Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death (Read 71805 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death
Oct 23rd, 2012 at 5:17am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
This week, "Dr. Phil" McGraw will serve up yet another polygraph episode. The matter at hand is whether Joe Genoese killed his fiancée, Sheena Morris, on new year's day, 2009. Morris's body was found hanging in a Bradenton Beach, Florida hotel. Investigators ruled the death a suicide.

However, Morris's parents suspect that Genoese killed their daughter, and their suspicions are the subject of a two-part series to be broadcast this week. On Thursday (25 Oct.), the parents' allegations against Genoese will be aired, and on Friday (26 Oct.), the results of a polygraph "test" administered by Jack Trimarco will be revealed. Not coincidentally, Friday is the first day of the Nielsen ratings sweeps period.

We don't have to wait until Friday to find out the results. Genoese failed the polygraph and has discussed his experience with reporter Lee Williams of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune:

Quote:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121022/ARTICLE/121029909?p=all

Ex-fiance of Sheena Morris fails polygraph

By Lee Williams
Published: Monday, October 22, 2012 at 1:27 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:13 p.m.

BRADENTON BEACH - Joe Genoese, the former fiance of Sheena Morris, failed a polygraph examination about his role in the 2009 death, according to the polygraphist who administered the test.

Genoese, along with Sheena's parents, Kelly Osborn and Dave Morris, appeared last week at a taping of the “Dr. Phil” show in Los Angeles. Their two episodes are scheduled to be broadcast locally Thursday and Friday.

Genoese was tested by Jack Trimarco, a nationally known expert and the former chief polygraphist for the FBI's Los Angeles Field Office, who has personally conducted more than 3,500 examinations.

“He was deceptive to the relative issue, which was: Did you kill Sheena?” Trimarco said. “He failed the test for that issue. It wasn't a good test for him.”

The entire examination, Trimarco said, was “textbook.”

“He was cooperative. I didn't see any sign of countermeasures. The rapport was there. He was not resisting,” Trimarco said. “I expected him not to fail, only because I told him he'd be a fool to take this test if he had something to hide. Boy, was he deceptive.”

Genoese, 48, told the Herald-Tribune that appearing on “Dr. Phil” and taking the polygraph test was “the worst mistake of my life.”

“I didn't do well. I came up deceptive,” Genoese said. “It said I was lying. I guess I should have investigated this thing before I went on there. They set me up. If I was guilty of anything, why the hell would I go out there?”

Genoese said the show's producers told him that if he disagreed with the results of their polygraphist he could arrange another test with an examiner of his own choosing.

“I have one scheduled next week,” he said. “I've even contacted a civil attorney. I'm tired of trying to prove my innocence.”

Morris, 22, was found hanging in a shower stall of a Bradenton Beach hotel on New Year's Day 2009.

Bradenton Beach Police Detective Lenard Diaz concluded Morris killed herself. Her family insists she was murdered.

Diaz, who waited 22 days before interviewing Genoese in person, cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Genoese, a construction worker from Tampa, has said he is “disheartened” by theories put forward by Sheena's family implying he was involved.

According to police records, Morris and Genoese had a domestic disturbance 13 hours before the woman's body was found hanging in the hotel room.

Bradenton Beach police officers who were dispatched to investigate the disturbance wrote in their reports that they passed Genoese on the stairway as they were walking to the room. They did not stop or question him.

Genoese told Diaz that he went straight home after leaving the hotel and never returned, although questions have risen about his alibi.

Asked for her reaction to Genoese's failed polygraph, Sheena's mother, Kelly Osborn, said Monday that she was unable to discuss the taping because she signed a nondisclosure agreement with the show. She cannot comment until after the two episodes are broadcast.

Osborn has arranged a public viewing starting at 4 p.m. Friday at The Golf Club, 12950 Racetrack Road in Tampa. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a domestic violence shelter.

The test

In Florida, the results of a polygraph examination can be admissible in court under very limited circumstances, according to Tammy Wildy, a polygraphist with the Florida Highway Patrol, who is president of the Florida Polygraph Association.

“Usually the tests that are allowed are stipulated tests,” she said. “Both sides have agreed to accept the findings.”

