Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Failed Polygraph but Appealing. Any Advice? (Read 31709 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Re: Failed Polygraph but Appealing. Any Advice?
Reply #30 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Arkhangelsk

Ex Member wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 2:44am:
There is no such provable connection between reaction and deception

Some people know there is a connection because they actually feel the change in their body when they lie.  Be honest, have you never felt that?  Polygraph is an interview and interrogation technique, one person questioning another.  I respect scientific research and try to modify and align my techniques with other social sciences, but every real world polygraph is unique, an interaction between two specific individuals and as such is not repeatable, so I agree with your assertion that what I do is not hard science.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #31 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:19pm
pailryder wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:31pm:
Arkhangelsk

Ex Member wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 2:44am:
There is no such provable connection between reaction and deception

I agree with your assertion that what I do is not hard science.

Pailryder:  You have finally said something that almost resembles a factual, truthful statement.  I said almost, because you are not quite there yet.  You are right when you say that what you do is not "hard science", (any of the natural or physical sciences, in which hypotheses are rigorously tested through observation and experimentation).  It is not even soft science, (a science, such as sociology or anthropology, that deals with humans as its principle subject matter, and is therefore not generally considered to be based on rigorous experimentation).  It is, as I have always said, pseudoscience, (a theory, methodology, or practice that is considered to be without scientific foundation - that pretends to be science). 
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2013 at 6:04pm by Doug Williams »  

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:22pm
pailryder wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:31pm:
Some people know there is a connection because they actually feel the change in their body when they lie.Be honest, have you never felt that? 

Our bodies are full chemicals making us feel all kinds of ways. I would feel a change in my body by being asked any kind of personal question where I feel threatened or have much at stake; extrapolating it to deception without a firm scientific theory is foolish and can hurt many people in many ways.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:29pm
pailryder wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:56am:
As a private examiner, the client or his attorney requests and pays for my services.I have no incentive to accuse or coerce anyone.

If you simply hook them up to the instrument, ask a standard set of questions, let the computer score the charts with no post test interrogation, then that would be an innocuous side show. It's a different story when someone is facing a revocation hearing, or if someone's career is on the line.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:05am
Ex Member wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:29pm:
pailryder wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:56am:
As a private examiner, the client or his attorney requests and pays for my services.I have no incentive to accuse or coerce anyone.

If you simply hook them up to the instrument, ask a standard set of questions, let the computer score the charts with no post test interrogation, then that would be an innocuous side show. It's a different story when someone is facing a revocation hearing, or if someone's career is on the line.

Polygraph operators are out of control - they don't answer to anyone, and they don't give a damn about the millions of people who are traumatized, and whose lives are ruined by their arbitrary and capricious actions.  It is tantamount to criminal negligence on the part of our government to allow this so-called "lie detector" testing to continue!  The EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT should be extended to PROTECT EVERYONE from the practitioners of this insidious Orwellian instrument of torture!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #35 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm
I'm so glad that Williams doesn't coerce or accuse anyone.

Unfortunately, his slick responses can do very little to conceal the reality that not everyone has the luxury of choosing whether or not to be polygraphed.

I also wonder where he obtained his polygraph "training". Angry

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #36 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:59pm
The B/I can foul up one's application for work just as badly as the polygraph.  Perhaps even worse....
All it takes is for the investigators to latch onto even one asshole who's willing to make negative remarks about the applicant. Angry

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:01pm
xenonman wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm:

Unfortunately, his slick responses can do very little to conceal the reality that not everyone has the luxury of choosing whether or not to be polygraphed.

I think you are confused about me.  Please let me inform you about who I am and what I do - go to my website  www.polygraph.com

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sully
New User

Reply #38 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:09pm
xenonman wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:59pm:
The B/I can foul up one's application for work just as badly as the polygraph.  Perhaps even worse....
All it takes is for the investigators to latch onto even one asshole who's willing to make negative remarks about the applicant. Angry

well let me tell you, 3 polygraphers from the same area ruined an applicants life and to better his future, b/c you examiners are so aloof and one sided...when you grow older, believe me, it will one day come to you, through the bad karma you've thrown on others, just how corrupt your inaccurate little machine and you are, "actually thinking you can catch people in lies."  And one day, you will realize all the harm you've done to others...and you get paid to do this, you receive training and think your an expert at catching people in lies....tell me something, where is your little crystal ball hidden?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #39 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:19pm
Sully wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:09pm:
where is your little crystal ball hidden?

maybe it's up your ass.  Try searching around up there.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #40 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 3:44pm
quickfix wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:19pm:
Sully wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:09pm:
where is your little crystal ball hidden?

maybe it's up your ass.  Try searching around up there.

Proves my point

IP Logged

New User

Reply #41 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 3:53pm
examiners have to defend what they do to others, in their own mind, with insults, to justify their jobs...it is unfortunate that they ruin so many careers and lives...think about it, if they would outlaw polygraphs, which they should, examiners would be out of a job, and they do make some big bucks.  Can you imagine hurting a life, for money?  Wouldn't it be great, if they would have to follow all those people around they failed and see what good human beings they were...who is the lier, really?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #42 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Sully wrote on Jan 8th, 2014 at 3:53pm:
examiners have to defend what they do to others, in their own mind, with insults, to justify their jobs...it is unfortunate that they ruin so many careers and lives...think about it, if they would outlaw polygraphs, which they should, examiners would be out of a job, and they do make some big bucks.  Can you imagine hurting a life, for money?  Wouldn't it be great, if they would have to follow all those people around they failed and see what good human beings they were...who is the lier, really?

There are millions of people who have been falsely branded as liars, simply because they had a nervous reaction when they answered a question.  They have had their lives ruined because they believed the lie that the polygraph was reliable and accurate as a "lie detector", and that the polygrapher was an honorable professional who would treat them fairly.  They found out the hard way that the polygrapher was just an interrogator - that the polygraph was just a prop he used to frighten and intimidate them.  And worse yet, that the polygrapher could accuse them of lying without any evidence to prove that accusation and they could not challenge or appeal his decision!  That's not fair, it is not the way things should be done in this country, but that's the way it is!  It is past time to put a stop to this BULLSHIT!    Angry

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 8:09pm
We've ruined lives?  Oh, that's terrible;  they're all unemployed, homeless, hungry, jumping off buildings!  Hurting a life?  like a Mafia hitman? I better go to confession tonight so I can be forgiven!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mike

Reply #44 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Doug Williams wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:01pm:
xenonman wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm:

I think you are confused about me.  Please let me inform you about who I am and what I do - go to my website  www.polygraph.com

How do you APPEAL a polygraph. what do you include. I just failed mine. I do not agree with results.  Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Failed Polygraph but Appealing. Any Advice?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X