Normal Topic Polygraph vs EEO (Read 4826 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Antonio

Polygraph vs EEO
Aug 7th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have been a federal agent for almost 10 years with a perfect record and I currently hold a secret clearance. Last year I failed a polygraph test when I applied for a job with another federal agency. I believe that the polygraph examiner failed me because of my ethnicity. I went ahead and filed a formal EEO against the agency. The EEO was accepted and once I get the results back, I’ll have the chance to take my case against a federal judge. What I need to do now is to find a specialized lawyer that can help me with my case. I have spoken to some lawyers and they don’t seem to understand what I’m trying to fight. They are only interested in my money. Can anyone please recommend a lawyer? Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: Polygraph vs EEO
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:14pm
Well, are you more interested in anti-EEO or anti-polygraph? By your post, it's hard to tell if you believe in the accuracy of the polygraph. As a federal agent, were you a big believer in the polygraph when it suited your needs (e.g., a suspect failed an exam, confessed when presented with the results), or are you peeved now that it has been used against you? If an examiner scored you deceptive, and other examiners can come to the same conclusion, what does that finding have to do with discrimination? Not a whole lot IMHO.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Antonio

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:40pm
I said I was fed. It does imply that I have ever used, been trained, or even believe in the polygraph. If I believed in its accuracy and on the ethics of the examiners, I would not be seeking advice from the members of this forum.  I’m just another frustrated victim seeking justice. That’s why I posted the question.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 11:00am
Antonio,

You might want to speak with Mark Zaid, who has experience representing federal employees who have been treated unfairly.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box figs
User

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:54pm
Please post or PM me what agency accepted an EEO complaint re polygraph?  Thnx.

IP Logged

Polygraph vs EEO

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X