Normal Topic "Failed" DHS poly but told the truth! (Read 5161 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bulgolgi

"Failed" DHS poly but told the truth!
Nov 5th, 2011 at 10:23pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I was called to schedule a drug test on Wed. I took the drug test on Thurs. 
I took the polygraph 2 weeks ago. Then this morning I get a letter from Office of Internal Affairs, stating that they received noticed that I failed to succesfully complete the polygraph examination requiremnt, and that they will be notifying the Office Of Human Resources Management that I am unsuitable for employment, and that the Office of Human Resources Mgmt. will be providing me with final notice as to the status of my application for employment. 

Im not sure why I was asked to take a drug test if I did not "pass" the polygraph. Regardless, it is very dissapointing. I have never taken a polygraph so I am not sure how the test is supposed to go. However, I was only asked a few questions 3 sets of time. I was then told that I failed the test by the Agent. He said I passed the test 98% but that was not good enough. He said that since I lived in x city and x city, that I must have taken drugs and been involved in drug cartels! I was shocked, I have never taken drugs, nor have I even been involved in criminal activity. My answers were not good enough per the agent. He wanted me to "confess" to my sins, because it was the the right thing to do religiously and "for my health". He said he gave tests to applicants who admitted to doing drugs 10's of thousands of times and were hired. He told me to "give him something to work with-to meet him half way-to continue the test-or I could not proceed".

What a joke. I told the truth and I was told I failed. What a sham. I am now being eliminated because of a black box without a background investigation or further inquiry? Give me a hair test, heck give me a spinal tap, ask all my friends, family, teachers, co-workers, girlfriends, etc.. I have never done drugs or been involved in that kind of behavior! I don't understand the heavy hand reliance on this test--IT IS NOT ACCURATE!

I'm not sure if I should respond via letter to the Office of Internal Affairs in DC or wait to hear from the Office of Human Resources, but I would like to dispute the results and request the results be waived and/or be given a chance to retake the "test" with a different agent examiner. 

Any suggestions? Im fairly frustrated.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box firedup

Re: "Failed" DHS poly but told the truth!
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 2:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Bulgolgi,

I had a very similar experience through the Seattle Field Office of Internal Affairs.  I was advised that I was hiding something, and that I needed to tell him what it was.  I was also told that I was hiding my drug use, and asked how many times I had smuggled drugs and illegal aliens across the border lol.  I seriously thought I was being punk'd!

I understand how angry and frustrated you are, as I passed everything else like you, just to fail the crackerjack contraption aka the polygraph.

I attempted to obtain the results of my examination, and was ignored.

IP Logged

"Failed" DHS poly but told the truth!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X