Normal Topic Backster Lie Detector School (Read 4843 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Home Boy
New User

Backster Lie Detector School
Nov 16th, 2012 at 2:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had the worst polygraph you can imagine, and now a friend wants to go to polygraph school.  I was in the Navy; a female friend and I had a few drinks and then sex, which she actually suggested.  The next day when she sobered up she decided she had been raped.  I took a Navy polygraph and they first said I passed it, and then told me I failed it.  A long story short I lost a rank, so my career was over so I got out and I came back to San Diego.   
A friend still in the Navy called and told me he wants to go to a school in San Diego called Backster School of Lie detection.  Since he was still overseas I went by the school in S.D. for him but the school seemed to be closed.  My friend is getting out of the Navy soon so he called the school directly and asked when he could attend.  They said they were closed in San Diego and would be doing no more courses there, but they would be doing one at a state prison in the Sacramento, Ca. area.  Then they would be doing a class next year in Europe.  The first think that pisses me off is that as a resident of the State of California, why am I and other taxpayers subsidizing up to 30 people to go to polygraph classes at a state prison?  According to Backster’s website which I checked they get free housing and $8.00 a day for three meals!  The people in this state are paying for that?  I did a little more research and found out that all schools are controlled by the Ca. Bureau of Private Post Secondary.  So I went on their website to maybe file a complaint.  Under Title 5, BPPE code of Regulations I discovered that you have to have a home school location.  You can’t just move around the country like a circus doing polygraph classes out of the trunk of your car, you have to have a home school which they don’t.  Does anyone think they will do something about this?  WFT!   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: Backster Lie Detector School
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 3:15am
Homie,

Can you clarify something for me? You say you were reduced in rank, which I assume was the result of Non-Judicial Punishment. Under which article of the UCMJ were you prosecuted?

I'm assuming you were not convicted of rape otherwise you'd be in the brig for years, not a just a reduction in rank. I'm certain you were not punished simply for the results of an NIS administered polygraph.

Please connect the dots.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2012 at 5:10am by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Re: Backster Lie Detector School
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:24am
Home Boy

Did the examiner who passed you change his call or was he reversed by quality control review?  

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2012 at 6:15pm by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Backster Lie Detector School

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X