Normal Topic Question about CIA and lying during MEPS (Military Medical History) (Read 14202 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sdfasdfasdfsdfa
New User

Question about CIA and lying during MEPS (Military Medical History)
Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:37am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi, I had a question I was hoping you guys might know.

I'm a guy with a special operations background as well as a college degree who was thinking about applying to the CIA.  The thing is when I entered the military I lied at meps about a few things and I am afraid this will come up in the polygraph in the form of "Have you ever lied on official documents" or something like that.  I had a pretty good military career and was (and am) on good terms with all the guys I've worked with, never been written up for any bullshit.  If I confessed to lying at MEPS could the Agency  tell the military and like mess with my benefits or make it so I was discharged dishonorably or something like that?  Oh yeah I also had to lie to get my clearance too (sorry can't say what level don't wanna narrow it down, i can't imagine there are too many people that are qualified to apply for the paramilitary position)

Thanks~

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly4life

Re: Question about CIA and lying during MEPS (Military Medical History)
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 2:40am
Depending on what the lie was, you may be able to come up with a cover story.  In short, lying to get a clearance is BAD!  I know people who have fudged their drug use numbers before, but they never really got "caught" because if anything it was so long ago they could just say they miscounted.  Even former CIA NOC Lindsay Moran said she lied about her drug use in her book "Blowing My Cover", but they didn't fire her.  But even with that, if you used drugs 50 times and you say you only did it 10 times, that's worse than saying you did it 5 times when it was really 6.  

Or if you say you never committed a crime when a thorough background check with your friends will reveal that you guys robbed a guy at gunpoint years ago and were never caught.  

Please tell us, what exactly was the lie?  So we can better help you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 8:08pm
Quote:
Please tell us, what exactly was the lie?So we can better help you. 

"Tell us?'" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? You sound like a polygraph examiner attempting to extract a confession. Maybe it's you who should be telling "us" who you really are.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Person

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 1:00am
that guys a guest yet he"s acting like he's apart of the         anti-polygraph community. If the lie is drug related and it was before military use and u have not used it since, tell them. The CIA may not be able to read your mind via polygraph but they can sure as hell uncover everything about ur past

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Debo
New User

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2011 at 9:28pm
Dude, just straight up, stay away from the polygraph then. That is falsifying an official document at MEPPs. You are double f'd if you don't list it on your polygraph application, then admit it during the interview which is another falsification. That's how they get you. If you want to try it, ensure that what you put on the application is exactly what you tell then during the interview and let them call you a liar all they want but, keep your mouth shut. I initially went into the interview keeping certain things to myself. When I decided to open up and come clean, I was obviously saying something different than what I listed on the application, which is, you guessed it, a falsification. I've had many military buddies that fudged info to their recruiters to get in and they've made great leaders and had long lasting careers (much respect). I've witnessed friends do a complete 180 from a rough life to a guy I'd have in the trenches with me. The polygraph is not a good judge of character and it ruins good people's lives (including mine). 

Bottom line, if you can't go in there with a clean conscience, don't go in there at all because that incident in the back of your mind will fester during the interview if you let it. At least, you can preserve your career with a TS/SCI no poly.

IP Logged

Question about CIA and lying during MEPS (Military Medical History)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X