone with integrity and if you ask for clarification (because EVERYONE feels like they told a serious lie, but what constitues a lie serious enough to disqualify you from being a cop?) they intimidate you into saying no.  I pretended to let my examiner do this.  I bantered back and forth for a bit, then acted worried and said "no, I've never told a serious lie". "Just yes or no, okay?" "O... Okay..." It convinces them they have you under their thumb when really you're sitting there laughing internally at how duped they are.

Anyway, you can recognize the control questions because they're vague and loaded and the examiner places the emphasis on integrity if you ask for clarification.  Just work on internally speeding up your heart rate and hit the response on those questions and you'll do fine.  If you're worried about your own nervous reaction when asked a relevant question then work on that other stuff like counting or whatever.  Just be confident in your skills.  You can only tell on yourself.

IP Logged

CM use question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X