Normal Topic Rules to sharing poly results (Read 11606 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tom Riddle

Rules to sharing poly results
Aug 21st, 2012 at 3:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have an upcoming poly for a LE position and was wondering what are the rules regarding agencies sharing information in regards to polygraph results? For instance, I had a poly with one agency and "failed". Now I have one with a different agency and was wondering will they be able to access this information and see the results of my previous test? When you admit to being poly'd before do they research your previous results?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Re: Rules to sharing poly results
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 6:24pm
A good background investigator will question you about other agencies you have applied with.  Then checking would reveal a DQ based on polygraph, and a copy could be obtained in most cases.  This does not always occur, some agencies do a sloppy background investigation and allow persons to slip through the cracks.  A failed poly at one agency does not mean another agency will DQ you based on the prior examination, they may give you another exam to allow you the chance of passing.  What I am saying is based on personal experience.  Good luck in your quest. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 9:54am
Tom,

I'm not aware of any rules governing the sharing of polygraph results nationwide. It is common for law enforcement agencies within a region to share information about applicants, including polygraph results. The agency with which you have a polygraph scheduled may well be able to obtain your polygraph results from the other agency. When you admit to having been polygraphed before, you'll be asked what the result was, and you have little option but to answer honestly.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tom Riddle

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:13am
Thanks for the input.

Also, I've read chapters 3-4 of TLBTLD and would you advise on using the anal sphincter contraction method if the seat doesn't have the pressure detection pads? I figure that's the easiest way and probably least detectable. In addition, I was also going to alter my breathing. I know it says don't overdo it and combine too many countermeasures so how many do you suggest? Maybe the anal sphincter contraction and hold your breath as soon as you recognize the control question for 8-20 seconds thereafter? Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:30pm
Quote:
In addition, I was also going to alter my breathing. I know it says don't overdo it and combine too many countermeasures so how many do you suggest? Maybe the anal sphincter contraction and hold your breath as soon as you recognize the control question for 8-20 seconds thereafter?

I recommend that you study TLBTLD in its entirety and develop a suite of countermeasures that seem natural to you. Your approach at this point is a bit simplistic--simply holding your breath would most likely be detected.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:08am by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:24pm
Quote:
I figure that's the easiest way and probably least detectable. 

Properly executed countermeasures are NOT detectable.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:27am
Holding your breath for 8 to 20 seconds would be very risky and a bit obvious. It's better to alter your breathing pattern than to hold your breath... read chapters 3 and 4 of the TLBTLD. Practice some various breathing techniques.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box curiouskat

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 6:33pm
lmao I'm picturing in my mind somebody hooked up to a polygraph, being asked a control question, and then holding their breath until they turn blue and pass out Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Exzo74

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2019 at 9:27pm
Do federal law enforcement agencies (CBP) share your polygraph results/admissions with local police departments during a background investigation?

IP Logged

Rules to sharing poly results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X