Normal Topic going to get a pre-employment polygraph, I'm Really anxious, I have a few questions (Read 14304 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GoingToPass
New User

going to get a pre-employment polygraph, I'm Really anxious, I have a few questions
Oct 21st, 2011 at 11:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I cant stop thinking that I can lose the job because of the poly.

I thought that I'll take rescue which is bach flower remedy.
it's basically a remedy that helps you relax on stress/anxiety events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bach_flower_remedies

It helped me relax in the past. 
should I use it?

I need some suggestions about what should I tell the examiner.

I've read most of the book, and it's great to know that I can pass with no worries (I'll update here).

I've a few questions, I already know most of the relevant questions.

"have you ever used drugs?"
I've never used drugs, nor I ever smoked a cigarate, but I did used a few "sport drugs" that helped me lose weight.
things like ephedrine, clenbuterol (without a prescription) etc' which I think are on the FDA illegal drugs list. I've even sold some pills to a few friends who wanted to use them to lose fat (it's used by people that want to get to a low percetage of fat in their body)
does that qualify me as a drug dealer\user? I'm using them just to boost my fat burning process (it also gives me energy when running and it can keep my body from loosing muscle in the process, increases matabolism etc').
should I tell that to the examiner?

"have you have stolen something from work?"
(my previos work was at the army) 
I've once taken a 20$ worth of keyboard and mouse from my office (we have plenty in the office, I'm going to return them on sunday anyway), should I tell that?
another issue is that becuase I my mother is a single mother and had some debts I got a few money Grants (50$-100$ each) from the army, over the years we got those debts payd up but I kept told the army that our condition isn't good and made our problems look bigger 
so I will get better terms and I will be able to help my mother and sister at home\work.
lately I'm starting to feel like a lier and also a bit like a theft (altough I'm not!) should I consider that as stealing from work? (I got about 200$-250$ after our condition got better,  as a soldier I earn 100$ per month because I must serve in the army for 3 years (that's the law here), so in order to be able to work after hours and come back sooner to my house I had to exaggerate about our finance problems and about problems I have in home)
I was recognized as a soldier with finance problems so I got some vouchers in the holidays and few money grants)
what should I do in your opinion?

BTW, what if the best way to deal with a polygraph test that doesn't use "control questions", he uses just relevant\ Irrelevant ones?, I couldn't really understand the explanation on page 155.

I can't allow myself to lose this job.. it will help a lot to my family.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Craziness

Re: going to get a pre-employment polygraph, I'm Really anxious, I have a few questions
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 3:21pm
Hahaha...relax man.  Say no about the drugs.  And drug dealer.  lol.  You could go to the local police station and pass those out and all the guys there would laugh at you, and probably say thanks.

FYI on poly's  Anything Mary Jane and below is a no!   Unless of course you've already admitted to doing Mj...then I guess you should admit that.

Now on to your secret life as a liar and a theif.  How dare you, you criminal!  Joking...Mouse's and keyboards are not accountable items wiht the Base ECO's and DRMO won't even accept them.  We used to just throw them in the trash (now we recycle them) so don't freat about that.  And as for your "claims" again, if the people working in that office granted you the money you said you needed then it's all good.  If it ever would have been an issue, it would have been an issue when you applied for it.

IP Logged

New User

Re: going to get a pre-employment polygraph, I'm Really anxious, I have a few questions
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 5:32pm
I'm going to have a polygraph for a new Job, they give all of their employees a polygraph before they hire them.

I have a few friends there who told me the questions..

I think you misunderstood me, about the work (army) part, I was serving in the army so my previous work was the army, there is a office (it's like a department) which is responsible to the wealth\welfare and needs of soldiers that have "problems" at home, like finance problems or other issues (sick relatives, single parents etc'). 

I had a few problems, which I exaggerated in order to get better condition from the army (I could come home sooner, didn't have to stay in nights etc'), as time passed our issues got better and I was still telling the army that I have those problems. that department is giving money\vouchers to soldiers who are known to have problems, and I got on a few occasions a few money grants I also got vouchers for the holidays (I had to take them cause I had a story behind me, and as someone who earns 100$ a month it was nice getting a little extra now the then (I got maximum of 600$ (grants\vouchers) in all 3 years of serving)

does that count as stealing from work?

I couldn't understand what you mean by "Anything Mary Jane and below is a no!"

