Normal Topic CIA Family Background Check worries, please advise (Read 10022 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JohnDoezy
New User

CIA Family Background Check worries, please advise
Dec 15th, 2012 at 9:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi, I am thinking about applying to the CIA except I have some worries about how a background check involving my parents would affect my chances.

My parents are both US citizens, and law abiding and never been to jail, or arrested or anything like that. 

I was discussing my desire to join the CIA, and they rasied some concerns

1) They own property outside the united states that they havent paid taxes on, apparently I was not aware that property outside the US needs to be declared to uncle sam. This is a US friendly country btw.

2) My parents filed tax returns one year on a sale of property, in a way that was not exactly kosher. They needed the money badly to settle some other debts they had at the time that had to be paid. They filed taxes in a way to reduce their liabilities that if the IRS audited them and opened their case they could be hit with some very heavy fines.

I've taken the necessary precuations to protect my IP before making this post to make it as untraceable as possible.

Anyway, should I still apply to the CIA, I dont want to subject them to a background check and some way have the IRS look through their financial information and get them audited.

I was wondering what the chances of this happeneing would be?

Thanks guys

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: CIA Family Background Check worries, please advise
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2012 at 9:59pm
JohnDoezy

I'm not a tax lawyer or tax accountant, but seems like property sales in another country wouldn't be any business of the IRS. In this country, I believe you can sell a house one time without oweing any taxes. If you buy another house and sell it later on and you made a profit, you would be taxed on the gains.

I don't think a background check would find this out. They are not checking on your parents. It's what they can find out about you. However, you are thinking this is a crime and you would certainly not pass a required polygraph without applying countermeasures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:50am
John, 

In another thread you mention you smoked marijuana at least 52 times, helped grow marijuana with a friend, and sold some marijuana.  Those are all DQ's in many agencies.  (undetected felonies) 

You are applying for CIA so foreign contacts, property sales, and other dealings outside the United States are very important to that agency.  You may wish to reevaluate your desire to apply to the CIA or any other agency that uses good background checks and polygraph.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 7:35am
My advice would be to not waste any time with the CIA.

As I understand it, getting even a TS clearance can be less difficult at other agencies.

Even Monica Lewi Angrynsky had no difficulty getting a TS clearance at DOD, after her little escapades with Bill C.

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tyler James

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 9:41pm
I was wondering if my family's past mistakes such as felony's, alcohol use, abuse, or any of their past mistakes could ruin my chances in the C.I.A.?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:16pm
It is  always possible.
A lot will depend upon who the background investigators are able to speak with, and how much dirt they  will find in that manner.
It's very much "lick of the draw"! Sad

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

CIA Family Background Check worries, please advise

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X