Normal Topic sexual assault (Read 8677 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SoLScorpion1982

sexual assault
Feb 28th, 2012 at 2:37am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Im comming To You For Help And Or To Have Questions Answered. To Make a Long Story short I Was accused Of Sexual Assult And In A Way forced To Take A Plea Deal Of 4 years probation and A Unknown Amount Of Time At A Sex Therapist Witch Has Not Begain Yet And Along With The Plea Came With Corruption Of A Moral Minor.. Im Comming To You Because From what the Probation Officer Tells Me That If I Keep Denying The the Sexual Assult That Was Supposed To Of Happen In My Case The Sex Therapist Will Force Me To Take The PolyGraph Test. Now I DO Want To Take The Test Inorder To Prove To My Family And Friends Along With My Self that What I Was accused Of Is In Fact a Lie But From Reading And Doing Research I Am Not To Sure Of What I should Do In My Situation. Last Time I Talked to My Public Defender He Told Me That I Should Not Take The PolyGraph Test Because Its Scientificly (BS) So Just Tell The Sex therapist U Had Done Sumthing Wrong. I Dont Want To Do that Because I Have Done Nuthing Wrong I Was Hopeing That If I Took The PolyGraph Test To Prove That I Am In Fact Telling The Truth And Was Not Involved In Any Sexual Assult Would It Help Me In The Long Run After Or If I Pass The PolyGraph Test To Put Out A Civil Suit On My Accuser To Be Sued For Mental Anguish That Forced Me To Seek A Persoanl Therapist About What Im Going Through And The Strugle It Has Caused Me....I Was Placed In Jail for About 2 and a Half Month's Before I Was Bailed Out by Family And friends...this Is An Ongoing Situation To Date As I strugle Through My Daily Life Im Left Clueless Of What To Do.....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box abusedbygov
New User

Re: sexual assault
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 12:15am
Well boo hoo. I spent FOUR YEARS in a federal penitentiary for something that only happened in the mind of the prosecutor. My advise to you is read George's book and learn how to slide on the poly. It can't detect truth or lies, it just detects whether or not you give a shit. And, if you're a sex offender in treatment, then you won't have a choice about whether to take a poly or not, you'll just be ordered to.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box solscorpion1982

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 12:58am
lets get sumthing cleared up....i dont care what u went through as im sure u feel the same for me. secondly with sarcastic remarks perhaps you should of stayed longer in the feds. on another note i have downloaded geroges book and made 60 copys and passed them around. but the book will not answer the question i have posted....this is why i posted my small story to get an answer not a sarcastic boo hoo remark... Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:31am
Sol Scorpion.

Quote:
Last Time I Talked to My Public Defender He Told Me That I Should Not Take The PolyGraph Test Because Its Scientificly (BS)

If your plea agreement calls for Sex Offender Treatment, then polygraph testing will be a component and you'll not have much recourse. If you refuse, you could be violated, not so much for refusing to incriminate yourself with a polygraph, but for non-compliance with the terms. But, nobody in this forum can give you legal advice on your case.

However, if you are given a choice, I would suggest not submitting to polygraph interrogation.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 2:11pm
SoLScorpion1982,

As Stefano pointed out, polygraph "testing" is mandatory in some post-conviction sex offender treatment programs, and refusing to submit may in some instances result in a probationer or parolee being expelled from the treatment program and sent to prison.

However, if refusing the polygraph would not result in your going to prison, or facing more onerous conditions of probation, then I think it would be wise to follow your lawyer's advice and refuse the polygraph.

Note that if you were to pass a polygraph, it is unlikely that you could use the result in a civil suit, and polygraph "evidence" is generally inadmissible in courts of law. However, if you fail a polygraph, that outcome might have adverse consequences for you.

PS: I assume your public defender's advice not to take the polygraph came before your conviction. Your situation may well be different now that you are on probation. I think it would be prudent to seek a new consultation with a criminal defense lawyer regarding your current situation.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box solscorpion1982

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 2:50am
thank you for answering my main question as it helps alot with the situation...

IP Logged

sexual assault

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X