Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death (Read 71828 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death
Reply #30 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 8:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
It's interesting that whenever anyone disagrees with you lot, you immediately pull the 'ignorant' card.

When I characterized your comment that one's failing by a lot in a polygraph means one is lying as reflecting profound ignorance about polygraphy, it was not intended as an insult.

The problem with polygraphy is that it has no scientific basis to begin with, so there's little distinction to be made between failing by a lot or a little. As I mentioned earlier, you'll find more about why this is true in Chapter 1 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

And for a real-world example, Jack Trimarco, the polygrapher who accused Joe Genoese of deception, also accused me of deception despite my having answered all questions truthfully. It seems I "failed by a lot," as he reported me as deceptive with respect to each and every relevant question. See my public statement, Too Hot of a Potato: A Citizen-Soldier's Encounter with the Polygraph.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death
Reply #31 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 3:01am
Very interesting reading George, this is the first time I've seen this statement. Curious, did you ever attempt to get your polygraph charts?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #32 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 4:52am
Ex Member wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 3:01am:
Curious, did you ever attempt to get your polygraph charts?

In May of 2013, I filed a new Privacy Act with the FBI for any records, including any held by the polygraph division, mentioning me or AntiPolygraph.org. The FBI sent me just a few pages of documents associated with the time in the early 1990s I was seconded to them by the U.S. army reserve and my employment application. My polygraph charts were not included. And if the FBI is presumed to have responded to my Privacy Act request in good faith, it, including its polygraph division, maintains no records at all mentioning AntiPolygraph.org.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box spiderman

Reply #33 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 5:08am
Interesting.  When I got rejected from the CIA a few years back, I mentioned Antipolygraph.org during my polygraph! Stupid me.  But I made no confessions, though I still got rejected right afterwards. When I filed my FOIA and received it, all of the polygraph info was censored out...except for one statement that read: "Applicant admitted to visiting Antipolygraph.org".

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #34 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 5:48am
spiderman,

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm afraid that some agencies consider a person's candid admission to having visited this website as tantamount to an admission of intent to employ, or actual employment of, polygraph countermeasures. In a recent case documented on the blog, a U.S. army polygraph operator seemed keen to have the examinee, whom he suspected of having employed countermeasures, say that he had visited AntiPolygraph.org, despite the fact that the suspected countermeasure was something that AntiPolygraph.org specifically advises against.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #35 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 1:40pm
Speaking as a lowly polygraph operator with only ten years of experience, the polygraph industry seems to suffer from an abject fear of the Countermeasure Bogeyman. 

That fear is wholly justifiable, in my opinion.

From what I've seen, a test subject who admits to visiting this site -- or even studying polygraph theory in academic journals -- is at risk for suffering irrecoverably prejudicial handling by a suspicious (or fearful) examiner. 

Backster repeatedly cautioned his pupils against "hallucinating" (his word) a subject's reactions on the polygraph charts, which seem to have a strange way of appearing when an examiner is biased.

Again, these comments are just the reflections of my personal views and observations.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1st4th5thand6th
User

Reply #36 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 1:40pm:
Speaking as a lowly polygraph operator with only ten years of experience, the polygraph industry seems to suffer from an abject fear of the Countermeasure Bogeyman. 

That fear is wholly justifiable, in my opinion.

From what I've seen, a test subject who admits to visiting this site -- or even studying polygraph theory in academic journals -- is at risk for suffering irrecoverably prejudicial handling by a suspicious (or fearful) examiner. 

Backster repeatedly cautioned his pupils against "hallucinating" (his word) a subject's reactions on the polygraph charts, which seem to have a strange way of appearing when an examiner is biased.

Again, these comments are just the reflections of my personal views and observations.

Dan, If I'm reading your previous post correctly...., you as a polygraph examiner are basically admitting that polygraphers as a whole reward those individuals who are ignorant of the polygraph (or at least appear to be) and punish those individuals who are knowledgeable of it.  

Even when they have the decency and the "honesty" to admit it...

My question is this.... As the NSA/letter agencies continue to polygraph 
and re-polygraph sensitive positions  2-4 times a year.etc... How can it be sure after a few tries that those people haven't figured out it's all an act?

Does the government, letter agencies etc... assume that the thousands of cleared employees are still ignorant of the process even after taking it several times?    

Do they (letter agencies) assume that if their selected candidates are ignorant once, they will remain ignorant????   That seems preposterous doesn't it????????         

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #37 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 6:26pm
1st4th5thand6th, I do not wish to imply that examiners “reward” those subjects who deny researching polygraph. The examiner will automatically assume they have. It's just that those who admit to researching the “test” will be facing even more scrutiny, in my view. Think of it as a double whammy.

As to polygraph being “all an act,” I must disagree. Polygraph testing – in single-issue or incident-specific applications – works to a fairly significant degree, although that exact figure is unknowable. I doubt it's nearly as high as the polygraph industry would have one believe. The error rate may in fact be huge, but when used as a gross (i.e., heavy handed) culling tool, polygraph indeed gets the job done – but it comes at a cost: Collateral damage is high.

