Normal Topic Re: Worried about sexual questions in upcoming Poly test (Read 6098 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Re: Worried about sexual questions in upcoming Poly test
Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I read your post with interest.  As a former BI and current polygraph examiner, i don't see any problem with you simply being honest regarding this incident.  There would be no criminal charge, and i don't foresee any disqualification for the incident.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Word to the Wise

Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 8:10pm
Marvin,

If you were to confess to your conduct, it's unlikely that you would be criminally prosecuted. Although what you did is a serious crime, you were a minor at the time, the victim seemingly has no knowledge of what you did, and the only evidence would be your uncorroborated confession. It is unlikely that a prosecutor would choose to take such a case to court.

But if you admit to this conduct, you can reasonably expect to be subjected to an in-depth interrogation about it. You'll be asked the full name and current whereabouts of the victim, and full details about each instance of touching.

You should not call the agency and come clean. Nor should you come clean at the day of your polygraph. If you confess 1) you'll be permanently disqualified from employment with any federal agency with a polygraph screening requirement; 2) you'll fail the polygraph (if they even bother to proceed with it); and 3) your confession will be shared with any other federal agency with which you may seek employment in the future and will likely disqualify you.

If your conscience troubles you, and you feel the need to confess, you'd be better off withdrawing your application and confiding in a trusted friend rather than a federal agent who will be taking notes. On the other hand, if you sincerely regret your past conduct, have matured since then, and would never do such a thing again, and still wish to proceed in the hiring process, then it would behoove you to keep your mouth shut and educate yourself about the polygraph. The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, which you can download from this site, would be a good place to start.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 10:17pm
Possibly I missed something of importance in Marvin's post.  I understood him to say the girl was his age, he touched her private parts, but did not mention penetration of any part.  Two incidences lasting seconds with a same age person touching her gentile organs.  At the age of 12 to 14 does not constitute a sexual offense, it is considered experimentation.  Poor choice?  Yes, however not a DQ in and of itself.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 12:39pm
The original post has been deleted at the poster's request.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X