Normal Topic Control Questions (Read 4811 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MrSmithsDog
New User

Control Questions
Jul 28th, 2012 at 5:14am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I read the book, and I have a few questions. I am getting a bit confused at the control vs irrelevant questions. 

Irrelevant is things like: Are the lights on, is the sky blue
Control is: Have you ever lied, have you ever cheated

Are those correct? If so Do I employ countermeasures on ALL Control questions I come across? Do I tell the truth or Lie on the control?

For example, if I was asked if I had ever lied, I would say?

Yes, and employ countermeasures?
No, and employ countermeasures?
Etc.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: Control Questions
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 6:46am
Dog,

You employ countermeasures on all control questions that you can recognize. The answer to be given is the answer that is expected as determined during the pretest interview.

Keep in mind that polygraphers stray from the polygraph technique and simply try to rubber hose the examinee with claims of reactions on specific questions and/or accusations of using countermeasures. Don't be distracted by this folly, simply maintain your poise and follow what you learned in TLBTLD.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Thank you.

That clears it up a bit more, They try and get you to lie by asking the control questions that almost everyone should be able to say yes they did too. Do I tell the truth on all control questions, or no I lie on them.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 4:02am
MrSmithsDog wrote on Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:45pm:
Do I tell the truth on all control questions, or no I lie on them. 

I already answered this. You give the reply that is expected as discussed in the pretest interview. A properly formulated control question is designed to elicit a response. You say you have read TLBTLD, but it appears that your level of understanding is superficial. I recommend further study with emphasis on chapter 3 prior to attempting countermeasures.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 5:19am
I did, however I believe you are correct. I will go over chapter 3 again to get a better understanding. Thanks.

IP Logged

Control Questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X