Normal Topic nervous and worried (Read 1855 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joeblow

nervous and worried
Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:27pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have an upcoming test and I must say I am practically scared to death. Can anyone help? Here is my question.

Just a hypothetical scenario: 
if the polygrapher asks me a question that he and I both already know the correct answer to how are you supossed to control your response. 
For example, if he asks is the wall white and it is indeed white and I answer yes he will record that response. Then if he asks me to lie about the same question wouldn't he have a baseline of when im lying? 
Also what are the best countermeasures to use and when should I use them? 
Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: nervous and worried
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 8:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
"Norming" your responses to various questions is part of any interview.  It is common for police officers conducting an interview to ask some innocuous questions that are virtually guaranteed to elicit a truthful response in order to gauge how you respond when you are telling the truth.  "Is the wall painted white" is probably a bit too obvious to ask as part of this process, but you can be sure that other questions will be asked in order to get a sense of how you react when recalling truthful information.  If the interviewer is skilled, you probably won't even realize the interview has begun yet when he or she asks these questions.

As the polygraph examination progresses you will likely be steered into answers the polygraph operator will assume are lies, even if they are not.  For example, you might be asked something like, "Other than what you have told me, have you ever stolen from an employer?"  Generally, regardless of how you answer, the polygraph operator will assume there are a few instances of minor thefts from employers which you have decided not to share with him.  He will then assume that your reactions/lack of reactions during your answers to those questions are your baseline for how you react when telling a lie.  If you react in a similar fashion when answering relevant questions, it is likely he will believe you are lying.

The problems with such assumptions are obvious.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

nervous and worried

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X