Wildy claims a 93 percent accuracy rate.

“As far as accuracy, there's not anything else out there that has a better accuracy rate for detection of deception than the polygraph instrument,” she said.

Trimarco, who was the chief polygraphist of the FBI's Los Angeles Field Office from 1991-1998, has performed more than 1,100 criminal polygraphs related to FBI investigations.

Some of the cases included: the Unabomber, the Whitewater investigation and the bombings of the World Trade Center and the federal building in Oklahoma City. Trimarco has performed numerous classified examinations involving foreign terrorists.

Genoese said Trimarco used “a lot of trick questions.”

“He asked me if I ever hurt anyone before 2009, and if I ever hurt anyone in jealousy,” Genoese said. “I think I was set up. Basically, I went out there to do a good thing and got hung up like a piece of meat.”

While the polygraph may serve as a useful ratings gimmick for the Dr. Phil show, it has a poor track record at actually resolving issues. The results usually serve only to confirm audience expectations. Guests for whom the audience feels sympathy pass while those whom the audience holds in scorn and suspcion fail. And where it's ambiguous, the result is likely to be "inconclusive."

For commentary on previous Dr. Phil polygraph episodes, see:

Drew Peterson's Polygraph Results Discussed on the Dr. Phil Show

Dr. Phil "A Husband's Double Life" (26 Nov. 2008) - Polygrapher Jack Trimarco Divines Unfaithful Husband Is a Pedophile

Dr. Phil Lie Detector Episode with Joelle Ogletree, Chayce Wilson, and Matt Brooks

Dr. Phil Polygraph Episode with John Swartz, 5 September 2007

Dr. Phil Lie Detector Episode, 4 April 2007

Dr. Phil Lie Detector Series, 6-7 & 28 Nov

Yet Another Dr. Phil Polygraph Episode (17Nov06)

Dr. Phil Passes Off Polygraphy as Science
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2012 at 6:12am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jason blaze

Re: Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:36am
George, you're kidding me with this post right? The polygraph is for ratings and the results are in line with what the audience believes? Anyone with a brain in their head knows this guy is guilty. The guy was stumbling over half his answers and then fails the polygraph by a legitimate source. The guy takes this test and goes on this show to try and make people believe hes innocent rather than to show his innocence. His ego got a little too big and it should cost him his life, yet morons run this justice system.  Calling you a moron would be an understatement.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:57am
Quote:
Anyone with a brain in their head knows this guy is guilty. 

This statement alone shows who the real moron is. Legitimate source? What makes Trimarco any more legitimate than the rest of the charlatans?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:57am
Quote:
George, you're kidding me with this post right? The polygraph is for ratings and the results are in line with what the audience believes? Anyone with a brain in their head knows this guy is guilty. The guy was stumbling over half his answers and then fails the polygraph by a legitimate source. The guy takes this test and goes on this show to try and make people believe hes innocent rather than to show his innocence. His ego got a little too big and it should cost him his life, yet morons run this justice system.  Calling you a moron would be an understatement.

Jason, my point is that:

1. Polygraphy has no scientific basis and polygraph chart readings are of no evidentiary value;

2. Phil McGraw, who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and should be aware of the shortcomings of polygraphy, cynically uses the lie detector as a ratings gimmick. It's no coincidence that he usually trots out Jack Trimarco during Nielsen sweeps.

I'm not stating an opinion with regard to Joe Genoese's guilt or innocence. However, I saw no clear and convincing evidence in the Dr. Phil website's episode summaries (New Year's Mystery: Who Killed Sheena? and New Year's Mystery: The Polygraph Test Results) that Morris was murdered, let alone that Joe Genoese is guilty of her murder.

It's worth noting that if Genoese were indeed a killer intent on beating the polygraph to divert suspicion from himself, he could have easily done so (as did Paul Ceglia, the man who sued Mark Zuckerberg for 50 percent of Facebook and passed a polygraph "test" about the authenticity of an alleged contract that was the basis of his claim; the case was thrown out of court and Ceglia was arrested for fraud yesterday).