I haven't admitted nothing, the poly is in about 2 weeks from today.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:31pm
GoingToPass,  You committed Fraud.  That is a "serious undetected crime".   

Good luck in your quest

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:34pm
Bill_Brown wrote on Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:31pm:
GoingToPass,  You committed Fraud.  That is a "serious undetected crime".  

Good luck in your quest

Is that really Fraud? why do you think so?
I really had those problems, and when they gotten better I simply kept getting a few benefits, my mother is still single mother, works hard to provide for her kids, she doesn't get any support from my father and I can't help her because I work for a salary of 100$ a month, this is why the army is trying to help and support soldiers like me.

is it such a "serious crime?"

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:41pm
GoingToPass, 

Check your messages

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 1:31pm
Bill, don't try to play with my head, well, shame.

I haven't done any crime, I'm fitting the criterions and I got what I got because of my situation, you are looking at it with the wrong perspective. 

Should I take the bach flowers remedies to help me to relax during the polygraph? it will calm me down, but I don't want it to have negative effects on the results or on the countermeasures, maybe it's better to be anxious so the results will not get false positive?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 3:44pm
You may wish to check the link below.  I am not playing games with your head.  My perspective is that of a normal polygraph examiner.  Also a normal law enforcement officer can read the UCMJ and clearly see you committed fraud against the United States Government.   I am not saying you are a bad person,  only informing you of a fact you were not aware of.    

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/military_jus...

UCMJ 
Article 132  Frauds against the United States
Any person subject to this chapter--
(1) who, knowing it to be false or fraudulent--
(A) makes any claim against the United States or any officer thereof; or
(B) presents to any person in the civil or military service thereof, for approval or payment, any claim against the United States or any officer thereof;
(2) who, for the purpose of obtaining the approval, allowance, or payment of any claim against the United States or any officer thereof
(A) makes or uses any writing or other paper knowing it to contain false or fraudulent statements;
(B) makes any oath to any fact or to any writing or other paper knowing the oath to be false; or
(C) forges or counterfeits any signature upon any writing or other paper, or uses any such signature knowing it to be forged or counterfeited;
(3) who, having charge, possession, custody, or control of any money, or other property or the United States, furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, knowingly delivers to any person having authority to receive it, any amount thereof less than that for which he receives a certificate or receipt; or
(4) who, being authorized to make or deliver any paper certifying the receipt of any property of the United States furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, makes or delivers to any person such writing without having full knowledge of the truth of the statements therein contained and with intent to defraud the United States;
shall, upon conviction, be punished as a court-martial may direct.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 5:08pm
haven't you got it till now? I'm not from the USA.

I must serve the army, by law. and I make 100$ a month, this is what soldiers get here.

because I have a few finance and family issues I'm getting (little) support from the army, this is it.

I give 3 years of my life for my country (I earn 3600$ in those 3 years), so the army is trying to reduce the stress by trying to help me and my family, I got 200$ for groceries, 140$ for a new chair (because I don't have a chair) and something like 200$-300$ in vouchers to buy cloths and groceries for the holidays (spread on those 3 years).

that's it.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 6:43pm
Thank you for the information, I was relating your post to a US Citizen.  I'm sure there are different standards and laws in your country that i am not aware of.  

Again good luck in your quest. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box figs
User

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:38pm
GoingToPass wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 1:31pm:

Should I take the bach flowers remedies to help me to relax during the polygraph? it will calm me down, but I don't want it to have negative effects on the results or on the countermeasures, maybe it's better to be anxious so the results will not get false positive?

Thanks.

Does not matter. Teh bach flowers remedies have 0 affect. It only seems 2 work bc u think it work. Science sez so http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20734279.

Read TLBTLD. Information iz ur remedies.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:24pm
figs wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:38pm:
GoingToPass wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 1:31pm:

Thanks.

Does not matter. Teh bach flowers remedies have 0 affect. It only seems 2 work bc u think it work. Science sez so http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20734279.

Read TLBTLD. Information iz ur remedies.

Thanks.

I know that there aren't any control question in the polygraph I'm about to pass, there are only relevant\Irrelevant questions, how should I handle that? should I use the Breathing\Mental countermeasures on the Irrelevant questions? how exactly?

Thanks!

IP Logged

going to get a pre-employment polygraph, I'm Really anxious, I have a few questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X