Uncle Sugar is more worried about catching bad guys than he is victimizing good guys. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. It's not going to change.

To be clear, I have no firsthand knowledge of the federal government's internal polygraph machinations. Many federal examiners monitor this site, so maybe someone will chime in and address your questions.

Meanwhile, something that should be of concern to anyone pondering taking a polygraph test is the inherent religiosity rampant in the industry. For example, polygraph seminars routinely begin with an appeal to supernatural powers for guidance. 

I am not making this up.

Invocations to a deity are actual line items on the programs of scheduled events. At the conclusion of such seminars, benedictions are not uncommon. 

When I started in polygraph some ten years ago, I thought all those little giveaways I saw at seminars, such as mouse pads and coffee mugs, that were emblazoned with “IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE POLYGRAPH” were just feel-good freebies sporting a cute punchline. But there seems to be more to it, from what I've seen.

How this squares with the alleged science, I don't know.

Imagine a huge hall filled with hundreds of polygraph examiners, their heads bowed in reverence as a designated cleric – usually a minister, chaplain, pastor, etc. –  makes an impassioned plea to The Almighty for the members to be heavenly endowed with apt judgment as they go about their polygraph work.

In other words, the polygraph profession, at their events,  routinely appeals to God and asks for help.

OK...  I got to wondering... What happens, then, in a case where God apparently gives some sought-after help to a polygrapher? 

Say an examiner runs a so-called maintenance polygraph on a convicted sex offender, and the charts are picture perfect NDI with no signs of countermeasures. But the examiner “has a feeling” something isn't right, and decides to pray on it overnight. Say the examiner has a vision (in a dream) and the perceived message from on high is that the test subject is indeed deceptive... What then? Is the polygrapher obligated – at least ethically – to make mention of it in his report?

Here's a larger question...  Can religion – as evidenced by the polygraph professions' formal appeals to supernatural forces for assistance – coexist with “polygraph science”?

By the way, whose religion should the polygraph industry be talking about? The invocations I've heard were decidedly Christian in nature. What about other religions? Maybe they could have a rotation...  Oh wait, then the Satanists would want to get in on the act, and that would probably irk the polygraph establishment at large. Better come back to that later.  How should the atheists be dealt with?  And what about the courts? Polygraph-science proponents are eager to share the APA's meta-analysis. Can the same folks explain the industry's affinity for Divine Intervention? 

Let me be clear: I'm not knocking religion, anyone's beliefs, or any organization's religious leanings. I'm simply asking if religion should have such a formal place in an entity that espouses and promotes polygraph science. 

Hey, if polygraph were all about utility, no one would care about the religion angle.

I've raised a few rhetorical and sensitive questions, to be sure, but they should be addressed.

Let's hear some comments – especially from the polygraph industry lurkers who frequent this site.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nan

Reply #38 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 11:10pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Nov 12th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Polygraph testing – in single-issue or incident-specific applications – works to a fairly significant degree, although that exact figure is unknowable. I doubt it's nearly as high as the polygraph industry would have one believe. The error rate may in fact be huge, but when used as a gross (i.e., heavy handed) culling tool, polygraph indeed gets the job done – but it comes at a cost: Collateral damage is high.

Uncle Sugar is more worried about catching bad guys than he is victimizing good guys. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. It's not going to change.

I don't know about everyone else, but as an anti-polygraph individual myself, I agree with this.  Polygraphers don't care that innocent people will be rejected for no reason, as long as they catch some liars...while other liars squeeze through.  I'll say the only reason that the polygraph is still working on people is because those people have yet to be informed about how the polygraph process works.  Hence, they haven't been to this site and studied the material.  After visiting this site, I was able to breeze through my federal polygraph with ease, much to the disappointment of the polygrapher, despite having a shameful past that I will never tell anyone about. 

Dan Mangan wrote on Nov 12th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
  For example, polygraph seminars routinely begin with an appeal to supernatural powers for guidance. In other words, the polygraph profession, at their events,  routinely appeals to God and asks for help.

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this.  Most of the country, and world, is Christian anyway, so prayer to God is very common, though the Political Police try to block it in public settings.  I find it ironic that polygraphers are praying for their sham to work.  You can't read someone's mind, it is impossible.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dean's Pro-Poly

Reply #39 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 3:59pm
Quote:
After visiting this site, I was able to breeze through my federal polygraph with ease, much to the disappointment of the polygrapher, despite having a shameful past that I will never tell anyone about.

Well congratulations to you for beating the system and gloating about it. You say the polygrapher was disappointed, was that what he/she said, or simply your over-inflated assumption?? Usually when people have shameful pasts that they don't wish to share with everyone, the first thing they don't do, is go online stating as much. I'd send you a medal if I thought you had a chest to pin one on!

Quote:
Wow, this is the first I've heard of this.  Most of the country, and world, is Christian anyway, so prayer to God is very common, though the Political Police try to block it in public settings.  I find it ironic that polygraphers are praying for their sham to work.  You can't read someone's mind, it is impossible.