Information on how to fool the lie detector is readily available to anyone who seeks it. See, for example, AntiPolygraph.org's free book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector (PDF), which explains in detail how to pass a polygraph "test" (whether or not one is telling the truth).

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 9:15pm
George, 

1.      Polygraphy has no scientific value and polygraph chart readings are of no evidentiary value

Polygraph is admitted in court proceedings in the State of New Mexico under rule 707 of the New Mexico State Supreme Court.  They are of evidentiary value.  It has been admitted in numerous other states as evidence.  Polygraph is gaining admission in court cases.  It is commonly used in probation revocation hearings. 

2.      Phil McGraw, who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and should be aware of the shortcomings of polygraphy, cynically uses the lie detector as a ratings gimmick. It's no coincidence that he usually trots out Jack Trimarco during Nielsen sweeps.

Your evidence of this is from what authoritative source?  (regarding using it for ratings)

3.  I'm not stating an opinion with regard to Joe Genoese's guilt or innocence. However, I saw no clear and convincing evidence in the Dr. Phil website's episode summaries that Morris was murdered, let alone that Joe Genoese is guilty of her murder.

No trial has occurred and evidence has not been presented to the General Public.  I don’t believe any of us can form an opinion based on the current information available to the public.   

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2012 at 9:07am
Bill,

When I say that polygraph chart readings are of no evidentiary value, I don't mean to say that they are never admitted as evidence in our courts. Indeed, as you point out, in some cases, judges have deemed polygraph results to be admissible in court proceedings. But even in such cases, polygraph results are of no true evidentiary value because polygraphy has no scientific basis. Judges who admit polygraph "evidence" make a mockery of justice, and New Mexico has made itself a legal laughing stock by allowing the pseudoscience of polygraphy to get its nose under the tent.

With regard to Phil McGraw using the polygraph as a ratings gimmick, do you really not recognize that? As the Arabic saying goes, it's more obvious than the sun. But if the use of the polygraph to build suspense beginning early in the week, ultimately leading up to the opening of the manila envelope and the pregnant pause before the reading of the results doesn't convince you, it is made clear by the frequency with which polygraph episodes appear during Nielsen sweeps.

I agree with you that none of us can form an informed opinion based on the publicly available information. But fans of the Dr. Phil show are forming very strong opinions nonetheless, opinions that are often misinformed by belief in the myth of the lie detector.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 1:03am
George, 

I understand your total opposition to polygraph.  I acknowledge you have had a bad experience which was life altering for you as a result of polygraph examinations.  I don't agree with your statement regarding there being no scientific bases regarding polygraph.  And Dr. Phil does care about ratings I'm sure, his show is designed to attract viewers. I also believe he actually believes in polygraph.  

The State of New Mexico has some stringent rules regarding admission of polygraph as evidence, and holds examiners to a higher standard than other jurisdictions.  Nationwide, polygraph is gaining respect as a science, rather than an art.  And yes it has more strides to take. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:07am
Bill,

You make reference(s) to the general topic of whether polygraphy (lie detection) is a science-based practice or an art that is practiced at various levels of accomplishment.  I have made no secret over the last couple of decades, that I believe when the latter occurs, bad and very bad art are the only end results and that any connection/alleged association to the former (science) is some combination of fanciful fiction, wishful thinking, and/or deceptive advertising.  That having been said…

Because it has been the better part of a decade since I have devoted much time and effort in discussing/debating that subject on this forum and because your commentary on this forum over an extended period would suggest you to potentially be a rational and civil debate adversary, I'd be personally interested in revisiting the general topic if you are so inclined to join me.

If so, that we might be debating apples vs. apples and discussing the methodology/application most utilized in the U.S., why don't we limit our discussion to the probable-lie control question test (PLCQT).  If you'd care to debate the following, "Resolved: The PLCQT is a valid science-based application for discerning truth from falsehood” as the presumed proponent of such, feel free to begin our debate with an opening statement/argument.  If you care to do so, you might also start a new thread with title related to the proposed debate.

