Normal Topic Appealing CIA Clearance Denial due to Poly (Read 4334 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Melanie Sanchez

Appealing CIA Clearance Denial due to Poly
May 5th, 2012 at 5:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A few months after my pre-employment polygraphs with the CIA I received a letter saying I had been denied access to classified information by the CIA.  My recruiter confirmed that this was in face a clearance denial (or SCI access denial, same thing really as far as the government is concerned).  I FOIA'ed and filed my appeal.  I was told it can take up to two years, but that time frame has passed.

Has anyone else here appealed a CIA clearance denial, whether is was due to the polygraphs or some other reason?  How long did your appeal take, what was the processes you went through, and what was the outcome of your appeal?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Melanie Sanchez

Re: Appealing CIA Clearance Denial due to Poly
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 7:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am the original poster.   I received a mysterious letter via Certified Mail from the post office, two years after my dreadful CIA polygraphs.   

My appeal was denied.   

Apparently I didn't show enough proof to mitigate the issue and the CIA re-affirms their original decision to deny me CIA clearance/SCI.  I was given the option to file one more appeal to someone higher up, but what's the point?  So I can wait two more years only to get another letter saying the decision still stands?  How does someone mitigate an issue of being falsely accused on a polygraph?  This isn't drug use or crime that can be mitigated with passage of time.  This is someone falsely accusing me of using countermeasures on the polygraph, which is not true.   

Well, I'm done with these assholes.  Luckily I have a better job now that I love, and received my TS/SCI from them, which I currently have, no poly needed.

crappity smack you, CIA.

IP Logged

Appealing CIA Clearance Denial due to Poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X