Given Religion is the LARGEST SHAM in history!! The world will only be a better, safer, happier place to be in, when we all agree to disagree and completely do away with religion. I'm a realist, so I know it'll never happen. What the hell would all the God loving/fearing people do?? People who believe in faith are people who can't deal with reality and need a patsy.

How is it ironic?? How many exams have you sat in on where the Polygrapher has said, 'Okay, before we start Mr. Moses, I'd just like you to hold my hand while I say a little prayer so my machine gets it right today??!! Sorry, but you're an idiot... amusing, but an idiot none-the-less.

Who the hell are the Political Police, pray tell??!! No really, I need to know now!! Please part with your gifted knowledge so I can throw my laptop down and enlist immediately!! 

My heart goes out to you as it seems you've suffered some harsh and unjustly treatment whilst attempting to pray in a public place. That's just not on, is it?  Okay, so I'm being a tad sarcastic. But do you blame me? Your comment is on my top 5 most outrageous comments of the week. Maybe it's got nothing to do with praying or public places, it's just you they have a problem with. Food for thought.

As for polygraph results go... I believe they should be determined and thus discussed, on a case-by-case basis. So George had a negative experience, does that make all polygraph tests wrong?! I strongly believe it does not.

Not every person on death row, waiting to be executed is guilty but has the death penalty been abolished everywhere? No! Reason being because the majority are in-fact guilty. Do I condone killing innocent people? Hell no, who would?! 

I happened to drive through a speed trap last week whilst on my way to work. Now, how many people are unduly fined because the machine got it wrong or malfunctioned on the day? Quite possibly a few. So do they remove them all together? 

At the end of the day, a polygraph is not the one and only defining factor of guilt or innocence. In some States it is inadmissible and others it's admissible. I don't pretend to be an expert but I do know it's not as cut and dry as a lot of people lead us to believe. I personally believe, at the end of the day, provided the test is carried out by a qualified technician (as opposed to an online certificate), is taken within the correct environment, then the results are one of the many steps in making a case for or against a person. You don't convict some-one purely on a polygraph result.

This is my first visit to this site and I've read quite a number of posts before posting my own. I have noticed a trend wherein if some-one like myself disagrees with you, you tend to call us ignorant and other like-minded comments. So, let the quote/comment bashing/insult slinging begin. I'm a big man, I'll always be pro-poly and not much ever sticks to me, so fire away and let the games begin.

Time Out. . . 

Oh, one other quick comment. George, you stated to another poster that Jack Trimarco found you to be deceptive, despite you having answered all questions truthfully, yes? So, are we supposed to take your word for that, are we? This entire site is based around the belief polygraph testing is inaccurate and therefore unjustly performed. That and the fact you say 'they' got it wrong. I don't know you from a bar of soap so why the hell would I take your word for it?? IF you ARE innocent, I'd have to say sorry for your bad experience and repercussions it must have had on your life. However, it really is your word against theirs, correct?

Ding Ding - Time In. . .  continue mud-slinging!!

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #40 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Quote:
As for polygraph results go... I believe they should be determined and thus discussed, on a case-by-case basis. So George had a negative experience, does that make all polygraph tests wrong?! I strongly believe it does not.

I agree. My polygraph experience doesn't prove that polygraphy lacks scientific underpinnings. I've never made any such claim. But it's an example of the kind of harm that is to be expected from misplaced reliance on an invalid test.

Quote:
This is my first visit to this site...

I find that hard to believe, considering that someone with the same IP address as yours posted in this thread as "Absurd Rabbit Habit" three weeks ago.

Quote:
Oh, one other quick comment. George, you stated to another poster that Jack Trimarco found you to be deceptive, despite you having answered all questions truthfully, yes? So, are we supposed to take your word for that, are we? This entire site is based around the belief polygraph testing is inaccurate and therefore unjustly performed. That and the fact you say 'they' got it wrong. I don't know you from a bar of soap so why the hell would I take your word for it?? IF you ARE innocent, I'd have to say sorry for your bad experience and repercussions it must have had on your life. However, it really is your word against theirs, correct?

Correct. But how does one prove that one is not a spy?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #41 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 7:53pm
I'd like to hear George's answer to that one, too, since I have personally seen his polygraph charts, and there is no doubt CMs were employed.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #42 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 8:04pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 13th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
I'd like to hear George's answer to that one, too, since I have personally seen his polygraph charts, and there is no doubt CMs were employed.

In whose possession were these polygraph charts? Could you send me a copy? When I requested them under the Privacy Act, the FBI said it could not locate them. And please tell me more about these countermeasures you say were employed.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 8:14pm
George, I said I saw your charts, not that I have them.   And you don't honestly think I would I would send to you if I did, or point out the exact CMs identified?  Besides, even if I could, it would be a violation of the Privacy Act to post such information on a public site.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #44 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 8:17pm
quickfix wrote on Nov 13th, 2014 at 8:14pm:
George, I said I saw your charts, not that I have them.

Okay. So who does have them?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X