Although I realize there are a number of related topics (many of which I and others (perhaps you) have discussed on this forum), e.g., the deception involved in lie detection, the ethics involved in lie detection, the utility of lie detection, countermeasures and lie detection, concealed information testing, digitally-obtained and analyzed polygraph data, etc., why don’t we limit our discussion to the aforementioned resolved statement for debate.

Regards, Drew Richardson
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:37am by Drew Richardson »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:21pm
Dr. Richardson, 

I'm not so bold as to engage you in a debate.  I don't have the time to pull up all of the research I have read.  I am sure you have researched the subject well and have the time and resources to effectively communicate your points.  This would be a debate between a PHD and a BS, this is not what I consider in my league.  I enjoy discussing polygraph and assisting persons on this board understand the "basics" of polygraph.  I also like to dispel myths regarding polygraph.  Perhaps another examiner with your credentials will engage you in this debate.  I do have respect for your work in the field of polygraph and other aspects of attempting to discover the truth, there are areas in which we agree and disagree.  

Thank you for honoring me with the invitation. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:20am
Bill_Brown wrote on Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:21pm:
This would be a debate between a PHD and a BS, this is not what I consider in my league. 

Bill,

PhD degree holders are to be respected for their knowlege, however the knowledge is directional. Where they are surely experts in the field of their dissertation, it does not necessarily put one out of your league. I personally have met many PhD's who have never used a hammer in their entire life. Others are professional students who lack the prowess to survive the rigors of the industry.

You told George that you don't agree with his statement regarding there being no scientific basis to polygraphy. You should be able to present an argument in support of such a position. 

Perhaps I could germinate this debate by referring to the position of Gershon Ben-Shakhar where he states that any scientific test has the requirement of being linked to a theory that can be tested and validated. The empirical data must be validated against a theory. It is not sufficient to simply correlate results with criterion validity. What is the theory that certain observed psychophysiological responses are a result of deception?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pixkbi
User

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 6:48pm
the debate Dr. Richardson seeks recently occurred in the Superior Court in Anchorage Alaska (3AN-09-11088CR) State vs Thomas Alexander and James Griffith...Polygraph was to be admitted in both trials

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 7:23pm
A 14-month Florida state investigation into the death of Sheena Morris has concluded that her death was a suicide. No evidence of a homicide was found. And Joe Genoese, Morris' fiancé whom Jack Trimarco all but accused of murdering her, has passed a polygraph examination administered by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement:

Quote:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20131121/article/131129926

NEW: In reversal, Sheena Morris' family rejects finding of suicide
By Lee Williams
Published: Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 12:04 p.m.

For a few hours Wednesday, Kelly Osborn's faith in her daughter Sheena Morris ebbed.

Osborn and her family received a powerful, emotional presentation from the prosecutor in charge of the “Sheena case,” Assistant State Attorney Arthur Brown III, and the state agents who spent 14 months investigating the 2009 death.

The presentation included charts and crime scene photos of Osborn's daughter, presented on an easel. Morris' family was not allowed to record the meeting.

Afterward, Osborn hugged and thanked the lawmen and then drove home to Tampa.

She told the Herald-Tribune she had accepted her daughter's suicide, and was thankful for the professional investigation she had wanted for nearly five years.

But a few hours later — after discussing the meeting with Sheena's father, Dave Morris, who flew to Tampa from his New York home to attend the briefing — and with her current husband, Osborn said she “came to her senses.”

“Sheena didn't kill herself,” Osborn said late Wednesday night. “She was murdered.”

Osborn and her family started to question some of the very emotional arguments Brown had made, especially after reading the 21-page memorandum the prosecutor had written for the case. That document was not given to them during their meeting at the State Attorney's Office.

Brown's report, which was based on an investigation by special agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, states that investigators found “no evidence of a homicide.”

It includes interviews with other forensic experts, in addition to snippets of information that Brown gleaned from several homicide textbooks.

Osborn says that Brown's report reads more like an argument against others who concluded that Morris' death did not appear to be suicide.

“I do not agree. It's my assessment of the evidence,” Brown said. “There was no evidence to support that she was unconscious before she was hung. There were no injuries, no drugs and low blood alcohol.”

Brown said he has never included citations into any so-called “decline memo,” and had to educate himself as best he could.

