Normal Topic Scared and need advise (Read 3212 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jonnydoe
New User

Scared and need advise
Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey everyone, I have a couple questions I've been wanting to ask and this site seems the best. A buddy of mine was recently accused of being part of a crime, and this buddy is currently active duty military. My buddy didn't commit anything wrong and every bit of the accusers sworn statement is fabricated. Knowing he didn't do anything he was suspected of doing, he signed a consent form for a polygraph (after finger prints,photos, and his own sworn statement) Knowing how the military is and how things get twisted, after doing research on the "what if's" he regrets signing the form because of the advise from lawyers and numerous websites claiming the validity of the test. There isn't anything for him to hide but just thinking of it makes him nervous and stressed out and he is worried about false positives. His questions is do any of you all know if polygraphs are submitable in court martial in the military and/or federal court, and can he still back out of the test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pixkbi
User

Re: Scared and need advise
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:30am
the results of the polygraph are not admissible in a court martial.  however anything he says is admissible.. if the is going to be tested by CID then he should tell his story.. take the test and say nothing afterward.. or contact the JAG and get a private test first.. if you or your friend has an attorney .. them they should set ground rules prior to the test

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 5:13am
As pixbi mentioned, polygraph results are not admissible at courts martial, but any admissions made are.

Your buddy can still back out of the test. And he would be wise to do so. He has nothing to gain by allowing himself to be interrogated in the absence of legal counsel. He would be wise to get a lawyer now and not speak with investigators further without a lawyer.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jonnydoe
New User

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:53pm
I dont understand what you guys mean when saying polygraphs are not admissible but admissions are, like they can pick out certain questions and answers or something. My friend really appreciates everyone advice, my friend is just worried that because he did sign that consent form they will try to mind F him to still make him take it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 2:16pm
Jonnydoe

Not admissible means that I cannot testify as to my opinion of a poly result, but if a person fails and admits to me he did a bad thing, I can testify as to his admission.

What part of tell your buddy to lawyer up, do you not understand?

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Scared and need advise

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X