Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I got BUSTED trying to use CMs!!! (Read 41484 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box figs
User

Re: I got BUSTED trying to use CMs!!!
Reply #45 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 2:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
figs wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:50pm:
Doesn't say anything about "PRACTICE and REFINEMENT"in countermeasures there either

Those were my words. I had to admit to Bill Brown and Pailryder that countermeasures require practice and refinement. I do believe this to be true. Haphazard countermeasures should not be attempted.

How do we know consistant CMs are better then inconsistant ones? 

Maybe closing you're eyes sometimes (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1388245711002331), decreasing GSR reactivity during a relevant question, is a good move. Highly visible, but luks naturel. 

Varying CMs mite keep responses from being consistent. This might work *better* then consistant CMs on R/I tests (eg w/CIA and NSA). 

In all fareness, stefano, I can see how you may meen something other than "inconsistent" by "haphazard."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 7:21am
Interesting post figs. I guess what I meant by haphazard is to be without a plan. Having a plan to be inconsistent would not be haphazard.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Quazipapi

Reply #47 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 3:34am
I used countermeasures incorrectly and got busted and failed my poly once ago.  What had happened was...
- I used CMs during the Irrelevant Questions instead of the Control Questions by mistake for a 3-letter agency's polygraph.  I didn't study TLBTLD thoroughly and screwed up.  Hence, I failed the poly.
- After realizing what went wrong in my first poly, I was recruited later by a different 3-letter agency and I used CMs, in my own way in a sense, and I passed (and I even lied out of my ass during the poly session). 

This proves the polygraph is one big joke.  It is a psych game.  Each time the polygrapher tries to falsely accuse you of stuff and get you to spill your guts because all polygraphers love confessions, so don't give them any!  By the way, failing a government polygraph will stay on your record and be shared with every other government agency you try to get a security clearance from.  A failed poly will flag your government file.  This is a pain in the butt and will make it harder and take longer to get other clearances in the immediate future.  However once enough time (at least a year) elapses and you have mitigated the issues (you can't really mitigate a failed poly unless you appeal and your appeal is granted, which may take at least a year), then you should be good to go with other clearances.

Bottom line, poly is a joke.  I failed a poly and passed a poly even though I lied.  It is a mind game, understand that.  Voodoo science.  A trick.  Be close-minded and understand that your brain can’t be read.  Play along with the polygraher’s “numbers game” which is becoming a far-too-common tactic that is getting old as well as the other standard polygraph games.  Do your research and don't screw up like I did.  This is a good site with lots of good material and will help anyone get through the polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #48 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 6:58pm
Quote:
I even lied out of my ass during the poly session

And you have now proved you are a liar.  That's really something to be proud of.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brian1978
New User

Reply #49 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 6:32am
Quote:
crappity smack ALL OF YOU!YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A TRUE STORY IF IT PISSED ON YOUR FACES!crappity smack THIS SITE, IT IS NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WITH SMART ASS COMMENTS.YOU ARE PROBABLY ALL POLYGRAPHERS AND GEORGE IS THE ONLY LEGITIMATE ONE ON THIS SITE. YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF crappity smackIN BITCHES AND CAN GO TO HELL!crappity smackIN ASSHOLES! 

George, feel free to delete this entire thread since the assholes on here only crappity smacked it up and swear that I must be lying or be an undercover polygrapher, which is their stupid response to everything.I hope you all die a slow painful death! 

George, it has been a long time since I have visited your site.  After hearing you on C2C I thought I'd stop by and "see what's been going on", and this clown show up.  

Busted, you sir don't deserve a Government job and with your latest outburst you have shown your mental capacities, or lack of them.  Busted your probably best suited at working at Wal-Mart.  Last I checked they don't poly.  

On the other hand if you are a poly examiner, which I suspect along with others that you are, you need to work on your demeanor.  From a former polygraphee to a polygrapher, your line of work is right up there with used car salesman and politicians!  True Scum!  Don’t agree?  Your precious box never uncovered Aldridge Ames or Robert Hansen.  There are more, however, these are the more contemporary ones that come to mind.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LOL

Reply #50 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 5:03pm
Did anyone else notice the stinky photo on page 3 of this thread?  I'm surprised the site moderator left the pic up.  Maybe that is his sort of thing.  *giggles*

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PooWhip
New User

Reply #51 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 8:47am
rawform wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 4:38am:
Busted,
My intention is not to be rude but to state the obvious. If you are a legitimate applicant, then you must be a moron and I would think that you should not be working for our government.

Curious?  I was under the impression, that in order to work for the government. One obviously had to be a moron to begin with....  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box busted

Reply #52 - May 31st, 2014 at 11:49pm
I am the original poster, and I wanted to update this thread a few years later.  First I want to clarify exactly what happened.  I took a CIA polygraph.  I made the mistake of not clearly understanding "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector" (TLBTLD).  I mistaked the irrelevant questions for control questions.  This is a Grade "A" crappity smack Up on my part.  I deserve to die because of this.

During my CIA polygraph, at the Dulles Discovery site on Air & Space Museum Pkwy in Chantilly VA, I tried to hold my breath slightly during the irrelevant questions.  I thought these were "Control" questions, which is where I crappity smacked myself.  By using countermeasures during the irrelevant questions, I set off an alarm to the polygraphers that I was using countermeasures.  The CIA uses the Irrelevant/Relevant questions pattern, so what I should have done was just have used countermeasures to cause reactions during different sets of Relevant questions so that I would pass.  This is clearly explained in TLBTLD, page 151.

The Irrelevant questions, as I recall, were similar to: Are we in Virginia?  Are the lights on?  Is your name XXX? 

The relevant questions, as I recall, were something like: Did you intentionally lie during any part of your recruitment or application?  Are you hiding any criminal activity?  Were you honest about your drug use?  Have you crappity smacked an animal or are you a f*g**t?  LOL, just kidding about that last one.  I wasn't asked that, but who knows if others were, as it all depends on the applicant's character...

At the end the polygrapher said "I know you were holding your breath, just like they tell you to do on the internet".  Then he asked "What do you know about the polygraph, where did you hear about it?".   I mentioned this site, and he responded with a negative comment about "the antipolygraph" site.  I don't remember the details though, I knew I was crappity smacked at this point.  Anyway, I did not confess to using countermeasures or anything, and I denied everything.  This was my last chance to save grace.  I was still rejected, but at least my file says that "no confessions were obtained" and simply that "the CIA felt strongly not to hire applicant".  This proves that they were aiming for a confession, which is the whole goal of polygraphy.  I have sense bounced back and now have a stable and successful career.  This CIA incident is behind me.  Everyone, make sure you understand TLBTLD before you take a polygraph.  Don't do like me and pull and ultimate fail.  Know the difference between a Control and an Irrelevant question, and know when to employ countermeasures.   

Busted is out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
I got BUSTED trying to use CMs!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X