Witness criticisms

About the same time Morris' family was questioning the prosecutor's findings, calls started coming in.

Some of the people named in the report, including several of her daughter's friends, told Osborn that what FDLE wrote about conversations they had with agents was not right, was taken out of context, or both.

FDLE agents accused Justina Jones, a longtime friend who has known Morris since age 12, of providing “inconsistent information” about Morris' state of mind.

Jones denied knowing how Morris met her former fiance or where she worked, the agents reported, even though Jones lived with Morris and dated Morris' manager.

Jones said Thursday the agents erred, twisting her statements from different periods of her life.

“They combined multiple time-frames into one statement, which makes it false” she said. “They did what they pleased with the information. They got it wrong. Sheena was murdered.”

Another of Morris' friends said agents told her that her name would remain private.

“They never said it would be released to the media,” the woman said.

The agents asked her about Morris' reaction to the 2008 suicide of a friend, Matt Kennedy.

“Sheena talked about it — why he would do it, but his death didn't affect her as they wrote,” the woman said. “Sheena was curious about it, but I never told them it affected her. They pumped it up — the seriousness of it.”

The woman requested that her name not be used in this story.

'Me against them'

During their meeting with Osborn, neither Brown nor the FDLE agents would comment about how Bradenton Beach police handled the initial investigation, participants said.

“At first I accepted what they said, that this was a suicide,” Osborn said. “But it seems more like they just worked at disproving the facts — my facts — each point I had. I think they're covering for Bradenton Beach police. It's always been me against them. Now, I don't have anywhere to go.”

There are other concerns.

In his memo, Brown attacks the medical experts retained by Osborn.

But one of the medical experts that Brown cited, Canadian Dr. Anny Sauvageau, Alberta's chief medical examiner, is not even trained as a forensic pathologist, although she has written a book about autoeroticism.

Brown wrote that Sauvageau is considered “the leading expert in North America on hangings, and has studied the topic extensively since 2004.”

According to a 2012 story in the Calgary Sun, Andrew Baker, a forensic pathologist and president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, questioned Sauvageau's appointment as Alberta's chief medical examiner, asking why “anyone in a top post — be it in the U.S. or Canada — would not have the highest level of training available.”

In a letter to the Sun, published Dec. 8, 2012, Donavon Young, assistant deputy minister of justice services for Alberta's justice and solicitor general, defended Sauvageau's 2011 appointment: “It is important to note that when she completed her residency in anatomical pathology in the early 2000s, forensic pathology was not a specialty in Canada. The forensic pathology program in Canada began in 2009.”

He noted that Sauvageau helped create the exam administered by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons to all doctors in Canada seeking certification in this area. “She is not eligible to take this exam because of her role in authoring it.”

Brown said he was not aware of any concerns about Sauvageau's credentials.

The prosecutor said he did not send Sauvageau a case file to examine, just quotes from the report of one of the forensic experts that Osborn hired to examine Sheena's death.

Brown's report also indicates that Morris' former fiance, Joe Genoese, passed a recent polygraph examination conducted by Sharon Feola, a trained polygraphist and FDLE agent.

Genoese failed an earlier polygraph conducted by Jack Trimarco, which aired on the nationally televised “Dr. Phil” show.

Feola, according to Brown, criticized the questions Trimarco asked, stating they were “not appropriate nor generally relevant test questions,” and that they were “designed to evoke emotional responses based on their very wording.”

Brown said he never obtained copies of the questions that Trimarco asked Genoese, relying instead on Genoese's recollections of questions that were asked of him during the exam.

Trimarco, who was the chief polygraphist of the FBI's Los Angeles Field Office from 1991 to 1998, has performed more than 1,100 criminal polygraphs related to FBI investigations.

Those cases included the Unabomber, the Whitewater investigation and the bombings of the World Trade Center and the federal building in Oklahoma City. Trimarco has also performed numerous classified examinations involving foreign terrorists.

Feola has been a polygraphist for seven years.

According to his website, Trimarco has attended more than 50 polygraph training seminars conducted by the FBI or professional polygraph organizations and taught at federal, state and local agencies; national and state polygraph associations and private and professional groups.

