Normal Topic Polygraph for the CIA, can I beat it? (Read 6180 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JohnDoezy
New User

Polygraph for the CIA, can I beat it?
Dec 15th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey guys I'll be honest and say that I don't have the best past, but nothing criminal either. I'll explain in further detail. Im going to provide my background and then ask for your judgement that with these details that only I know, can I somehow get past the CIA polygraph test.

I made mistakes in my life, and I really want to make a difference and I speak a deisred langauge very fluently, our enemies use this language often.

I have never been arrested, never been convicted of a felony, a misdemeanor etc. 

However I smoked Marijuana once a week for one whole year, as a junior in college which was over 4 years ago. 

I also helped my friend grow a plant inside a computer case back then and I sold a small amount to a friend because I had given up smoking by then and didnt want to flush it. 

I did visit a prostitute once, at a friends bachlor party.

I can probably admit smoking MJ on my SF86 if I apply but not the prostitute or the plant thing. Thats instant no-no and I know it.

So should I even attempt to keep that off the record and hope the polygraph operator is unable to break me down and get me to reveal this part of my past.

I feel like Id be such an asset to the CIA, but understand rules are rules but still in that light do wonder if its possible to get through with these stains

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: Polygraph for the CIA, can I beat it?
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 2:46pm
You want to cheat your way through the hiring process because you think you would be an asset?  You are precisely the reason why the intelligence community conducts preemployment screening:  to weed out the undesirables/unqualifieds like yourself, who lack the moral fiber to be completely candid during the hiring process.  You should re-evaluate your integrity and ask yourself if you would hire someone who wants to do what you want to do to get the job?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 7:39am
My advice in this situation would be to not bother to waste time with the CIA vetting process.
Believe me, it ain't worth it! Angry

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm
quickfix wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 2:46pm:
You want to cheat your way through the hiring process because you think you would be an asset?  You are precisely the reason why the intelligence community conducts preemployment screening:  to weed out the undesirables/unqualifieds like yourself, who lack the moral fiber to be completely candid during the hiring process.  You should re-evaluate your integrity and ask yourself if you would hire someone who wants to do what you want to do to get the job?

How did such "desirable" people like Ed Lee Howard, Aldrich Ames, and so many others of "high moral fibre" manage to get through the much-vaunted CIA vetting process? Roll Eyes

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Polygraph for the CIA, can I beat it?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X