Normal Topic My polygraph (Read 4914 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chimmychong

My polygraph
Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:58pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello all, I just wanted to let you all know that I have my polygraph the other week. The examiner said results could not be shared, but he also stated that he "did not see anything that he was concerned about." So I think I can feel safe in assuming I passed. I read TBTLD numerous times and thought of hundreds of possible scenarios. I will be more than happy to share my experience, and answer any questions you all may have. It wasn't long ago I was in your shoes worrying about this piece of s***test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: My polygraph
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 2:33am
Can you remember the exact wording and order of the questions?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 12:03pm
Well, the order was switched up. No baseline was established and he ran 3 different charts. The first two questions were is your name chimmychong and do you intend to lie. After that it switched up. But here are the questions I can remember...
1. is your name _____
2. do you intend to lie during this examination
3. have you lied on the background packet
4. other than what you have told me have you ever stolen anything since the age of 16
5. have you ever used illegal drugs
6. have you ever sold illegal drugs
7. have you ever possessed illegal drugs in order to sell them
8. have you lied during this examination
Most of the questions can be found on George's post about the LAPD questions. They were all very similar to that

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 2:45am
Interesting, seems like only one control question. The relevant questions were almost exclusively dedicated to drugs. I hope everything goes well for you, I get a feeling you are a decent person. goodluck.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Thanks Ark. Yeah most of the questions were dedicated to drugs. There were 18 questions total on the actual test itself. I had all the tubes, blood pressure cuffs, and the GSR detectors, but also the electronic pad that is supposedly able to catch the anal contraction CM. The examiner was pretty cool and helped calm me down a lot. If I can give anyone some advice it would be this...... treat it like an interview!!! If at all possible try and connect with the examiner on a personal level. This will ease the tension in the room and possibly put you in the examiner's good books from the start. I never employed cm's due to him sitting and staring directly at me. I just stared at the wall, thought about different crap like the drive home or the gym, and kept my breathing as consistent as possible.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 2:21am
Quote:
If at all possible try and connect with the examiner on a personal level. This will ease the tension in the room and possibly put you in the examiner's good books from the start.

I would have to caution you on this one. Polygraph operators are NOT your friend. They will adjust their personality and attitude as required to get admissions--they are actors and charlatans. Also, the polygraph operator watching you has no bearing on the efficacy of countermeasures; properly executed, they are NOT detectable in anyway.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 1:24pm
Yeah, I kept that in mind the whole time and just played the game. They would try and set me up and I just let them think I was pouring my heart and soul out but the entire time I was calling them out in my mind. I wasn't comfortable trying to use CM's without any proper training. Doing them by myself in a mirror and doing them while actually being tested are two different things.

IP Logged

My polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X