Feola received her polygraph certification through a program held at the Northeast Counterdrug Training Center, operated by the Pennsylvania National Guard. The program was developed by the Harrisburg (Pennsylvania) Area Community College.

Asked whether Feola was qualified to criticize Trimarco's process for delivering the polygraphy test to Genoese, Brown said, “I simply reported what she said.”

Feola did not return calls or emails seeking comment for this story.

Genoese did not return calls seeking comment.

Check back for updates to this developing story.

Copyright © 2013 HeraldTribune.com — All rights reserved. Restricted use only.

The Florida State Attorney's report of investigation may be downloaded here:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/837736-20131120130340579.html

Jack Trimarco also accused two recent guests on the Dr. Phil show, Brittany Bowers and Will Lewis, of deception with regard to their claim that their friend, Jacob Limberios, shot himself. However, since the show aired, the Ohio Attorney General has reported his conclusion that Limberios accidentally shot and killed himself, and that a defect in his gun may have caused it to fire without the trigger being pulled. Brittany Bowers and Will Lewis had both passed polygraphs administered by the Ohio Attorney General's Office Bureau of Criminal Investigation. Trimarco reviewed the Bureau of Criminal Investigation's polygraph charts and scored them as "inconclusive." That episode of the Dr. Phil show, which aired on 15 November 2013, may be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HRP4C5nyUs

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Absurd Rabbit Habit

Reply #12 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:16pm

You people need to buy a clue or two!! Seriously!! Genoese is guiltier than a witch on bonfire night. This man has gotten away with murder and I truly feel for Sheena's parents and family. Maybe it's a lesson to ALL young girls out there NOT to get involved with creepy men, much older than you. She has paid the ultimate price, let that be a very harsh reality lesson.

Although I think Dr. Phil is more often than not, a LOT more bias than he chooses or likes to admit, I feel the polygraph's are usually done with a high-degree of professionalism. I mean, let's face it, when you fail by a lot, you're lying!! Had the results been non-deceptive, I have NO doubt, Genoese, would be singing the tests praises all the way home. That's always the way with losers, isn't it?!

As for the two young people tested recently with regard to their friend supposedly shooting himself in the head, I just happened to see that show also. Yes, they failed the polygraph. However, it was their demeanor, body language and recollection of the day/nights events, that told me they were not being 100% honest. They were lying for one another and it wasn't hard to see. 

I have great admiration for Cyril Wecht. His experience and honesty have helped solve many, many crimes that may otherwise have been ignored. Common sense tells you the trajectory of that bullet was not befitting the story they were trying to convince us with. 

So, when you look at the autopsy, along with their general demeanor, their body language, their version of events (especially when they're separated), and then the polygraph results, it's extremely difficult, in my opinion (which counts for nothing), to see them innocent.

As for ratings, I don't doubt certain shows ARE aired at specific times, however, I don't believe the results are. Yes, audiences do love a 'he said, she said' scenario, who doesn't? That said, I don't believe they really care which way the polygraph goes. I think you feel excited for guests when they're shown to be deceptive, but I think people also genuinely feel excited for people who pass it. I don't envy anyone who finds themselves in that position. If they're deceptive, the right people need to act, and if they're non-deceptive, the right people still need to act.

Well, that's my 2-bobs worth, now you guys can pick it to pieces, quote parts here and there and tear what I said apart.  Lips Sealed

Let the deconstructing begin!  Undecided

Thanks guys.
Cheers.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #13 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Quote:
I mean, let's face it, when you fail by a lot, you're lying!!

This statement reflects a profound ignorance about polygraphy. It is akin to saying that if a suspected witch, dunked in a body of water, floats very well, then she must certainly be a witch.

See Chapter 1 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for an explanation of polygraphy's lack of scientific underpinnings.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #14 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:24am
Quote:
Maybe it's a lesson to ALL young girls out there NOT to get involved with creepy men, much older than you.

Curious, just how does the age disparity apply? Are ALL young girls safer with creepy guys closer to their age?

IP Logged

Jack Trimarco Accuses Joe Genoese of Deception in Fiancée Sheena Morris's Death

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X