Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Medical Conditions Affecting Polygraph. (Read 162766 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Austin Lee Mahoney

Re: Medical Conditions Affecting Polygraph.
Reply #30 - Apr 22nd, 2019 at 10:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have severe epilepsy, I average 6-10 seizures a week an take a ton of medications. I have an upcoming poly. I have failed several an I'm told it's due to the epilepsy. Is this true! Should I consult my doctor for a release!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Reply #31 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 1:47pm
I would recommend getting a doctor's note. I seriously doubt that they will honor it though. This happened to me. Even though there are approved regulations that prohibit polygraphing and interrogating individuals with mental, emotional or psychological disabilities, they still do it. No one will - or is able - to hold them accountable. Yet.

#StopPolygraphAbuse

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Daytrading

Reply #32 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 2:01pm
@ quickfix

Is it possible to quote a policy from the feds or guidelines regarding the ptsd?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 6:38pm
DOD Instruction 5210.91, Encl 4, para a(2):   "Interview the examinee, collect basic data, and assess the examinee’s suitability and condition to undergo an examination."

Translation:  The polygraph examiner must determine whether or not a person is physically and mentally suitable for testing.  If they determine the person should obtain a doctor's note attesting to the suitability of the person to be tested, they would tell the person and postpone testing until a note is obtained.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 8:59pm
So now polygraph examiners are psychologists and psychiatrists too?

The part of the regulation he's referring to is part of the "pretest phase", where they collect basic data, inform you of your rights, and lie right to your face.

Actually, DoDI 5210.91 Enclosure 3, 2. l. Directs the DoD Components that are authorized to conduct PCA examinations to write internal "Policies and procedures to assess and determine whether an individual is medically, psychologically, and emotionally fit to undergo an examination".

The regulation also states in Enclosure 4, 2. h. that those Components must have written procedures that "Exempt or postpone examinations when individuals are considered medically, psychologically, or emotionally unfit to undergo an examination".

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #35 - Oct 25th, 2019 at 6:21pm
So, John M. is now a polygraph expert?  I guess when you fail 5 polygraphs in 3 years and get your access pulled, you become an expert...at failure.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2019 at 7:18pm by quickfix »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LINDA

Got inconclusive results 2x but I knoq its true. Qhats happening? I have borderline personality that means emotional extremes to loss abandonment and rejection.
Reply #36 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 11:23pm
I have had a polygraph 2x this week and both are inconclusive. I do have borderline personality which means i have emotional extremes to loss abandonment and rejection.  Is this why its coming back inconclusive.  I am on no meds.  I dont drink or do drugs.  They say they havent had this before.  Are they just a company that takes money with no results?  I went in voluntarily to prove what happened and isnt giving me answers.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #37 - Aug 21st, 2020 at 4:00am
Quote:
I have had a polygraph 2x this week and both are inconclusive. I do have borderline personality which means i have emotional extremes to loss abandonment and rejection.  Is this why its coming back inconclusive.  I am on no meds.  I dont drink or do drugs.  They say they havent had this before.  Are they just a company that takes money with no results?  I went in voluntarily to prove what happened and isnt giving me answers.

Linda,

The fact that you took the polygraph twice and both times the result was inconclusive does not mean that there is anything wrong with you. The problem is that polygraphy is junk science.

A polygraph "test" cannot prove what did or didn't happen.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Exempt??

Reply #38 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 10:52pm
Would I be eligible to be exempt from the polygraph if my primary care provider states that I have Panic Attack Disorder, GAD, recently recovered from a Pulmonary Embolism, Bipolar Disorder, Major depressive disorder and PTSD?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #39 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 2:37am
Quote:
Would I be eligible to be exempt from the polygraph if my primary care provider states that I have Panic Attack Disorder, GAD, recently recovered from a Pulmonary Embolism, Bipolar Disorder, Major depressive disorder and PTSD?

No.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KK

Reply #40 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 10:05pm
I have a spinal cord injury and have been on disability for 14 years due to the damage it has caused to my spinal cord and my central nervous system I have two medical Spinal cord stimulators implanted in my back that connects to my spinal cord. Am I a good candidate for a polygraph test or would my medical condition prevent me from getting accurate results?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #41 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 5:48am
Quote:
I have a spinal cord injury and have been on disability for 14 years due to the damage it has caused to my spinal cord and my central nervous system I have two medical Spinal cord stimulators implanted in my back that connects to my spinal cord. Am I a good candidate for a polygraph test or would my medical condition prevent me from getting accurate results?

Your spinal cord injury is unlikely to prevent you from getting accurate results, but polygraphy's complete lack of scientific underpinnings might well.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Medical Conditions Affecting Polygraph.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X