Normal Topic What can I assume..? (Read 3628 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FedUp88
New User

What can I assume..?
May 20th, 2012 at 4:23am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
What can I assume the person conducting the polygraph is doing when he jots something quick down on paper after asking a question? 

The polygraph was done using the computer method but on certain questions after I responded, I'd hear him scratch something out on paper.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: What can I assume..?
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2012 at 1:47pm
You can assume you've been disqualified.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FedUp88
New User

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2012 at 3:41pm
I prefer a response from someone who is not a sociopath, thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2012 at 5:42pm
The Examiner could be scoring the question just asked, or he/she may be jotting down which control or relevant question is producing best responses.  He/she may also be making notes on any movements he/she has observed and the list goes on.  It is difficult to say exactly what he/she is writing without seeing a video of the actual examination.  

Just a note, Quickfix is not a sociopath, or even close.  He does contribute to this site in a meaningful way.  At times he is short with persons posting here.  You may want to look at all of his posts before branding him. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2012 at 6:14pm
Bill_Brown wrote on May 20th, 2012 at 5:42pm:
Just a note, Quickfix is not a sociopath, or even close. 

I normally respect your opinion Bill, but you fell short on this one. Quickfix has some serious unresolved issues. This is one of the reasons your profession is not held in higher esteem due to the Eddie Haskells which populate your ranks. Those minds capable of serious critical thinking soon abandon polygraphy when they eventually realize that it is incongruent with the scientific method.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2012 at 9:02pm by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2012 at 1:45am
Stefano, 

Quickfix does demonstrate that he dislikes sexual offenders and he does have a temper.  But a diagnoses of Sociopath?   Maybe he does need some chill pills and a little talking to, but lets not jump the gun.  I do agree we have some persons in the polygraph industry that should be involved in other endeavors.  They are a detriment to the industry and I for one will work to weed them out, expose them and attempt to help the industry.

IP Logged

What can I assume..?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X